My brand new Mustang Mach E doesn’t run!!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ok, now I’m really confused??? The OP is located in Montreal, Canada, bought, registered, and titled a car in California, USA, had it towed to Arizona, USA and it doesn’t work in Arizona, USA so he’s having it fixed there, and is yelling at the state of California and Ford Motor Company (US)?
Can someone please let me know what I’m missing here? I typically don’t buy, title, and register cars in Ottawa, trailer them to Vancouver, then try to manage their service from my home outside Philadelphia. Is this a millennial thing?
I don't recall him saying anything about Montreal. From what we've been able to piece together, it appears that he bought the car in California (where he lives) and trailered it to Arizona, likely to lease to someone there.
Sponsored

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
I don't recall him saying anything about Montreal. From what we've been able to piece together, it appears that he bought the car in California (where he lives) and trailered it to Arizona, likely to lease to someone there.
Exactly right.

Hey guys, you have to usually read Post #1 in a thread, so you don't end up posting something silly, like Post # 60. :)

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Somebody has been smoking something. In any case we already determined he can't apply for lemon law since he's a leasing company which means he has no choice but to wait.

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The moon is made of cheese
Swiss or American? The Swiss don't have a space program, so it must be American cheese.

But seriously...
I think it is reasonable to question the motives of the OP, but in reality, this could happen to any early adopter. There are others posting in this forum with problems have been slow to resolve.

I have not ordered my MME yet, and now I am glad I am waiting. In the past I was an engineer supporting a manufacturing line and it is a fact that improvements to the design and process are continuous, each building on the earlier improvements. Which means number 10,000 will be of better quality than number 100. That is just something early adopters have to understand, and I know most here do understand that. Of course availability of parts expands the longer a model is in production, so any problem that needs a replacement part may take longer to resolve if you are one of the first to get the car.

The area of improvement seems to be with communication from Ford, especially with the early adopters who will be promoting or condemning their products. Poor communication from Ford has been a consistent theme here on this forum. I hope they get better, because consumer expectations are changing now that we are dealing more with the producers, and less with the re-sellers.

Last edited:

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Swiss or American? The Swiss don't have a space program, so it must be American cheese.

But seriously...
I think it is reasonable to question the motives of the OP, but in reality, this could happen to any early adopter. There are others posting in this forum with problems have been slow to resolve.

I have not ordered my MME yet, and now I am glad I am waiting. In the past I was an engineer supporting a manufacturing line and it is a fact that improvements to the design and process are continuous, each building on the earlier improvements. Which means number 10,000 will be of better quality than number 100. That is just something early adopters have to understand, and I know most here do understand that. Of course availability of parts expands the longer a model is in production, so any problem that needs a replacement part may take longer to resolve if you are one of the first to get the car.

The area of improvement seems to be with communication from Ford, especially with the early adopters who will be promoting or condemning their products. Poor communication from Ford has been a consistent theme here on this forum. I hope they get better, because consumer expectations are changing now that we are dealing more with the producers, and less with the re-sellers.
i needed a module that was not available. They authorized one from the production line. it took 2.5 weeks, but did arrive.. There is something more, they can get part from production line. 54 days immediately meets lemon law. I dont think Ford really has a choice other than accept it back. What would the Ford defense be? 30 working days out of service? Still meets even that one. it is only one repair? at 54 days i would already have sent a letter from lawyer and be on a conference call with Ford and my lawyer.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I haven't read through all the pages so maybe it came up already.....
So how does the lemon law work with the Federal and State incentives? I don't live in California but I think they offer incentives up front.....at least 2 different programs that I heard about. ?

jlamarca73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia
Occupation
Ct technologist
Country flag
Ok, now I’m really confused??? The OP is located in Montreal, Canada, bought, registered, and titled a car in California, USA, had it towed to Arizona, USA and it doesn’t work in Arizona, USA so he’s having it fixed there, and is yelling at the state of California and Ford Motor Company (US)?
Can someone please let me know what I’m missing here? I typically don’t buy, title, and register cars in Ottawa, trailer them to Vancouver, then try to manage their service from my home outside Philadelphia. Is this a millennial thing?
Worst post yet!

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Makes sense now. By towing it outside of CA, delivery was outside of CA. Think he was using tax system to his advantage, but when car stopped working, became very complicated for what he was trying to accomplish. I know he did not call ford and say want to return car under lemon of CA OR AZ and for said no, thank you for calling. There is way more to this story

OP
OP

Red34frd

First Name
arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
34 Ford 19 Mzb a 2021 toy mirai. 2020 Chev 3/4 p
Occupation
Owner Cars2Cars Leasing co.
Country flag
That VIN is missing a character......but it was pretty easy to figure out.
The part they are replacing isn't easy to get to and it's the type of item that doesn't usually fail. In fact, your car is the first one I have seen where the diagnostic tree led to the conclusion that part needs to be changed. It appears they have prepped the vehicle as best they could and are now waiting for the part to arrive. Will probably take a couple of days to assemble the car from that point. Then about a day to reprogram and test.

That is my conclusion based on what I have seen in the system.
There is another forum member here who's car has exhibited the same symptoms but his dealer was able to repair his car (prior to delivery) without replacing the component in question and so far the vehicle has functioned well.

A very uncommon situation for sure. Hang in there if you can.
What I don’t understand is the law in California where I reside and where the car is titled says if the car is in the shop 30 days the factory has to buy it back they refuse to buy it back so I am granny an attorney and we are going to sue the Ford motor company because I do not want this car whatsoever it’ll be 65 days before I get it back that is absolutely not acceptable and ridiculous

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
What I don’t understand is the law in California where I reside and where the car is titled says if the car is in the shop 30 days the factory has to buy it back they refuse to buy it back so I am granny an attorney and we are going to sue the Ford motor company because I do not want this car whatsoever it’ll be 65 days before I get it back that is absolutely not acceptable and ridiculous
Also says a reasonable number of repair attempts have been performed. You are still on your first attempt. Still a sucky situation for sure. I hope it works out for you sooner than later.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
http://thelemonlawcalifornia.com/lemon-law-2/ca-lemon-law-statute/

There are a boatload of reasons why Ford, or any other manufacturer, might not have to buy the car back.

jlamarca73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia
Occupation
Ct technologist
Country flag
Why? My question was sincere. It seems strange
It's your millennial quote. What you said is a massive stereotype for your age group. Does that mean all boomers are out of touch and grumpy?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It's your millennial quote. What you said is a massive stereotype for your age group. Does that mean all boomers are out of touch and grumpy?
Hmmmm... my “millennial quote”? Ok boomer ?
I’m actually trying to think of what a “typical quote” for “my generation” might be? Maybe “Greed is good”? “Party on Garth?” I’m really bad at cultural references. I spent too much time in graduate school collecting ultimately useless degrees, and drinking with college buddies on weekends.
Sponsored