First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
…on the seatbelt warning graphic.
Interestingly, only one instrument cluster though, on the right hand side. The shifter layout is also for RHD. 🤔
Ford Mustang Mach-E My car has 2 steering wheels! 9B3CE8A9-5B2A-4218-A5A0-C672BE0DC76C
Ford Mustang Mach-E My car has 2 steering wheels! D29DB328-3672-405D-A7F9-4FA14FAF30B9

An update: in the daytime my second steering wheel retracts and the instrument cluster moves. How convenient!! Still has the RHD shifter though.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My car has 2 steering wheels! D0475B4D-6D6A-4513-9F51-BA6ED03CD50A

Last edited:

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
It's been like this since I got the car (March 2021). It's like they tried to make some kind of dynamic graphic that would be switchable for the cars built with the steering wheel on the wrong side...

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's been like this since I got the car (March 2021). It's like they tried to make some kind of dynamic graphic that would be switchable for the cars built with the steering wheel on the wrong side...
I figured this was a day 1 graphic. I just didn’t see it often enough to notice until recently when my daughter moved from a car seat to a booster.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I figured this was a day 1 graphic. I just didn’t see it often enough to notice until recently when my daughter moved from a car seat to a booster.
We have two in boosters, and they are able to detach themselves, so I see it all the time.
I am fine with the seatbelt warning as that is something you likely want to know about.

But the "Warning check rear seats for occupants" one when powering off.... Like what kind of parent needs a visual alert their kid is in the backseat? Fortunately, there is a setting to turn that one off.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We have two in boosters, and they are able to detach themselves, so I see it all the time.
I am fine with the seatbelt warning as that is something you likely want to know about.

But the "Warning check rear seats for occupants" one when powering off.... Like what kind of parent needs a visual alert their kid is in the backseat? Fortunately, there is a setting to turn that one off.
Yeah I agree, and I also have that turned off. I think it’s more for new parents who may be sleep deprived.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

you'd be shockingly surprised, some real sad stories behind this alert :(

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag

With kids in boosters, they'll yell if you forget them. But for the youngest kids and their parents, this warning is very important. https://www.consumerreports.org/car...-hot-car-forgotten-baby-syndrome-a3901940661/

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Very sadly, there have been too many instances of “parents” forgetting that they left their spawn in their vehicles while they went to the local bar/crack den/shooting range/whatever 😡
This is why we should institute mandatory licensing before we allow people to reproduce. That way we won’t need systems like this.
Note: I would fail such a test miserably. On the other hand, I have no children, nor would I ever dare to subject any children to my “parenting”

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ive heard them, I work in news. People assume the parents are just negligent (not saying anyone here does), but most of the time they are just sleep deprived zombies and they are devastated when they realize their mistake. It’s heartbreaking.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Very sadly, there have been too many instances of “parents” forgetting that they left their spawn in their vehicles while they went to the local bar/crack den/shooting range/whatever 😡
This is why we should institute mandatory licensing before we allow people to reproduce. That way we won’t need systems like this.
Note: I would fail such a test miserably. On the other hand, I have no children, nor would I ever dare to subject any children to my “parenting”
Joking aside, in all seriousness this can happen to any parent and is more related to the science of how our brains work -- see the link to the article I posted above.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Absolutely. Anyone, seriously, don't kid yourselves, ANYONE can have a bad and excruciating day when younwould make the most terrible mistake. And one mistake of this kind in one too many.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I got this display for the first time today. Went to lunch with the sisters and dropped them off without turning car off. Once I turned the car off and back on it went away. Been 9 months and still a learning experience!! Still can get back my carplay wireless :-(

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I got this display for the first time today. Went to lunch with the sisters and dropped them off without turning car off. Once I turned the car off and back on it went away. Been 9 months and still a learning experience!!
Just so you know, you can dismiss it by hitting the OK button on the steering wheel. You don’t need to restart the car.