Atwilson01

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E Premium Awd ext
Country flag
Well it finally happened. I’ve had my MME Premium X AWD for about a week and tonight I pull up to the traffic light and from behind me I heard the Mustang pull up along side.

He revved, I looked over, he revved again.

I looked at the 5.0 emblem on his door and confirmed what I already suspected from the sound. I thought to myself is it worth it? The responsible Dad in me was thinking absolutely not.

Then the light turned green and I was instantly 13, playing video games in my parents living room. I had him on the inside turn, blitzed through the light, 2nd light a full car length in front of him and barely caught the light.

Made it a few more intersections before the light patterns brought us back together. He pulled up next to me clearly surprised. I rolled down the window in the back so my kids could wave, and that’s when he let out an uproarious fit of laughter.

My kids wanted to know why the man was laughing so hard as we pulled away, I just smiled and said sometimes you get a tough one.

*reminder to drive safe and obey traffic laws.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Great! Please correct the title of the thread to reflect that it was MUSTANG versus Mustang (remember, there are a lot of Mustang Mach E haters out there - we have to keep reminding them that we own Mustangs, not just “Mach E’s” ?)

ESilver

First Name
Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Titan, Sequioa, Yukon, Rogue
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Well it finally happened. I’ve had my MME Premium X AWD for about a week and tonight I pull up to the traffic light and from behind me I heard the Mustang pull up along side.

He revved, I looked over, he revved again.

I looked at the 5.0 emblem on his door and confirmed what I already suspected from the sound. I thought to myself is it worth it? The responsible Dad in me was thinking absolutely not.

Then the light turned green and I was instantly 13, playing video games in my parents living room. I had him on the inside turn, blitzed through the light, 2nd light a full car length in front of him and barely caught the light.

Made it a few more intersections before the light patterns brought us back together. He pulled up next to me clearly surprised. I rolled down the window in the back so my kids could wave, and that’s when he let out an uproarious fit of laughter.

My kids wanted to know why the man was laughing so hard as we pulled away, I just smiled and said sometimes you get a tough one.

*reminder to drive safe and obey traffic laws.
That is awesome!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
A buddy of mine keeps going on about “but top-fuel dragsters blah blah blah … electric cars are lame.” My eyes glaze over and I just nod and change the subject. Anyone have any idea what he’s going on about?

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
A buddy of mine keeps going on about “but top-fuel dragsters blah blah blah … electric cars are lame.” My eyes glaze over and I just nod and change the subject. Anyone have any idea what he’s going on about?
Ask him about the range of that top-fuel dragster! And, where is he going to store his golf clubs? LOL, talk about apples and oranges....

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have a 2010 GT500 that runs high 11s in the 1/4 mile at about 123mph. I drove a Premium AWD MME and it felt faster in most situations. It was like driving the GT500 along in 3rd gear at 50mph. Instant response then, but you don't want to do it all the time. I can't wait to get my MME GT. With that said, the GT500 has a visceral thrill still, largely due to the wheelspin capability and the fun exhaust sounds ;)
Sponsored