My brand new Mustang Mach E doesn’t run!!

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I
I purchased the car in California so it is registered in California titled in California and California law is what is followed in a lemon law case. Why would I go visit my car if it does not run? and it is sitting 54 days ?what good would it do ? I talk to them daily which is the same as being there . it’s 6 1/2 hours away not worth the effort to go see the car. I’ve already seen the car and know I have a lemon.
Since you continue to dodge the question about whether this is your personal vehicle it seems like you're not being transparent here. I know that I would go and have a face to face meeting regarding the situation. If you are confident you have a case, file for lemon law protection in CA. Seems like you joined this forum to stir the pot.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Red34frd

First Name
arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
34 Ford 19 Mzb a 2021 toy mirai. 2020 Chev 3/4 p
Occupation
Owner Cars2Cars Leasing co.
Country flag
did they give a specific reason for denying the buyback? After all assuming you are financing it you still have to be paying the monthly payments
[/QUOTEI paid cash for the car and no they will not tell me why they denied My by Beck claim but The rep from Ford that is helping me is reapplying for the buyback claim the laws 30 days in the shop we are way past that

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I don’t know my bill date the car was delivered to be on February 17 so obviously built way before then. I live in California the car is located in Arizona so I do not know the building I haven’t seen the car in 54 days
Did you pre-order or purchase off the lot?

If share the VIN and we can provide more details on your build date. The forum would be more helpful and able to give you more information of what has gone down in the last 5 months.

OP
OP

Red34frd

First Name
arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Did you pre-order or purchase off the lot?

If share the VIN and we can provide more details on your build date. The forum would be more helpful and able to give you more information of what has gone down in the last 5 months.
Bought it out of existing inventory my ordered cars still has not come in. 3FTK3RM0MMA07835 is my vin. Ty for your help

OP
OP

Red34frd

First Name
arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
My it’s not me that’s evasive. It’s a personal car.
Since you continue to dodge the question about whether this is your personal vehicle it seems like you're not being transparent here. I know that I would go and have a face to face meeting regarding the situation. If you are confident you have a case, file for lemon law protection in CA. Seems like you joined this forum to stir the pot.
I have filed with the state for a buyback. I am not driving 6 1/2 hours to have a face-to-face meeting when I could talk on the phone maybe you can’t but I certainly can and I know what the problem is. The problem is Fords lack of caring to get my car back on the road. The dealer is very cooperative and very nice his hands are tied as mine are.Without parts to fix the car it cannot be fixed my going there would certainly change zero. I don’t appreciate you saying that I join the forum to stir the pot. I did not join the form to stir the pot I join the form to show people what the problem is with a brand new Mach E

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Good grief- your consumer laws are dreadful!
I live in the UK (an English guy)
We can reject a car, no questions asked, as not being fit for purpose up to 30 days after delivery (for a full refund). After that we can return the car up to 6 months but the value of the return is reduced accordingly for obvious reasons.

I simply would not have tolerated what the op has, and would have chucked the keys back and expected the full cost of the car to be back in my bank asap or by the time I got home :)

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag

I have filed with the state for a buyback. I am not driving 6 1/2 hours to have a face-to-face meeting when I could talk on the phone maybe you can’t but I certainly can and I know what the problem is. The problem is Fords lack of caring to get my car back on the road. The dealer is very cooperative and very nice his hands are tied as mine are.Without parts to fix the car it cannot be fixed my going there would certainly change zero. I don’t appreciate you saying that I join the forum to stir the pot. I did not join the form to stir the pot I join the form to show people what the problem is with a brand new Mach E
I'm out. Hope it all works out for you. The story still makes no sense to me, but different people have different ways of doing things. Have a great day.

Reactions: EVS

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I bought it 2/17/21. It had 3 miles on it. I drove it home. 27 miles. Next day I loaded it on my trailer and took it to AZ. Drove it off trailer. After that it would not run. I had it towed to a Ford dealer in Casa Grande Az. Today is April 11, 2021. It’s still there it still isn’t fixed They replaced wiring harness and a big module. Now they say that they need a connection box. That part is supposed to be in on April 29. Lol. It has 30 miles on it. Apparently Ford has a buyback committee. I applied for a buyback. THEY TURNED ME DOWN. So I wait and wait and wait. Ridiculous customer service
https://dcba.lacounty.gov/portfolio/the-lemon-law/

>

The California Lemon Law covers new cars. It covers used cars too if there is still time remaining on the manufacturer’s warranty. The Lemon Law covers:

• Cars, pickup trucks, vans and SUV’s. It also covers the chassis, chassis cab, and drive train of a motor home. After-market parts such as van conversions are not included.
  • Dealer-owned vehicles and demonstrators.
  • Vehicles purchased or leased for personal, family, or household purposes.
  • Many vehicles that are purchased or leased primarily for business use.
The Lemon Law does not cover:

• Vehicles that are not registered under the California Vehicle Code, such as off-road vehicles.
  • Vehicles that have been abused.
When does the Lemon Law apply?
California’s Lemon Law applies when a “reasonable” number of repair attempts have been made. This is called the Lemon Law Presumption.

The Lemon Law Presumption applies if all the following are true:

• The problems your car is having are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
  • The problem first occurred within 18 months of delivery, or within 18,000 miles, whichever came first. (For major defects after this time frame, talk to an attorney.)
  • The problem reduces the use, value or safety of the vehicle to you, and the problems were not caused by abuse.
  • If the warranty or owner’s manual requires it, you have notified the manufacturer about the problems. (It’s best to have this in writing).
And if any one of the following is also true:

1. You’ve taken the car in for repairs four or more times for the same problem and it’s still not fixed.
  2. You’ve taken the car in for repairs two or more times for a problem that is severe enough to cause death or serious bodily injury and it’s still not fixed.
  3. The vehicle has been in the shop for more than 30 days (not necessarily in a row) for repair of any problem covered by the warranty.
If your vehicle meets these criteria, the Lemon Law presumes a reasonable number of repair attempts have been made and you may be entitled to a replacement or a refund.<

Last edited:
OP
OP

Red34frd

First Name
arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
https://dcba.lacounty.gov/portfolio/the-lemon-law/

>

The California Lemon Law covers new cars. It covers used cars too if there is still time remaining on the manufacturer’s warranty. The Lemon Law covers:

• Cars, pickup trucks, vans and SUV’s. It also covers the chassis, chassis cab, and drive train of a motor home. After-market parts such as van conversions are not included.
  • Dealer-owned vehicles and demonstrators.
  • Vehicles purchased or leased for personal, family, or household purposes.
  • Many vehicles that are purchased or leased primarily for business use.
The Lemon Law does not cover:

• Vehicles that are not registered under the California Vehicle Code, such as off-road vehicles.
  • Vehicles that have been abused.
When does the Lemon Law apply?
California’s Lemon Law applies when a “reasonable” number of repair attempts have been made. This is called the Lemon Law Presumption.

The Lemon Law Presumption applies if all the following are true:

• The problems your car is having are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
  • The problem first occurred within 18 months of delivery, or within 18,000 miles, whichever came first. (For major defects after this time frame, talk to an attorney.)
  • The problem reduces the use, value or safety of the vehicle to you, and the problems were not caused by abuse.
  • If the warranty or owner’s manual requires it, you have notified the manufacturer about the problems. (It’s best to have this in writing).
And if any one of the following is also true:

1. You’ve taken the car in for repairs four or more times for the same problem and it’s still not fixed.
  2. You’ve taken the car in for repairs two or more times for a problem that is severe enough to cause death or serious bodily injury and it’s still not fixed.
  3. The vehicle has been in the shop for more than 30 days (not necessarily in a row) for repair of any problem covered by the warranty.
If your vehicle meets these criteria, the Lemon Law presumes a reasonable number of repair attempts have been made and you may be entitled to a replacement or a refund.<
I am not dumb I know all the things you just texted me but beautiful Ford motor company denied my lemon law claim even though the car has been there 54 days without moving. I have to go through the state of California and file a claim it’s ridiculous because I meet all the criteria of 11 law Buyback And to make things worse they said we can’t tell you why we denied it it’s against California law LOL

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag

Appreciate all the information and sorry for you ordeal...

But what you need is an attorney who specializes in the Lemon Law and whose fees are entirely paid for by the sued manufacturer (and that legal fee coverage is per the CA Lemon Law).

I've had such an experience with another manufacturer. You can Google lemon law attorney California and use whoever you want. You can DM me for the lawyer I used if you want.

Good luck!

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Scandalous to have a part on backorder? The OP declined to answer the question but the lack of info/knowledge about build date and the fact that he took the car to another state and hasn't gone to see it in 50+ days lead me to believe this MME was purchased for commercial purposes. AZ lemon law treats that differently than a personal vehicle. My bet is that Ford does as well. Not sure about CA.
Yeah. They should pull a part off the line and overnight to to the dealer. That is the right way to handle this. It is hard to say there are no parts available when they are actively building the car.

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
With all due respect to the OP, it sounds a bit like the troll post a few days ago of someone chiming in after just fiddling with the map for 15 mins.

* The OP still hasn't given any specific details on what dealer, VIN, etc.
* No pictures.
* OP claims to have bought an inventory car on Feb 17, when inventory was really tight and deliveries have barely begun.
* The car is sitting in the repair shop (where?) for 54 days. But OP only now decided to join this forum and post incessantly.

No offence, but I'll take it more seriously when the OP provides some more specific details such as pictures etc. Some anti-Ford Tesla fan can't be ruled out, imho. ;)

OP
OP

Red34frd

First Name
arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
With all due respect to the OP, it sounds a bit like the troll post a few days ago of someone chiming in after just fiddling with the map for 15 mins.

* The OP still hasn't given any specific details on what dealer, VIN, etc.
* No pictures.
* OP claims to have bought an inventory car on Feb 17, when inventory was really tight and deliveries have barely begun.
* The car is sitting in the repair shop (where?) for 54 days. But OP only now decided to join this forum and post incessantly.

No offence, but I'll take it more seriously when the OP provides some more specific details such as pictures etc. Some anti-Ford Tesla fan can't be ruled out, imho. ;)
I guess you guys can’t read I posted the Vin number about two hours ago and I said where the car was being repaired in Casagrande Arizona and lo and behold there’s only one Ford dealer in Casagrande Arizona. And oh my God I don’t know the bill day holy moly I’m a bad person

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I wasn't going to say anything but I feel I should.
1) Something is wrong with your vin as it doesn't bring up anything related to a MME
2) You bought a car off the lot and it had only 3 miles on it. That is rare
3) You towed your car 27 miles and then took it off and it doesn't start. Why you were towing it and then decided to take it off of the flatbed after 27miles when you live in cali, ok whatever floats your boat, you have your reasons. Seems strange but ok fine.
4) The car has been there for almost 2 months and you have not reached out via social media to anyone at Ford and you are still making car payments?
5) You applied for lemon law and was refused for no reason.
I'm not sure what we can do to help and if this is all true then your only recourse is a lawyer and I'd stop making payments for a car I don't have.
Sponsored