My brand new Mustang Mach E doesn’t run!!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Bought it out of existing inventory my ordered cars still has not come in. 3FTK3RM0MMA07835 is my vin. Ty for your help
That VIN is missing a character......but it was pretty easy to figure out.
The part they are replacing isn't easy to get to and it's the type of item that doesn't usually fail. In fact, your car is the first one I have seen where the diagnostic tree led to the conclusion that part needs to be changed. It appears they have prepped the vehicle as best they could and are now waiting for the part to arrive. Will probably take a couple of days to assemble the car from that point. Then about a day to reprogram and test.

That is my conclusion based on what I have seen in the system.
There is another forum member here who's car has exhibited the same symptoms but his dealer was able to repair his car (prior to delivery) without replacing the component in question and so far the vehicle has functioned well.

A very uncommon situation for sure. Hang in there if you can.
Sponsored

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I guess you guys can’t read I posted the Vin number about two hours ago and I said where the car was being repaired in Casagrande Arizona and lo and behold there’s only one Ford dealer in Casagrande Arizona. And oh my God I don’t know the bill day holy moly I’m a bad person
In that case, my apologies. There are a few anti-Ford Tesla fans out there, so thanks for providing the specifics to rule out that possibility!
Hope you have at least a loaner vehicle to use till it gets fixed and you are taken care of so you feel happy, whatever the outcome is.

fawzma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
alfa romeo
Country flag
there is a demo at my dealer that was delivered on Feb 05 2021 according to palsapp. That car hasn't been on test drives due to some part its waiting on.

OP
OP

Red34frd

First Name
arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
34 Ford 19 Mzb a 2021 toy mirai. 2020 Chev 3/4 p
Occupation
Owner Cars2Cars Leasing co.
Country flag
Appreciate all the information and sorry for you ordeal...

But what you need is an attorney who specializes in the Lemon Law and whose fees are entirely paid for by the sued manufacturer (and that legal fee coverage is per the CA Lemon Law).

I've had such an experience with another manufacturer. You can Google lemon law attorney California and use whoever you want. You can DM me for the lawyer I used if you want.

Good luck!
Here is picture of the part that is need.
With all due respect to the OP, it sounds a bit like the troll post a few days ago of someone chiming in after just fiddling with the map for 15 mins.

* The OP still hasn't given any specific details on what dealer, VIN, etc.
* No pictures.
* OP claims to have bought an inventory car on Feb 17, when inventory was really tight and deliveries have barely begun.
* The car is sitting in the repair shop (where?) for 54 days. But OP only now decided to join this forum and post incessantly.

No offence, but I'll take it more seriously when the OP provides some more specific details such as pictures etc. Some anti-Ford Tesla fan can't be ruled out, imho. ;)
[/QUOTE
I wasn't going to say anything but I feel I should.
1) Something is wrong with your vin as it doesn't bring up anything related to a MME
2) You bought a car off the lot and it had only 3 miles on it. That is rare
3) You towed your car 27 miles and then took it off and it doesn't start. Why you were towing it and then decided to take it off of the flatbed after 27miles when you live in cali, ok whatever floats your boat, you have your reasons. Seems strange but ok fine.
4) The car has been there for almost 2 months and you have not reached out via social media to anyone at Ford and you are still making car payments?
5) You applied for lemon law and was refused for no reason.
I'm not sure what we can do to help and if this is all true then your only recourse is a lawyer and I'd stop making payments for a car I don't have.
here is picture of part that is needed
I guess you guys can’t read I posted the Vin number about two hours ago and I said where the car was being repaired in Casagrande Arizona and lo and behold there’s only one Ford dealer in Casagrande Arizona. And oh my God I don’t know the bill day holy moly I’m a bad person
here is correct vin. I guess I wrote it Incorrectly.
3fmtk3rm0mma07835. I guess you didn’t read what I wrote. I purchased the car on February 17 I drove it home it had 13 miles on it not 3 miles but I did say 3 miles. I drove it to my home and I loaded it on my flatbed trailer which I towed to Arizona. The reason I towed to Arizona is nobody’s but mine. It is personal. I took off the trailer. It ran fine. I left to go back to California. I got a phone call an hour later that the car won’t run. I called Ford and they told it in to Casa grande Jones Ford. It has been there for 54 days I have talk to Ford motor company at least 10 times I have talked to Jones Ford at least 20 times. Ford motor company turn me down for a buyback and no reason given they said California law The reason. That makes no sense to me. I have a plied for a lemon law by Beck with the state of California and they’re lemon law better business bureau program and if you don’t believe all that I couldn’t care less Ford doesn’t care either I included a picture of the part that is needed to make the car run according to the Ford engineer that flew out there to see what’s wrong with the car they say the partial be in April 29 which is unacceptable in my opinion. I am proceeding to try to get the car bought back with California’s lemon law program. I am truly sorry you dont like my story.

E30A6EDF-2DBB-4A56-86D6-61C538BA646A.png

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I am not dumb I know all the things you just texted me but beautiful Ford motor company denied my lemon law claim even though the car has been there 54 days without moving. I have to go through the state of California and file a claim it’s ridiculous because I meet all the criteria of 11 law Buyback And to make things worse they said we can’t tell you why we denied it it’s against California law LOL
Ford doesn't get to deny a lemon law claim. Not from you or anyone else. That decision is with an arbitrator. Unless you're not eligible.

You file the claim with the State of California and enter arbitration. The result is binding on Ford (in this case) but not you. Use the lemon in your home state, if you're eligible. If you're not, file in Arizona. If you're still not, that explains an awful lot.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Here is picture of the part that is need.

here is picture of part that is needed

here is correct vin. I guess I wrote it Incorrectly.
3fmtk3rm0mma07835. I guess you didn’t read what I wrote. I purchased the car on February 17 I drove it home it had 13 miles on it not 3 miles but I did say 3 miles. I drove it to my home and I loaded it on my flatbed trailer which I towed to Arizona. The reason I towed to Arizona is nobody’s but mine. It is personal. I took off the trailer. It ran fine. I left to go back to California. I got a phone call an hour later that the car won’t run. I called Ford and they told it in to Casa grande Jones Ford. It has been there for 54 days I have talk to Ford motor company at least 10 times I have talked to Jones Ford at least 20 times. Ford motor company turn me down for a buyback and no reason given they said California law The reason. That makes no sense to me. I have a plied for a lemon law by Beck with the state of California and they’re lemon law better business bureau program and if you don’t believe all that I couldn’t care less Ford doesn’t care either I included a picture of the part that is needed to make the car run according to the Ford engineer that flew out there to see what’s wrong with the car they say the partial be in April 29 which is unacceptable in my opinion. I am proceeding to try to get the car bought back with California’s lemon law program. I am truly sorry you dont like my story.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My brand new Mustang Mach E doesn’t run!! E30A6EDF-2DBB-4A56-86D6-61C538BA646A
Ok, so as I stated either you wait for the car to be fixed or you get a lawyer. Yes it sucks, yes you were unlucky. Yes this a brand new car with limited parts available so wait times will be excessive, and with shortages of everything everywhere shit takes longer then usual. At this point you've pretty much done what you could except reach out via social media to Ford Execs and get a lawyer and stop paying. Unfortunately there isn't much anyone can do to help you, or even speed things up. They don't have the part, I hope I don't find myself in the same situation as you and I hope it gets resolved soon.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
To the OP, you don’t have to answer, but I’m curious - I’ve read through all the posts and I can’t figure out why you are in California with a car purchased, titled, and registered in California, but you are having the car repaired at a Ford dealer in Arizona? That seems ... inconvenient?

MUSTME

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SB
Occupation
Buisiness Development Leader
Country flag
I'm in Montreal Canada and last thursday April 8 was supposed to be the day my car was going to be delivered to me. That morning they realised that the charging Module was not functional.
They ordered the Module today and have no clue when it will arrive.

Christina

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Country flag
I bought it 2/17/21. It had 3 miles on it. I drove it home. 27 miles. Next day I loaded it on my trailer and took it to AZ. Drove it off trailer. After that it would not run. I had it towed to a Ford dealer in Casa Grande Az. Today is April 11, 2021. It’s still there it still isn’t fixed They replaced wiring harness and a big module. Now they say that they need a connection box. That part is supposed to be in on April 29. Lol. It has 30 miles on it. Apparently Ford has a buyback committee. I applied for a buyback. THEY TURNED ME DOWN. So I wait and wait and wait. Ridiculous customer service
So sorry you are dealing with this. Mine goes in to production next week and these are scary stories.

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
sucks, in CA lemon law is a car that has been in the shop for more than 30 days. Time for you to at-least threaten arbitration, lawyer.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
If you have decided that you don't want the car at this point regardless of whether or when Ford fixes it, go get a lawyer and start the process of lemon buyback. As others have mentioned above, the legal fees come out of Ford's pocket.

Assuming your situation is genuine, from the looks of your posts, you have suffered too much mentally already. Go have the lawyer deal with it so that you don't have to suffer from the process any more.

MrWerling

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e (2 weeks), Focus, GMC Sierra, Malibu
Occupation
Ford employee (MP&L)
Country flag
I bought it 2/17/21. It had 3 miles on it. I drove it home. 27 miles. Next day I loaded it on my trailer and took it to AZ. Drove it off trailer. After that it would not run. I had it towed to a Ford dealer in Casa Grande Az. Today is April 11, 2021. It’s still there it still isn’t fixed They replaced wiring harness and a big module. Now they say that they need a connection box. That part is supposed to be in on April 29. Lol. It has 30 miles on it. Apparently Ford has a buyback committee. I applied for a buyback. THEY TURNED ME DOWN. So I wait and wait and wait. Ridiculous customer service

bluestang35

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E,Jaguar Ipace, Ram 1500
Country flag
I noticed your occupation. Is this your personal vehicle or was it purchased for commercial purposes? The answer to that question might explain Ford's position, and would change your ? law options.
I agree that he is a leasing broker, buys the vehicles and then leases them out, taking the tax incentives.
He is stuck with an unhappy customer.
Just wait and Ford will take care of the repairs needed.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I noticed your occupation. Is this your personal vehicle or was it purchased for commercial purposes? The answer to that question might explain Ford's position, and would change your ? law options.
Good Catch

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Ok, now I’m really confused??? The OP is located in Montreal, Canada, bought, registered, and titled a car in California, USA, had it towed to Arizona, USA and it doesn’t work in Arizona, USA so he’s having it fixed there, and is yelling at the state of California and Ford Motor Company (US)?
Can someone please let me know what I’m missing here? I typically don’t buy, title, and register cars in Ottawa, trailer them to Vancouver, then try to manage their service from my home outside Philadelphia. Is this a millennial thing?
Sponsored