My 1000 Forum Post, A Long Journey to Ownership with My First Edition Mustang MACH-E EV

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Reservation placed 11/18/19 (AM) - Rapid Red First Edition
Order Converted 6/29/20
Delivery 2/12/21 (0.9 Finance for 36 with 50% down)
Full PPF 3/25 (Would never do again full, only partial - my mistake or OCD got the best of me)

Before Delivery 11/18/19 to 2/12/21

It was a really long journey from reservation to delivery with lots of bumps in the road leading up to ownership. As we all know communication from Ford was dismal, they really need do a better job of keeping the customer informed about individual orders. I confirmed with my dealer of choice (Fullterton Ford) before selecting them that they would honor the X-PLAN and no ADM before conversion. So I was all set until delivery, excitement keeps building. First OKTB delays, then "Stop ship", KC wait wait wait wait and so on.

After Delivery 2/12/21 ->

After delivery I had a few issues which I have detailed in another thread, but wanted to highlight that Ford really took care of me. In my opinion Ford is standing behind the success of the MME and did a great job of working directly with on my issues. While they haven't resolved it yet, I was able to remove the offending devices from my home and the issues are no longer. If your MME tosses errors only when at your house or garage, chances are its interference from a device that's transmitting on the same frequency range as the MME. 15 Hz to 30 Hz and in my case was a power line ethernet adapter.

Could some things be better, of course, but almost all of the issues are mainly software related and will be worked out over time. Ford is still Ford and no different from the others who are producing EV's, it's technology and nothing is perfect. If you want perfect you will never own an EV, I owned a Nissan Leaf prior and it also had issues that was fixed by Nissan.

The Ford Dealer Network

Outside of release delays, this is a major weak point for Ford right now. No doubt when the MME is no longer the hot new thing on the lot, the games some dealers are playing will subside. However there are some great dealers out there, one just needs to establish which is best before placing an order.

The MME experience so far beyond any issues or delivery delays.

One word "Awesome"

Love the ride, attention and design.

Would I do it again?

I would order the "GT" model, that would be the only thing I would do differently. While I love the FE, the GT just adds power and I think I am ready for it.

Closing thoughts on the MME Forum and looking forward to post 1001

As a long time member I try to share my knowledge and experience, lots of new folks here and I welcome you to the family. I only have one ask, please search the forum to see if the question you have has been covered already. If there is a thread that is close to it or older, just use that thread before creating a new one. Navigating when there are so many threads with the same topic or answers makes it really hard for everyone. I feel compelled to answer the same question in the new thread, but in the back of my mind I am angry to answer the same thing over and over. I would love to take the time to link to that thread which has it covered but it takes as much time to find it as it does to answer it again. All the same problem :)

Also folks, please be respectful of each other, we are just here to learn and share, not get into debates.

Anyway, long post sorry, just wanted to say something - See ya on the road!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Anyway, long post sorry, just wanted to say something - See ya on the road!!!
Not a long post at all. Thanks for your thoughts. Amid all the gloom and doom (perfectly natural mind you), posts such as this are a nice reality check.

Oh and, no you won't be seeing me on the road ... unless you're planning a long MME swim. ;)

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It's not too late :)
My personal finances say otherwise :)

I doubt I could have waited for it anyway, I feel for those who have them on order or about to convert to an order. It's still months away from delivery.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not a long post at all. Thanks for your thoughts. Amid all the gloom and doom (perfectly natural mind you), posts such as this are a nice reality check.

Oh and, no you won't be seeing me on the road ... unless you're planning a long MME swim. ;)
Yes, this is true.

Post update:
If you are in the lower 48 states :)

POST reality:

If you are not in the tri-state area (NY / NJ /PA) you most likely will only see my posts on the forum and not actually me or my MME.

Thanks for the kind words, gets lost around here :)

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Country flag
Thanks for the write-up and the recommendation on Fullerton last month. Order placed with Joe 3/16.

See you on the road!

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks for the write-up and the recommendation on Fullerton last month. Order placed with Joe 3/16.

See you on the road!
Congrats and welcome to the family!

They were super easy to work with and no BS.

They even mailed me a check for the $100 driver assist as it wasn't clear at the time how the rebate works. Now I just have to get them to program my second remote.

I forgot to add the following in my 1000 post

Ford went out of their way too in a few different ways, I will save that for a later post down the road. It was very similar to some of posts of well-known early adopters who posted on the forum. Some things are best left unsaid as well.

I will confirm that Twitter worked for me, but it also got me blocked by Mike Levine himself. One of my whines about the KC delays got published in an article, so tread lightly. As others have said, wording is everything. The executive folks at Ford who are responding on Twitter are more focused on responding to folks with major service issues and not so much with individual delivery delays.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Cheers! Glad your issues with the mysterious powerline ethernet interference are getting sorted out.

I have to ask - why is full PPF driving you nuts? I did a partial front/full hood, but I am wondering whether I should have done the doors to mitigate any scratching/paint swapping from mild door dings. But once you do the doors, then may as well do the whole thing (except for the price!)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Great post! Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear that Ford blocked you on social media. Sort of surprised that a marketing account would block a customer ?‍♂

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Cheers! Glad your issues with the mysterious powerline ethernet interference are getting sorted out.

I have to ask - why is full PPF driving you nuts? I did a partial front/full hood, but I am wondering whether I should have done the doors to mitigate any scratching/paint swapping from mild door dings. But once you do the doors, then may as well do the whole thing (except for the price!)
Because the PPF installer got tiny specs under it in a few sections. Maybe one or two per area. Now I’m chasing him to fix it, for the cost I expected perfection and less of a headache. As for protection, I love it and for sure will stop any scratches. I have OCD’s so I see the imperfections and can’t let it go. I don’t think the cost is worth it beyond the front bumper, hood and mirrors.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Great post! Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear that Ford blocked you on social media. Sort of surprised that a marketing account would block a customer ?‍♂
Yup, I was too vocal on the first stop ship.

tread lightly :)

DC02D6C0-582F-4BAD-8154-DEED9C103238.jpeg

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah it's weird. Tesla's head of marketing does this, too. :(
Sponsored