smaisuria

First Name
Sharvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Ext.
Country flag
I did not remove any trim pieces. I used a lot of knifeless tape and tucking to have smoother seams. I had most difficulty on cutting the edges. There’s mistakes in there but ultimately I’m happy with the results. No videos :( I was too focused on getting the job done lol.
Thanks for the reply! No worries about the videos--it looks great and I've been caught up in projects myself that I don't even think to take videos or even pics lol. Thanks for the tips!
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Great job. I wanted to do my own wrap but I didn’t have the time. So I paid to have it done. We should start the Green Mach-E Club.

EasyPass

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What is the life expectancy of a wrap if the vehicle is garage kept and driven daily? I've seen some articles that imply it might be only a couple three years. I'm thinking that climate/weather also have a large bearing on the lifespan as well. Thanks for your response.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Random question for people who do wraps, do you have to report the new color to the DMV? Isn't the color on the registration?

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Random question for people who do wraps, do you have to report the new color to the DMV? Isn't the color on the registration?
Not here in CA.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E My DIY Mach-E build project is finally done : Pine Green Matte Metallic Wrap + More 7CADF02A-4757-49D3-A4F5-8F63053B078F

Here’s the car minus all the editing. Calipers not painted here yet.
You did an amazing job. The color and sheen is perfect and wish Ford would include this or at least some type of green at some point.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
Looks amazing. You did what I thought about. A space white GT and then wrap it green. Now that I see a cyber orange every other day I wish I had.

wkf94025

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350s, F450, 911 Turbo, 911 GT3, M2 Halftrack
Occupation
real estate
Country flag
How many hours to do the wrap?
How many hours to do it again now that you know what you know?

OP
OP
ghostmail

ghostmail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White SR 2022 Mach-E
Country flag
What is the life expectancy of a wrap if the vehicle is garage kept and driven daily? I've seen some articles that imply it might be only a couple three years. I'm thinking that climate/weather also have a large bearing on the lifespan as well. Thanks for your response.
Depends what brand you get. I used 3M 2080 and they claim up to 8 years with proper care but I do see some people saying 3 years if it’s not in the garage and always in the sun. I did apply ceramic coating on the vinyl which should protect it.

OP
OP
ghostmail

ghostmail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White SR 2022 Mach-E
Country flag
How many hours to do the wrap?
How many hours to do it again now that you know what you know?
I spent 2 weeks technically applying it but it took 1 month overall because I had to wait for extra vinyl due to the mistakes I made. If I did not have to wait for extra material, it should have only taken a week. Also a bonus that there is no door handles and because I have a premium, the roof did not have to be done. Definitely don’t do it while there’s a heat wave. That is partially the cause of my errors. I was working in the garage when it was 100 degrees Fahrenheit outside. Also get more material than you think you need especially if you are a beginner.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Wow, this is EXACTLY what I want to do. I've been teetering between doing it myself and paying a professional. What was the most challenging part to wrap? The front? Would you wrap again yourself? or pay someone?

Thanks again for sharing!