Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, I was thinking of your post. The problem is that TUD has “Grabber Blue” and not “Grabber Blue Metallic.” I have a set of bottles (color and clear) from them for my little rock chips and it works fine since they’re small pinpoints, but it has no metal flake in it. That might look a little weird, the metal flake just disappearing on the left side of the bumper. 🤷‍♂️🐩
I hope your comprehensive insurance coverage is good. We have $100 deductible comprehensive from GEICO and just used it about three weeks ago when my wife's Miata top was slashed when someone tried (unsuccessfully) to steal it. Then yesterday this happened. The guy in the truck that hit her didn't even see her car. I was in the passenger seat but luckily I'm fine. Surprisingly the interior of the car looks like nothing happened. We're just hoping GEICO doesn't total the car!

EDIT: The estimate is about 1/2 the value of the car, and GEICO is paying for the repair and not totaling the car! Whew! (Sure is a good thing the value of this 25 year old car that my wife absolutely loves has about doubled in the past couple years!)
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Car Got Customized 😕 IMG_5075
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I agree. That was the whole point of my original post of why I respect Tesla's Sentry cameras so much.
But they don't prevent anything; you just get to watch your baby get banged up with sentry. At a cost of a mile per hour energy usage (the car never sleeps with sentry on).

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I hope your comprehensive insurance coverage is good. We have $100 deductible comprehensive from GEICO and just used it about three weeks ago when my wife's Miata top was slashed when someone tried (unsuccessfully) to steal it. Then yesterday this happened. The guy in the truck that hit her didn't even see her car. I was in the passenger seat but luckily I'm fine. Surprisingly the interior of the car looks like nothing happened. We're just hoping GEICO doesn't total the car!
IMG_5075.jpeg
My deductible is $500, so it may be worth the insurance claim. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Bummer on the Mazda. If the interior doesn’t look like anything happened, I am supposing it’s got brown upholstery. 😱🐩

EDIT: I probably would have made a rather fragrant colorful addition to the interior. 😱🐩

Last edited:

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
If the interior doesn’t look like anything happened, I am supposing it’s got brown upholstery. 😱🐩
LOL - I'll admit it was just a tad terrifying watching the truck come towards me...

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
If nothing else, having video evidence that you did not do the damage would make it difficult for the insurance company to make it your fault.

And that would affect your premium in your favor.
I think it affects your premium regardless of fault.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Yeah, I was thinking of your post. The problem is that TUD has “Grabber Blue” and not “Grabber Blue Metallic.” I have a set of bottles (color and clear) from them for my little rock chips and it works fine since they’re small pinpoints, but it has no metal flake in it. That might look a little weird, the metal flake just disappearing on the left side of the bumper. 🤷‍♂️🐩
I would suggest contacting touch up direct to see if they have added the exact color paint code. I was surprised they had my exact match since infinite blue is not even offered anymore but there you go

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
And it certainly affects your pocketbook if you have anything other than zero deductible. That is why I decided to attempt my own paint

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Heading home after the software update for the recall, I stopped off at the grocery store for a few items. I parked as I normally do, as far away from the entrance as possible and not near other cars. There was a PG&E truck a couple of spaces over but nothing else. I popped the frunk and threw my groceries in and went home after I finished shopping. When I got home and went to plug the car in I found these gouges in my front bumper. 😕🤬🐩

Bummer. Just venting. Gr-rrr! 🤬🐩
Where did it happen at the garage getting the recall or the store? Do you know.

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
But they don't prevent anything; you just get to watch your baby get banged up with sentry. At a cost of a mile per hour energy usage (the car never sleeps with sentry on).
But if it catches the offender's registration tag, you have something to work with. It worked for me getting my hit and run damage repaired in full by someone who hit my parked car in a parking garage, and then left a phoney note. I didn't have sentry, but cameras in the garage got it. Sentry is not a guarantee, but it definitely can't hurt. Also helps you with motor vehicle crashes if the other driver is not telling the truth. My dash cam saved me another time with that. So two hit and runs, and both times camera footage saved me from spending a dime on repairs.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That does suck. I second that sentry mode would be great. I installed front and rear cameras, so I hope that something like this would get captured. Getting the police to help you is probably not realistic so tracking them down is the hard part. Not sure if insurance companies help out too. I think the time spent finding the person is more expensive than just paying the claim. It is like credit card companies. They just write off the theft and do not really go after the small-time thieves.

At least they did not leave the old fake note on the windscreen, which is more insulting. With the internet, you hear about people hitting cars, people are watching them, and they go over and write a fake note, instead of a real note (e.g. I hit your car and here is my information).

This happened to me in the past and someone else saw and left the note with the license plate of the car. They even wrote that they would be happy to be a witness.

If you're watching and wanted to help, you can always make sure the correct license plate is also mentioned in the note. With the license plate alone, your insurance company (mine did) can probably go after the other party (this was a long time ago in CA).

Last edited:

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

I think it really depends on insurer, probably past history and some states are no fault (Hawaii I think) where everyone just covers their own claim.

I once rented a moving truck and hit a parked car at Ikea whose owner happened to be covered by my insurance as well. My rates didn't go up at all. I thought it would for sure. I don't think I even paid any deductable or penalty (maybe other owner did, I'm assuming not since not their fault and CA is a fault state).

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Where did it happen at the garage getting the recall or the store? Do you know.
My friend @scoopman let me use his equipment and network to upgrade my car. Car was fine then. It happened at the store. There wer no other cars parked near mine (at leat two empty spots between my car and the nearest vehicle). 😕🐩

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Sorry to see this happened. I hate how some people will still park right next to you even if you park away from everyone else with lots more convenient spots than those anywhere near you.

I could never figure it out, my guess is some people want to use another car to help guide them into a spot.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
But if it catches the offender's registration tag, you have something to work with. It worked for me getting my hit and run damage repaired in full by someone who hit my parked car in a parking garage, and then left a phoney note. I didn't have sentry, but cameras in the garage got it. Sentry is not a guarantee, but it definitely can't hurt. Also helps you with motor vehicle crashes if the other driver is not telling the truth. My dash cam saved me another time with that. So two hit and runs, and both times camera footage saved me from spending a dime on repairs.
Yeah it could help.

Unfortunately for us, most of our cameras face the ground.

You could catch the shoes of someone who vandalized your car or the wheels of the car that hit you.
Sponsored