S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So I have been overdoing it a little. Even my Mach E recognizes this. I feel so pampered that it told me to get some rest. ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E My car just told me I looked tired 1615138037187
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Haha. Ford's have had this for a while. It uses several sensors to tell if you need a break. Sudden slowing down, the car coming close to the lane lines more often and I think a few others. after a while it starts telling you to take a break.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
So I have been overdoing it a little. Even my Mach E recognizes this. I feel so pampered that it told me to get some rest. ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E My car just told me I looked tired 1615138037187
Yep. Need to stop driving around 25X8 and get some sleep:)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Haha. Ford's have had this for a while. It uses several sensors to tell if you need a break. Sudden slowing down, the car coming close to the lane lines more often and I think a few others. after a while it starts telling you to take a break.
yeah, there's even a way to get the left hand display on a typical (non-Mach-E) Ford dash to show a little picture of how it thinks you are doing on this, from 1 to 6 "pull over now you're gonna kill yourself" units (*).

(*) this is not what they call it

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hmm. I think my car knows I'm just a bad driver as I've never seen this and I'm sure I commit those sins on a regular basis ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
yeah, there's even a way to get the left hand display on a typical (non-Mach-E) Ford dash to show a little picture of how it thinks you are doing on this, from 1 to 6 "pull over now you're gonna kill yourself" units (*).

(*) this is not what they call it
here's a terrible picture of what this looks like on my 2013 Fusion - terrible because the car was in motion at the time. (The display isn't available if the car is under a certain speed.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E My car just told me I looked tired 1615299647734

OP
OP
S.B.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
here's a terrible picture of what this looks like on my 2013 Fusion - terrible because the car was in motion at the time. (The display isn't available if the car is under a certain speed.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E My car just told me I looked tired 1615299647734
What is that symbol on the right? It looks like a cup of coffee. How nice of the vehicle to offer. I hope it knows, I only drink the good stuff from Kona, though. ?

• Haha
Reactions: ARK

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
What is that symbol on the right? It looks like a cup of coffee. How nice of the vehicle to offer. I hope it knows, I only drink the good stuff from Kona, though. ?
Wait what?!!!! Did I miss the glovebox Nespresso Machine option?!!!!!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
it is in fact a cup of coffee... the warning dialogs use a cup of coffee icon as well. it's very cute.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Wait what?!!!! Did I miss the glovebox Nespresso Machine option?!!!!!
it's a Keurig in the US. Only the Mondeo got the Nespresso. Different markets, different options.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it's a Keurig in the US. Only the Mondeo got the Nespresso. Different markets, different options.
Oh in that case never mind. Nespresso or nothing. But seriously, you’d think it’d be Nespresso on a car at this price point. ;)

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wouldn't touch a Nestle product if you paid me at this point. Seriously...&%^$ them and &$^% their CEO.

https://www.zmescience.com/science/nestle-company-pollution-children/

an excerpt for the lazy:

At the second World Water Forum in 2000, Nestle pushed for making access to drinking water from a “right” to a “need,” a defining change. Meanwhile, Nestle drains the aquifers it controls as much as possible, without any regards to sustainable usage or environmental concerns. A recent case is the California drought – an issue without precedent in the past 1,200 years. But Nestle doesn’t care. Even as Starbucks recently announced they would transfer their Ethos water bottling facility from California to Pennsylvania, Nestle CEO Tim Brown said: “Absolutely not. In fact, if I could increase [water bottling operations], I would.”

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Oh in that case never mind. Nespresso or nothing. But seriously, you’d think it’d be Nespresso on a car at this price point. ;)
"Ford should have included two Nespresso machines at this price point... the Starbucks app on a phone just isn't reliable enough as a replacement for the second one, especially when it needs cell service. I bought a second coffee machine at CarCoffeeMachines.com but now I have to go to the dealer or a local roaster with special OEM hardware to program it. That sucks!"

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wouldn't touch a Nestle product if you paid me at this point. Seriously...&%^$ them and &$^% their CEO.

https://www.zmescience.com/science/nestle-company-pollution-children/

an excerpt for the lazy:

At the second World Water Forum in 2000, Nestle pushed for making access to drinking water from a “right” to a “need,” a defining change. Meanwhile, Nestle drains the aquifers it controls as much as possible, without any regards to sustainable usage or environmental concerns. A recent case is the California drought – an issue without precedent in the past 1,200 years. But Nestle doesn’t care. Even as Starbucks recently announced they would transfer their Ethos water bottling facility from California to Pennsylvania, Nestle CEO Tim Brown said: “Absolutely not. In fact, if I could increase [water bottling operations], I would.”
There’s very little different about Nestle or their CEO than many major international conglomerates. Their coffee machines make good and extremely consistent coffee and they purchase a lot of Kona from small growers here at fair prices. Their chocolate sucks though, both for eating and baking.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
If you keep driving like crap it'll tell you "Rest now" in red and ding a bunch. I've set it off by not paying attention before. They've done this since like 2011 or 2013 on several cars. It really is just based on the lane assist camera as far as I can tell.
Sponsored