Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
They can try but you can't put a square peg in a round hole.
Thankfully. While you can't put diesel into a gas car by accident, you can put gas into a diesel. I know someone who did and it didn't work out very well.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Thankfully. While you can't put diesel into a gas car by accident, you can put gas into a diesel. I know someone who did and it didn't work out very well.
Newer cars yes, but with some older cars you can put diesel in a gas car. I know because I did that one time in the 70s :rolleyes: I was in a hurry and grabbed the wrong hose. The car ran like crap as you would expect. I was able to drain the tank and refill with gas.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
@Sheetz
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mustang Mach-E tested on 7 different home charging units by Tom Moloughney 2636FECD-1957-4598-9E8C-6124EA974F8D

Last edited:

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Agreed - I was on the fence with the TeslaTap and waiting until someone tested it out. Looks to be another on my list of purchases...
Mine, too. Nice tip to get the 80 AMP version.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Mine, too. Nice tip to get the 80 AMP version.
I just got the 80A version. If I already had a 50A, I wouldn't have bothered to upgrade, but my current version was only 32A, so that wasn't going to cut it. I like the Lectron version better, but they don't seem to make an 80A, so I stuck with the original Tesla Tap brand.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I want to see a poll of everyone who purchased a Tesla adapter after a year of ownership: How many times have you used it?

(Yes: Granted even once may make it worth it given the right conditions. Likewise my J1772 extension cord: Probably used it maybe a dozen times tops but it was invaluable for many of those.)

Rotting Piñata

First Name
Adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon hybrid
Country flag
I keep having dreams about this car, and I'm thinking tha this video has caused my brain to add charging into the mix. Normally my dreams are about driving the car around in nonsensical ways (like sitting in the back holding a portable steering wheel - an OTA update perhaps?).

In last night's dream, I was having an EVSE installed in the kitchen (!) and I was upset to find that the cable wasn't long enough to reach the MME, which I intended to park in the living room. Lesson is, don't install your EVSE's in the kitchen! Unless your spouse is ok with repurposing your house to suit the Mustang.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I want to see a poll of everyone who purchased a Tesla adapter after a year of ownership: How many times have you used it?
Don't apply logic. It's not about how often you use it. It's about having the knowledge that you can! :)

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I keep having dreams about this car, and I'm thinking tha this video has caused my brain to add charging into the mix. Normally my dreams are about driving the car around in nonsensical ways (like sitting in the back holding a portable steering wheel - an OTA update perhaps?).

In last night's dream, I was having an EVSE installed in the kitchen (!) and I was upset to find that the cable wasn't long enough to reach the MME, which I intended to park in the living room. Lesson is, don't install your EVSE's in the kitchen! Unless your spouse is ok with repurposing your house to suit the Mustang.
Off the main topic, but glad to know I am not the only one . . . had a dream the other night I went to pick up the car at the dealer . . . my salesman was not there, just a guy who was obviously Hispanic/Mexican and only spoke Spanish (I don't) he just gave me the fob and pointed me to the parking lot, where I found what I would call a Rapid Red "kit" car that was like one of those 3 wheel Archimodo cars. I was angrily walking back from the parking lot to the dealership building to ask where my Mach E was when my alarm went off.

My wife is right. I am overly obsessed.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

(Yes: Granted even once may make it worth it given the right conditions. Likewise my J1772 extension cord: Probably used it maybe a dozen times tops but it was invaluable for many of those.)
While interesting, it may be like asking boat owners how often they used their emergency life raft or EPIRB (emergency locator beacon). Sometimes it's more about knowing you have it in case you need it rather than using it.

Most people who actually use theirs with any frequency are probably charging at a home (or maybe business) that only has a Tesla charger. These folks are likely to use the adapter regularly. Most everyone else is likely to be in the life boat situation.

If you really want this information (I agree it is an interesting question), you should make a new thread with an actual poll. Maybe the options should be:
Thought about getting one
Bought one and have never used it
Used it to test it
1-3 times a year
Lots of use

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

Agreed. Interested in the J1772 extension cord you mentioned. Have a brand you could share, please?
Sponsored