My crapty Toyota Corolla rental has BlueCruise

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Just had a new one as a rental, noticeable difference in the quality of materials and build quality when compared to the MME. Even the doors sound like a cheap tin can when you close them.

Whenever I get Toyotas as a rental I ask how can they sell so many cars
The Corolla starts around $20k so maybe have $20k expectatoins. They don't break and if they do toyota dealer/manufacturer support is head and shoulders above the domestics.

And yes this is the hill I choose to die on today
Sponsored

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The rental I had was a Corolla SE there actually $25k or so. The rental I had a few weeks earlier was a Hyundai Elantra honestly the build quality of the Hyundai was far superior.

I don't disagree with you on expectations Toyotas are basic transportation people buy them because they have the reputation of just running and not having any problems.

From a different perspective One of my friends has a hybrid Maverick that he paid about 25k for that is so much nicer than the Hyundai or the Toyota.

Even for 25k I think people can do better

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Well and despite what is said earlier, BlueCruise is hands-free, so I don't even know what OP is talking about. Adaptive Cruise/Lane Centering is on a good number of vehicles, although it's more common as lane-keeping, which is less than ideal.

If you get a 302a XLT F-150, you can't get BlueCruise in any name, you still get lane centering and adaptive cruise. BlueCruise is only an option on 502a Lariat and higher, which is hands-free.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Well and despite what is said earlier, BlueCruise is hands-free, so I don't even know what OP is talking about.
You’re clearly wrong, though.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Just had a new one as a rental, noticeable difference in the quality of materials and build quality when compared to the MME. Even the doors sound like a cheap tin can when you close them.

Whenever I get Toyotas as a rental I ask how can they sell so many cars
Sadly my $60k+ RX450H has that same hollow door sound. My 08 didn't, my 22, is a tin can. I had to dynamat the thing in order to keep from clenching my teeth every time the door closed.

hprose

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250 and a Mach-e on order
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I dunno. This sure looks like Hands-On BlueCruise to me. Still no electronic frunk release tho.
There is no such thing as hands on Blue Cruise. BC is hands off. Hands on is adaptive cruise control plus lane centering which work very nicely on an MME where BC is not available. If I keep my hands lightly on the wheel I get the same steering assist as in BC. I am always ready to step in just as I am in BC. With all forms of lane centering you can change lanes. They are warnings not preventers. Adaptive cruise and lane centering have been around for a very long time on most vehicles as has blind spot recognition. If you pay for it they can put almost everything on almost any car. My 2017 Volt had all that as does my daughters 2017 Escape.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Poor Jim. He’s the frunk of all jokes. 🤪🐩
Ford might have Jim F for their front man,
We've got @Jimrpa as our Frunk man on issues that really matter.

Coming to my car with both hands full wanting to put multiple items in my frunk. I immediately thought of Jimrpa also a swear word, but the swear word was for the other Jim.
Oops #anotherfrunkdiversioninathread

buddy3210

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, 2022 F350, 2017 F150, 2001 F250, 11 DTS
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
My 2021 Mach E is back in the shop, this time for the Front Camera Crapout repair (off topic, I'm surprised my warranty repairs alone are not a separate line item on Ford's latest financials), and the dealer generously arranged for a rental car. Enterprise gave me a crapty Toyota Corolla, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it also has a "magic button" which provides Hands-On BlueCruise! Adaptive Cruise Control, Speed Limit Recognition, Lane Centering, it's all here. Hmmm...
Got a corolla when the mustang was in for the HVBJB repair. Had all the right stuff so took the weight off the mustang and it worked the same, hands-free. Not near as accurate as the mustang and much more unpredictable. Fine for a quiet open road, but you had to be ready.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I've never used BC as my car doesn't have it. (I hope to finally get it next week after my dealer appointment.) The hands-on driving assist works fine, and I believe after getting BC the only change will be the addition of hands-free capability (when available on BC-recognized roads).

If/when I decide NOT to renew BC, I expect the only thing that will go away is hands-free, since I've had everything else since I got the car, and I believe the driver assist features I currently have were included with the vehicle and don't require any subscription, since I haven't been paying for them.

The above, coupled with the fact that Ford very clearly identifies BC as hands-free on its website, indicates to me just as clearly that BC = hands-free.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Sadly my $60k+ RX450H has that same hollow door sound. My 08 didn't, my 22, is a tin can. I had to dynamat the thing in order to keep from clenching my teeth every time the door closed.
That’s ok. Just keep reminding yourself that you paid more than $60K for legendary Lexus design.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Got a corolla when the mustang was in for the HVBJB repair. Had all the right stuff so took the weight off the mustang and it worked the same, hands-free. Not near as accurate as the mustang and much more unpredictable. Fine for a quiet open road, but you had to be ready.
Weight?
Sponsored