Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Bet there'll be way more paint colors available. Too bad I'm impatient enough to put up with today's limited palette.
The airline I flew for violated the prime directive of buying airliners, "Never buy or fly the A model of anything." I spent half my career flying an A model. Why change now? ;)
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What don’t like about full autonomous is that the vehicle will not speed. Or at least it shouldn’t.

personally wherever I drive, most drivers exceed the speed limit by at least 10%. Will autonomous do this? Or will it maintain the speed limit while everyone else is passing you?

mid you can’t maintain the speed of the balance of traffic I think I would never use self driving.
From the Mach-e Owner's manual, page 220,

"Adjusting the Set Speed Tolerance
1. Access the vehicle drawer on the
touchscreen.
2. Press SETTINGS.
3. Press Driver Assistance.
4. Press Cruise Control.
5. Press Adaptive Cruise Control.
6. Press Speed Sign Recognition.
7. Press Tolerance.
8. Use + and - to set the tolerance.
Note: You cannot set the tolerance more
than 19 mph (30 km/h) above or below the
recognized speed."

Sound more complicated than it is.

mfjj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Fusion Energi, 2013 C-Max, 2006 Prius, 2000 Prius
Country flag
Ford makes a big deal out of personalization, e.g. 3 memories and all of that for seats, climate -- tons of stuff. And then you reach down to unlock the steering wheel tilt/telescope and adjust it manually. A bit of magic lost.

Having said that, agreed. It is a first world problem. ?
Well, MME is a first-world vehicle. I agree this is a lost opportunity. My Fusion Energi has this feature. My wife and I appreciate it everytime we use the memory buttons. The steering wheel is also part of the "easy entry/exit" thing. Very nice. I would put it ahead of the pony logo in the frunk on my want list, to be honest.

Reactions: pb3

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I hate to say it but overall the thing I will miss the most from my lincoln mkx to the mache is the aircon seats.

Yes, I can do without it, but I really like the aircon seats. Just so hard to do certain things in an Ev, one for range and two for price. Once the first one is done through the mache can and will get better over time. Later models could have aircon seats or even a heat pump. 2021 mache will not be the same as 2023 mache.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Well, MME is a first-world vehicle. I agree this is a lost opportunity. My Fusion Energi has this feature. My wife and I appreciate it everytime we use the memory buttons. The steering wheel is also part of the "easy entry/exit" thing. Very nice. I would put it ahead of the pony logo in the frunk on my want list, to be honest.
my 2013 has nearly every option - missing only adaptive cruise - and it's a manual wheel adjustment - must have been added after for your 2017 to have it. From reading the appropriate group on Facebook it looks like the sweet spot for the Fusion Energi was the 2018 model year so that tracks...

The one thing I'll say just having gotten the gf's C-Max (that lacks memory of any kind) back from service the other day is that adjusting the power seat back to "just right" is WAY harder than adjusting the manual wheel. Yes, a power adjustment wheel would be nicer for sure, but it's not going to kill me.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I hate to say it but overall the thing I will miss the most from my lincoln mkx to the mache is the aircon seats.

Yes, I can do without it, but I really like the aircon seats. Just so hard to do certain things in an Ev, one for range and two for price. Once the first one is done through the mache can and will get better over time. Later models could have aircon seats or even a heat pump. 2021 mache will not be the same as 2023 mache.
I hope with OTA that the 2021 Mach-E won't be the same in 2023, either, for that matter. ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I’m fine with the MME without seat cooling. Why? Because I’ve never had it on any vehicle. Cant miss what you haven’t had.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
don't ever try it lol.
Back when I bought a Fusion, I was tempted to get the MKZ version simply because of the air blowing through perforated seat holes.

It was $7,000 more. But so tempted. But definitely not worth it. Still, tempted.

Then I sat in an MKZ on the dealer lot and found that those little air holes are no match for Phoenix summers.

So I bought the Fusion.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That would be true for most. Range isn’t a huge issue for me though, I live on an island. But if still lived in California’s Central Valley and was driving through it, yes it’d be great.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think I'd just drive an ICE car rather than doing either. If I'm gonna be in fear of running out fuel to where I can't use the A/C on my fancy new $60,000 car, then it's staying home on road trips while I drive my Escape.

OP
OP
Electric Fusion

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

We own a Audi eTron and you all have nothing to worry about when it comes to range ... nothing! My wife drive the eTron and she has a led foot .. she speed everywhere she goes and this is a car with only 204 EPA .. with her driving style she only gets 152 miles @ 80% charge on the GOM ..

So you all have absolutely nothing to worry about.. she never runs out only using about 60-70 miles a day and she charge up once every two days ..

We went on a 754 miles road trip from NY to SC best we got on the freeway was 185 miles with 10-12% reaming SOC .. and our eTron was much faster doing this same trip than our previous Tesla model X with more BS so call range .... the faster charging to 80-100% of the eTron makes a world of a difference..

so for local driving and long road trips we never once had any issues with range .. and from the looks of it every Mach E will perform even better .. so again .. all this talk about range is truly pointless.. and we never once use ECO mode!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think I'd just drive an ICE car rather than doing either. If I'm gonna be in fear of running out fuel to where I can't use the A/C on my fancy new $60,000 car, then it's staying home on road trips while I drive my Escape.
With the current EPA 2 cycle numbers the MME's efficiency slots it in just above the Jaguar I-Pace 2019 and Audi E-Tron 2019; both at the bottom. It's saving grace is the size of the extended range battery. Ford has a bit of room to improve efficiency based on initial numbers. They did not do bad, however, more battery weight and only about 15% difference compared to another's small suv's range. Possibly heavier adhesive was used to hold down the glass roof? Was I hoping for better, of course, but it works for me. Should also be noted they had room to open at least 6% more of the battery; which brings 15 to 9%.

My guess is the 4x will get around 235 mi real world range (376 Wh/mi, 235 Km/mi) @ 70 mph, ran dry with air, based of the current EPA 2 cycle numbers and others performance. Pure guess. Start the guessing now, do it quick we should have some info soon. I think this vehicle will work no problem 99% of the time, down to about -10 F (-23 C), which works for me. Hoping new chargers pop up not the ones we have get congested.

235 x 0.7 / 70 mph = 2 hr 20 min (guess)
Sponsored

Last edited: