2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I love my cruise and Bluecruise on my 21 Premium AWD. Just took a road trip from GA to Il and it was very nice to have. That being said, I don't use the speed recognition feature due to misreads of signs and I've never had my car phantom brake.
Sponsored

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
The phantom braking iny MME was in Northern VA on express lane coming from SC to PA. For some reason the car was not reading the electronic sign and suddenly brake to drop speed by 10-15 miles. Folks behind me could have easily hit me. I reverted off the cruise and had to drive manually after the 3 rd incident
that is not phantom braking, it's just reading the sign wrong. that's not the source of the tesla issue as far as i know?

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I haven't driven those cars, but the Mach-E has always seemed really quiet to me. And I'm someone that has never gotten over the buzzing noise from the driver display, I'd put myself in the bucket of being pretty sensitive to these things.
It's quiet compared to an ICE car.. especially budgety ones like low-end Toyota/Nissan/Kias with poor NVH.

You are talking about isolated noises like rattles, wind noise, or dashboard screen buzzy which is different from a high noise floor that exists because I think the entire MME underside or wheel wells aren't sealed from road noise. Folks just get used to it... like I did with my Bronco (80-90 dB consistently). I tolerated it with the Bronco because having the windows + top down is an amazing experience when it is 60-70F outside like it was this past winter (when I owned the Bronco) in Florida.

Anyhow, I got back from vacation and drove my Mach-E yesterday then the Ioniq 5 this morning. The suspension and noise levels are very different. The Ioniq 5 is a pretty flawed EV too and I probably won't be keeping it past this summer (whenever my Lyriq or R1S arrive).

FYI Tesla owners think their EVs are quiet too.. shrug...I guess.

Reactions: ARK

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I have no experience driving a Tesla, but thought this was interesting...start at the 19:00 minute mark...

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Go drive an Ioniq 5 or BMW i4 or iX for a week. The wind noise over the mirrors is one just problem. Road noise is pretty high compared to near luxury or luxury EVs.

FYI I’m currently renting a RAV4 XLE while on vacation and this is a noisy shitbox - just to give you an idea of my standards. I think a properly quiet EV should be low 60s dB at 70mph on the highway.
Has anyone driven the Cadillac Lyriq? I'm curious about the noise/wind level in that car. The wife is up next for a ride and she just wants a quiet cabin. She not as excited about a pure EV; but I'm trying to find one that she would fall in love with. May look at EV-9 as she is currently in a Highlander.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Has anyone driven the Cadillac Lyriq? I'm curious about the noise/wind level in that car. The wife is up next for a ride and she just wants a quiet cabin. She not as excited about a pure EV; but I'm trying to find one that she would fall in love with. May look at EV-9 as she is currently in a Highlander.
Yes I test drove a Debut Edition (RWD) 3-4 weeks ago at my Caddy dealer.

It's about as quiet as the Ioniq 5 or BMX iX and the RWD acceleration is more than adequate. I did not accelerate past 65mph as I was on local-ish roads but heard no wind noise unlike on the Mach-E where it appears around 55-60mph (weirdly... no wind noise on my GT PE).

The Lyriq is very much a luxury cruiser but the rear visibility is bad as a Tesla Model Y. The rear view mirror and window are tiny and there's no rear wiper - which explains why the Lux/Sport 3 trims have a digital rear view mirror. It's nice appointed at the price point ($63K). It's more wagon than SUV.
Sponsored