Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium RWD
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Bluecruise turned on this weekend and I took it for a short drive on i84. It feels much like the smart cruise. When i was driving, I would position the car slightly closer to inside line, but smart cruise likes to dust the bushes on the outside line. Other than that it felt safe and intelligent. I mentally had a bit of a hard time keeping my hands away from the wheel, just didnt feel sure. I will get used to it with time. One other thing I noticed is it seems to be a bit better at staying connected that the smart cruise did. All in all, not bad.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Bluecruise turned on this weekend and I took it for a short drive on i84. It feels much like the smart cruise. When i was driving, I would position the car slightly closer to inside line, but smart cruise likes to dust the bushes on the outside line. Other than that it felt safe and intelligent. I mentally had a bit of a hard time keeping my hands away from the wheel, just didnt feel sure. I will get used to it with time. One other thing I noticed is it seems to be a bit better at staying connected that the smart cruise did. All in all, not bad.
What's smart cruise?

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
HFBC does tend to ride too close to the right line.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Hi @timunger0222 - I also received the Blue Cruise OTA this weekend - however I can't find where it is in the car - I have the FORD CO-PILOT360 Active 2.0 Prep Package (2021 First Edition). The Ford videos say to look under Cruise Control and select "Intelligent Cruise Control with Hand-Free Driving" but the video seemed generic, is that where you found it on your Mach E?

OP
OP
timunger0222

timunger0222

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium RWD
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I think the key thing is here, terminology. I had bluecruise (not hands free) which i consider lane keeper/smart cruise. So Bluecruise hands free is what I am referring to in this post. Is there more to come? Like actually auto drive to a destination?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
What's smart cruise?
I think the key thing is here, terminology. I had bluecruise (not hands free) which i consider lane keeper/smart cruise. So Bluecruise hands free is what I am referring to in this post. Is there more to come? Like actually auto drive to a destination?
There will be lane changing and more, likely in 2023.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hi @timunger0222 - I also received the Blue Cruise OTA this weekend - however I can't find where it is in the car - I have the FORD CO-PILOT360 Active 2.0 Prep Package (2021 First Edition). The Ford videos say to look under Cruise Control and select "Intelligent Cruise Control with Hand-Free Driving" but the video seemed generic, is that where you found it on your Mach E?
Did you go look?

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Did you go look?
Yes, my menu for cruise control shows only regular cruise control and adaptive cruise control, not the "hands-free" option they show in the video

UPDATE - I found a Mach E Specific Video that shows how to setup the Mach E - the previous video was a generic Ford video... I am looking forward to trying it out!

Last edited:

Honda_Insight

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E +2000 Honda Insight
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also got the "hands free" Blue Cruise update this weekend. I don't see anything new in settings, but when I turn on cruise control with lane centering on the interstate, my screen turns blue and I can take my hands off of the steering wheel!
Sponsored