My crapty Toyota Corolla rental has BlueCruise

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My 2021 Mach E is back in the shop, this time for the Front Camera Crapout repair (off topic, I'm surprised my warranty repairs alone are not a separate line item on Ford's latest financials), and the dealer generously arranged for a rental car. Enterprise gave me a crapty Toyota Corolla, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it also has a "magic button" which provides Hands-On BlueCruise! Adaptive Cruise Control, Speed Limit Recognition, Lane Centering, it's all here. Hmmm...
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
My 2021 Mach E is back in the shop, this time for the Front Camera Crapout repair (off topic, I'm surprised my warranty repairs alone are not a separate line item on Ford's latest financials), and the dealer generously arranged for a rental car. Enterprise gave me a crapty Toyota Corolla, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it also has a "magic button" which provides Hands-On BlueCruise! Adaptive Cruise Control, Speed Limit Recognition, Lane Centering, it's all here. Hmmm...
Except it doesn’t…….

Only thing that makes it “Bluecruise” is hands free.

But yeah, lots of manufacturers have some version of hands on steering assist.

“Hands free” is somewhat special.

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
All those features on Lexus vehicles are just "neat" so I would imagine the same on a Corolla leave much to be desired.

Also there is nothing "crapty" about a Corolla. Solid cars for years now.

Last edited:

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Except it doesn’t…….

Only thing that makes it “Bluecruise” is hands free.

But yeah, lots of manufacturers have some version of hands on steering assist.

“Hands free” is somewhat special.
in OP's defense, ford re-branded the hands-on version of cruise control as "blue cruise" too

but yes, the special part seems to be the hands free part. i don't know if it's worth $800/year special to not touch the wheel but that's a different thread :D

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I had a RAV4 with lane departure prevention whatever it was called at that time. It did not work quite well. I went to the dealership and I was told nothing was wrong. It performed just like another car. That was my last Toyota (Sayonara). Have you tried using the ACC? Please share your experience.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
No, it does not. It has Toyota’s implementations of full range adaptive cruise control, lane centering assist, and either speed limits as part of their mapping data or speed sign recognition.
“BlueCruise” is a Ford name for a suite of driver assistance technologies.

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
No, it does not. It has Toyota’s implementations of full range adaptive cruise control, lane centering assist, and either speed limits as part of their mapping data or speed sign recognition.
@Jimrpa, thanks to Ford and lack of parts my car has been in the shop for over 3 weeks. I was surprised to find the rental Golf and Hyundai Sentra have very good ADAS. These things center on road very well, auto brake and read road signs etc. The Sentra I drive can be engaged with LCA independent of cruise so even on back roads in windy PA roads this thing works.

I drove the Lexus NX LSS+3.0 to PA state college and back all uphill and windy their LCA worked well. Looks like all automakers have caught up with ADAS.

I loved using the Fords Bluecruise. I drove stress free from SC to PA except in VA where I had phantom braking.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
@Jimrpa, thanks to Ford and lack of parts my car has been in the shop for over 3 weeks. I was surprised to find the rental Golf and Hyundai Sentra have very good ADAS. These things center on road very well, auto brake and read road signs etc. The Sentra I drive can be engaged with LCA independent of cruise so even on back roads in windy PA roads this thing works.

I drove the Lexus NX LSS+3.0 to PA state college and back all uphill and windy their LCA worked well. Looks like all automakers have caught up with ADAS.

I loved using the Fords Bluecruise. I drove stress free from SC to PA except in VA where I had phantom braking.
Oh man, sorry to hear that your car has been out of commission for so long. A buddy of mine was without his Ranger for over a month after a stupid accident that wasn’t his fault.
I don’t know the deal with these ADAS systems, but I suspect that the bits and pieces (like lane centering assist and adaptive cruise control) are pretty much commodity items they source from 3rd parties like Siemens?

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I dunno. This sure looks like Hands-On BlueCruise to me. Still no electronic frunk release tho.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I dunno. This sure looks like Hands-On BlueCruise to me. Still no electronic frunk release tho.
Poor Jim. He’s the frunk of all jokes. 🤪🐩

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
All those features on Lexus vehicles are just "neat" so I would imagine the same on a Corolla leave much to be desired.

Also there is nothing "crapty" about a Corolla. Solid cars for years now.
Just had a new one as a rental, noticeable difference in the quality of materials and build quality when compared to the MME. Even the doors sound like a cheap tin can when you close them.

Whenever I get Toyotas as a rental I ask how can they sell so many cars

Last edited: