krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Have a Mach E on order, should be delivered in 2-3 weeks. Today was the first time I got to do an extended test drive. Summary - I love this car! Notes below.
- Car feels very solid and well put together. I have been worried about lack of seat tilt, but the seats are well padded and I was able to find a comfortable spot.
- RWD, but acceleration was solid and car handled predictably.
- Tech was easy to use and I was able to handle everything I needed by selecting the different "cards". My Android Auto paired perfectly and worked great the entire time. My wife says the screen is "overkill" but I love it.
- MIrrors are a little smaller than my Escape but well shaped.
- Love all the info on instrument cluster (no noise coming from it). My steering wheel position blocks a little in the top corners but NBD.
- Upon return to the dealer - we spent some time going over financing options in advance. They remain clueless as to how to actually track these cars but he did provide some insights. I am disappointed they provide a miiltary discount for most models, but not Mach-E or Bronco.

Very excited to get my Mach-E!
Sponsored

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Have a Mach E on order, should be delivered in 2-3 weeks.....

....I am disappointed they provide a military discount for most models, but not Mach-E or Bronco.

Very excited to get my Mach-E!
Thank you for your Service! Navy?

Engijms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD X on order
Country flag
I also got in my first test drive yesterday and had similar thoughts. Just as a ref, I'm coming from SUV land not sports car land so I'm not an expert on handling or suspension, etc. It was an awd FE.
1. The car is deceptively fast. Like I'm going to get tickets fast if I'm not watching what I'm doing. I went peddle down at three lights and it was like the other cars hadn't left the intersection. It's so smooth it didn't feel fast. The GTs are going to hit ludicrous speed.
2. I was worried about tilt too. Didn't bother me after 1 hr.
3. Went between different drive modes some but frankly they weren't a ton different to me being so used to SUVs. Steering tightness definitely changed. Ride was very smooth.
4. I didn't hear monitor whine but I didn't try
5. The sound system using Sirius XM just fine. Didn't love prev driver setting but pushed sound to back seat a little and cut down high treble and it's loud and good. Not crystal clear but it's satellite.
6. Tried 1 pedal first time ever and you get used to it fairly fast. I ended up a little nauseous after the end of drive probable due to this a bit, stop and go traffic in spots, and ripping around curves faster than I should have. Not sure if this would be my go to mode.
7. I like the propulsion sounds and even thought they should be louder. Gave better sense of car acceleration.
8. Didn't hear wind noise but I didn't get sustained freeway speeds to test
9. Carbonized grey (my original color) is really nice. Would have been very happy with it.

Loved driving it. I'm 4 weeks out before my IB arrives. If you're in So Cal, Encinitas Ford has been awesome as noted in other threads.