First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
No it’s not a mileage drop, promise.

Whenever I plug in my Mach-E GT, no matter where, it ignores my schedule settings. Just all the way up to 100. I’ve re-added my home charger, played with the settings, made sure it was set to follow the charge schedule.

Last night at home I set it to 60% from midnight to 9am, got an alert when it got to 60%. Thought it had finally fixed itself. But I got in the car this morning, still at 100%. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had the problem of no charging schedule for the first 4.5 months I owned the vehicle in Feb 2021. It turned out to be a faulty SOBDMC module. Once replaced has worked flawlessly. The main problem was convincing them it did not work. Need to bring it in to service to see if they can get it to work there to start. May not be your problem but could be.

Edit:

set it up on the car screen take the app out of the loop. You can read it there later.

ensure “use preferred charging times” is on.

ensure your location is there. and selected. Delete and try a second time.

there are 2 settings one for weekdays and one for weekends that need to be set.

That’s about all you can do then the magic.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

Whenever I plug in my Mach-E GT, no matter where, it ignores my schedule settings. Just all the way up to 100. I’ve re-added my home charger, played with the settings, made sure it was set to follow the charge schedule.

Last night at home I set it to 60% from midnight to 9am, got an alert when it got to 60%. Thought it had finally fixed itself. But I got in the car this morning, still at 100%. Any ideas?
It sounds like you’ve already checked this, but just to make sure, do you have it set to “Use preferred charge settings” and not “Charge when plugged in”?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Some of the recent updates have broken preferred charge settings. I think what others have done is delete the saved location, and then set it up again. I had the problem also but all I did was flip my HOME location to "Charge when plugged in", did one charge to 100%, and then flipped it back to "Use preferred charge settings" and it started working again.

I would try playing around with those settings a few more times, but if you still can't get it to work, Shayne's recommendation makes sense. As he said, this will be hard for the dealer to confirm, because you will need a saved location at the dealer, and a battery that needs to be charged to a target below 100%. Definitely doable, but I can see why it is hard for the dealer to troubleshoot it.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Some of the recent updates have broken preferred charge settings. I think what others have done is delete the saved location, and then set it up again. I had the problem also but all I did was flip my HOME location to "Charge when plugged in", did one charge to 100%, and then flipped it back to "Use preferred charge settings" and it started working again.

I would try playing around with those settings a few more times, but if you still can't get it to work, Shayne's recommendation makes sense. As he said, this will be hard for the dealer to confirm, because you will need a saved location at the dealer, and a battery that needs to be charged to a target below 100%. Definitely doable, but I can see why it is hard for the dealer to troubleshoot it.
Sorry thought my edit above was prior to new posts. You guys are quick in the morning. Needs to be reproduced if they are sure it is not working and the dealer is most likely the best place. My saved location is my service address. First vehicle that they fill up when in 😉

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Just so we’re clear. When you re-added home charger, played with the settings you did this on the sync screen in the car? You need to only setup your charging location and settings in the car, do not do the setup within FordPass. That should help.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just so we’re clear. When you re-added home charger, played with the settings you did this on the sync screen in the car? You need to only setup your charging location and settings in the car, do not touch FordPass. That should help.
It takes it out of the loop for troubleshooting but you should be able to use the app when all is working right? Think I have tested it and it works but a bit gun shy now and just use sync. Have 3.5 not 3.6 and not a glitch with charging or the schedule to date.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Maybe the factory installed a SR battery in your car and charging to 60% is really 100%! Joking! 😅

A few thoughts - check your map of where your car thinks it is, I believe you can do this in FordPass, it could be thinking your car is in Qatar for the World Cup therefore not using your charging settings. A 12V battery unplug might reset the GPS module maybe? I don’t know if another way to reset that or troubleshoot.

Also, turning off all communications in the vehicle then going back in to turn them all on could help with it potentially.

Perrin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf 2012
Country flag
I had this problem with my 2021 mach e. Had it to one dealer twice with no fix. Tried another dealer and they kept it for a week but corrected the problem. It can be fixed.
Sponsored