Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Ford might have Jim F for their front man,
We've got @Jimrpa as our Frunk man on issues that really matter.

Coming to my car with both hands full wanting to put multiple items in my frunk. I immediately thought of Jimrpa also a swear word, but the swear word was for the other Jim.
Oops #anotherfrunkdiversioninathread
Well, if ford would just implement a handsfree frunk release to go along with the handsfree tailgate release, you’d be able to open your frunk with a kick.
Oh, wait - Ford took away the hands free tailgate from us after they saw how few Mustang Mach E owners were coordinated enough to master a simple kick.
Nevermind 😀😀😀😀
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It's a type of object some drivers employ when they're confident in their predictions about what their vehicles are going to do next, and that they're smarter than the automotive engineers who designed the machine for an attentive and actively in-control driver.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It's a type of object some drivers employ when they're confident in their predictions about what their vehicles are going to do next, and that they're smarter than the automotive engineers who designed the machine for an attentive and actively in-control driver.
Oh! I thought only Tesla morons (I mean “drivers”) were that dumb. 😞

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I've never used BC as my car doesn't have it. (I hope to finally get it next week after my dealer appointment.) The hands-on driving assist works fine, and I believe after getting BC the only change will be the addition of hands-free capability (when available on BC-recognized roads).

If/when I decide NOT to renew BC, I expect the only thing that will go away is hands-free, since I've had everything else since I got the car, and I believe the driver assist features I currently have were included with the vehicle and don't require any subscription, since I haven't been paying for them.

The above, coupled with the fact that Ford very clearly identifies BC as hands-free on its website, indicates to me just as clearly that BC = hands-free.
You’re free to decide that is the case. In the car however, when you engage the system on a non divided controlled access road or a non surveyed road the car will engage in a hands on mode and it tells you you’re in BlueCruise and to keep your hands on the wheel. The eye nanny is also active. The car will no longer uses the terminology of adaptive or intelligent cruise control after the update. Hence the discussion.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
A 3lb exercise weight on the steering wheel makes any vehicle with lane keep assist hands free. There's people disabling the hands free portion entirely and thus disabling the CMR since it's prone to false complaints due to partial camera obstruction -- it's a single forscan bit flip for those interested. I'm probably going to go this route soon since the system complains about where I want my hand on the wheel too much.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
A 3lb exercise weight on the steering wheel makes any vehicle with lane keep assist hands free. There's people disabling the hands free portion entirely and thus disabling the CMR since it's prone to false complaints due to partial camera obstruction -- it's a single forscan bit flip for those interested. I'm probably going to go this route soon since the system complains about where I want my hand on the wheel too much.
You could put a brick on the gas pedal of any car without cruise control to create your own cruise control too!

It’s about as wise as the weight on the steering wheel.

Just ask this guy-

https://www.businessinsider.com/tes...ar-reached-70-mph-autopilot-times-2022-12?amp

Last edited:

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Whether you bypass the hand nanny using a $5 ankle weight, or an $800 annual subscription to Ford, you still have to keep your eyes on the road. The subscription does not make Lane Centering any more accurate.

The fact that some people might be stupid enough to use the ankle weight to bypass the hand nanny and not watch the road does not make other people stupid for saving $800 while watching the road.

Some folks just want to virtue signal. It is the internet, after all.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Sigh… this is why we can’t have nice things. I’m not “virtue-signaling” or any thing similar here. All we need are a couple of unfortunate incidents (for example, a person implementing full-self-driving on their 1996 Fiesta using a brick versus a school bus full of paraplegic orphans on their way to volunteer at the no-kill animal shelter), and you can bet your last Homer Simpson donut that the government will definitely “think of the children” and regulate the properly used technology out of existence for us “normal” drivers. 😞

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sigh… this is why we can’t have nice things. I’m not “virtue-signaling” or any thing similar here. All we need are a couple of unfortunate incidents (for example, a person implementing full-self-driving on their 1996 Fiesta using a brick versus a school bus full of paraplegic orphans on their way to volunteer at the no-kill animal shelter), and you can bet your last Homer Simpson donut that the government will definitely “think of the children” and regulate the properly used technology out of existence for us “normal” drivers. 😞
That hasn’t happened in the 70+ years we’ve had cruise control, has it? Also comparing a torque sensor bypass to a brick on the go-pedal seems like a stretch.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
You’re clearly wrong, though.
You need to clearly provide evidence how I am wrong. You can't use hands-free on side streets, and Ford, the company I work for, doesn't advertise BC as anything but hands-free. So please educate me with actual evidence. The car saying "BlueCruise enabled, keep eyes on the road" doesn't mean you're using BC at that time, it just indicates that it's enabled, ready, etc. Until the screen changes to show the hands free option and goes full blue, it isn't actually relying on BC.

That's why you can be on a mapped highway, but the hands free goes off due to sharp corner or whatever, and the hands-on returns and the blue goes away. That's just back to hands-on lane centering.

But I will wait for your hard evidence that Ford has changed what BlueCruise means, they have certainly done a number of rebrands, but that isn't one I have encountered anywhere but your thread.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The car saying "BlueCruise enabled, keep eyes on the road" doesn't mean you're using BC at that time, it just indicates that it's enabled, ready, etc. Until the screen changes to show the hands free option and goes full blue, it isn't actually relying on BC.
LOLZ. If you don’t work for Ford, you should submit your resume. I’ve heard they’re staffing up in their Making Excuses for Stupid Design and Branding Department.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
That hasn’t happened in the 70+ years we’ve had cruise control, has it? Also comparing a torque sensor bypass to a brick on the go-pedal seems like a stretch.
Yeah, it was a stretch, more of a joke, to prove a point how stupid it is to use the weights to bypass safety equipment.

While you are at it, you can remove your seatbelt and crawl in the back seat.

Make sure to video it, post it online, and read the comments section!

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-05-13/tesla-driver-arrested-after-riding-in-backseat

People do dumb stuff all the time, and post about it on the internet.

If you want to use the weights, fine. But don’t post about it in the internet and expect people NOT to tell you it’s a dumb idea.

If I started a thread telling people the best way to speed, or roll through stop signs, or lane change without signaling or how to have a couple drinks and still drive (things people here probably do), I would expect a lot of comments on how dumb the above things are.

MABachE131

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT in DMG
Country flag
Just had a new one as a rental, noticeable difference in the quality of materials and build quality when compared to the MME. Even the doors sound like a cheap tin can when you close them.

Whenever I get Toyotas as a rental I ask how can they sell so many cars
Agree 100%. I've had a couple Camry rentals. Awful cars. I always wondered why anyone would buy it over an Accord, Sonata, or Fusion of past.
Sponsored