Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
First, thanks to generaltso for downloading my update list for me. Very much appreciated sir.

Second, my dealer has agreed, reluctantly, to update my charging modules so we can dcfc faster up to 90%. Just to be sure I'm asking them to do the proper updates, those are the BECM and OBCC right? Any others?

Also, they set aside 2 hours for this next week. Will that be enough?

Are there any others in this group that I should push for? I'm thinking I'll hold off on pushing for more until I'm in for my 10K service. All thoughts are appreciated. And thanks again generaltso.

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 10.29.24 AM.png
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
They need to do 21P22 on it, its the update set that gives the charging curve. just those two might get it, but I'd say its best to do the full update series incase its needed.

Start with PCM, and it will automatically go on to the next modules that are tied with it. This will also help your PAAK performance.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My dealer has agreed to update my charging modules 1651851798380

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Maybe they could get just that list done in ~2-hours, but some others that you need -- like the IPMA -- would take longer to apply.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I have an appt to do the 21P22 updates in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that it will improve my charging curve also. I saw a 12kw rate at 80 % last time I did a DCFC.

OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
They need to do 21P22 on it, its the update set that gives the charging curve. just those two might get it, but I'd say its best to do the full update series incase its needed.

Start with PCM, and it will automatically go on to the next modules that are tied with it. This will also help your PAAK performance.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My dealer has agreed to update my charging modules 1651851798380
Thank you. I long ago gave up messing with trying to set up PAAK. :) So I'll ask them to do the 21P22 update. Right? BTW, what's the 21P22 update? Is it pretty much all of the above?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
In general, how long are people usually without their vehicles when their dealership has done the 21P22?

OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
In general, how long are people usually without their vehicles when their dealership has done the 21P22?
great question!!!!

My dealer didn't seem to keen even just to do a couple of modules.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thank you. It says it's valid for vehicles built through Sept of 21, mine was built in Dec of 21. So does it still apply?
No, which is exactly what it's telling you. So if your dealer agrees to do them, he won't be reimbursed by Ford.

OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thank you. I guess I'm at their mercy.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am taking my car in on Monday for the 5th or 6th time. Still stuck on 1.7.1. Getting 22B08, TSM 21-2150, and 22G01 done to hopefully fix it. All other past attempts have failed I don't know what other modules after this is done will need to be updated. the question is if they fixed the QTA update stuck issue will the rest of the updates come OTA or if someone can run my VIN# i can hand them the printout of all the modules that need to be update when I take it in Monday morning. VIN# 3FMTK3SU7MMA36937. Appreciate any help that can be provided.

OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
No, which is exactly what it's telling you. So if your dealer agrees to do them, he won't be reimbursed by Ford.
I spoke with them and mentioned that I know I'm a guinea pig and that I'm asking for something that isn't likely going to be paid for by Ford, implying I'd pay for the 21P22 UPDATE. He was super nice this time, said his tech who does all the updates was in KC for schooling today and he'd discuss it with him Monday and get back to me. He also said that tech had identified another update package that should take care of it. I guess we'll see what they come up with Monday. I'm actually happy the tech was doing continuing education.

OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well......I'm not 100% sure what they did this AM, but they definitely upped my ability to DCFC to 90%, in fact even past 90% if was at 36kw on the charger I used right after the update.

They said they did the full 21P22, but it only took them an hour. So I have a feeling they didn't do that. But maybe. Who knows.

Also they performed TSB 22-2057 to update another module and so there was no charge.

Thanks all for your thoughts and help.

OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Before I get too far down the road, I wanted to publicly thank Pettijohn Ford in Bethany, MO for their help in getting these modules updated. The advanced charging module made a huge difference in our trip and really helped reduce some of our charging anxiety. Now, if the charging networks themselves would attend to their chargers, that'd be great. The whole trip was going great until our last charge when Greenlots (Shell) charger would only charge at 44Kw. I was at about 60 miles and didn't want to wait forever, so I moved to the adjacent charger, it started right off at 145kw and then boom at about 2 minutes, threw a charge fault. I tried it again. Same result. I thought maybe it was related to activating it via FordPass, so I switched to the Greenlots (Shell) app. It started right up and looked like it might stick at 144ishkw, then once again, it faulted. So off I went to another charger about 30 miles away that reliably charges at about 100kw. No problems with it and we charged to 87 percent (about 50 miles more than necessary to make the last leg) and headed off to home. About half way through there was a bridge out. So we had to back track and take a longer route. Thank goodness for those last 7 percent. We made it home and dry about an hour or so later than expected after circumnavigating pretty much 75% of the state of Iowa. I officated my cousin's wedding and then the next day we saw our oldest grandson graduate from the University of Iowa college of Engineering with Highest Distinction. Again, thank Pettijohn for making this a much less stressful trip.
Sponsored