rogerq23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Country flag
My car arrived. I set a meeting for today, Friday, to go check it out and see if I take it home.
They called me in the morning and left me voicemails. Due to work, I didn’t check my phone at all.

I finished work for the day and went to the dealership. They told me that they were reaching out to tell me not to come because the car had some issues charging it and they couldn’t charge it and also update the software. And told me to come back next Monday.

I asked to test drive a rear wheel drive so I can get a feel of it. The sales rep backed up my reserved car and we turned it on. The main screen was completely black but the odometer was on. So I couldn’t drive it. He said the screen is black cuz they are “conserving energy”

My question is, is the car okay? Should I be concerned that it cannot be charged or that they couldn’t solve the issue from the day that I booked my appointment till now (3days) and still need the whole weekend to solve it?

Is this a lemon car? Let’s imagine if I took it home. I cannot charge it and do a software update that adds lots of uncertainty. Should I reject the car?Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My car arrived. I set a meeting for today, Friday, to go check it out and see if I take it home.
They called me in the morning and left me voicemails. Due to work, I didn’t check my phone at all.

I finished work for the day and went to the dealership. They told me that they were reaching out to tell me not to come because the car had some issues charging it and they couldn’t charge it and also update the software. And told me to come back next Monday.

I asked to test drive a rear wheel drive so I can get a feel of it. The sales rep backed up my reserved car and we turned it on. The main screen was completely black but the odometer was on. So I couldn’t drive it. He said the screen is black cuz they are “conserving energy”

My question is, is the car okay? Should I be concerned that it cannot be charged or that they couldn’t solve the issue from the day that I booked my appointment till now (3days) and still need the whole weekend to solve it?

Is this a lemon car? Let’s imagine if I took it home. I cannot charge it and do a software update that adds lots of uncertainty. Should I reject the car?Any thoughts?
Hopefully they took it out of transport mode which I will guess yes. Mine came in with an ABS problem, it was resolved by the dealer that day. Turned out to be a lose cable etc.

There is no such thing as a lemon MME, whatever is wrong will be resolved. The car is very modular in nature period. All parts are replaceable and everything is monitored, since the MME is new the service tech's need handholding from Ford etc.

Congrats and welcome to the family!

Lion1730

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Ext Range
Country flag
Very similar experience. When I went to dealership they showed me the car and it was connected to their fast charger. I went inside to do all the purchase paperwork and when finished went out to drive my car home. It hadn’t charged -stuck at 60%. We tried the cars mobile charger on 120 and 240 outlets - nothing. The charging appears to start but immediately shuts down. They’ve had the car for over a week now. Saying it’s a software problem and a wire problem. I’m not optimistic this will get resolved soon. The dealership doesn’t have an expert on staff.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I’m glad you are still back on this thread though. Also, if you didn’t read it, how do you know it was a click bait? ? you need to know the content to say so....
I know it was click bait because you didn’t tell us what it was about in the thread title. You were clear that the important thing was not going to be shared until the click. Therefore, your post is clickbait.

Look, I’m not trying to be a jerk here. This is a GREAT forum with thousands of threads and some really great wisdom indexed by the thread titles. A vacuous thread title does not assist the forum in understanding what your issue is unless they click and then read your post. Which could very well be a waste of time.

If you want to add to the knowledge base here, or if you want to take advantage of the knowledge base here, do yourself the favor of making a descriptive thread title that invites the response you seek.

Try it out. Post the same thing but with a descriptive title. You’ll get more and better responses.

OP
OP

rogerq23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Country flag
I know it was click bait because you didn’t tell us what it was about in the thread title. You were clear that the important thing was not going to be shared until the click. Therefore, your post is clickbait.

Look, I’m not trying to be a jerk here. This is a GREAT forum with thousands of threads and some really great wisdom indexed by the thread titles. A vacuous thread title does not assist the forum in understanding what your issue is unless they click and then read your post. Which could very well be a waste of time.

If you want to add to the knowledge base here, or if you want to take advantage of the knowledge base here, do yourself the favor of making a descriptive thread title that invites the response you seek.

Try it out. Post the same thing but with a descriptive title. You’ll get more and better responses.
Changed, I hope you are now pleased. There is also advance search that you can search topics and etc. Not only tittles. But I see your point. ??

OP
OP

rogerq23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Country flag
The dealership called me and said the charge port is defective and they need to have it changed and no ETA.
Sponsored