My doors have stopped unlocking (and this is new and different from the old SSM)

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I recently received the OTA Power-Up 1.4, and I also recently received the Field Service update 21B36. Somewhere between one or the other or a combination of both, my doors have stopped automatically unlocking for me this past week.

This is not directly related to PAAK - I have the same issue with the fob. And it doesn’t happen every time - only about half the time.

The car clearly recognizes the phone and/or fob because it lights up for me on approach. But when I press the door button, nothing. Instead, I have to (1) use the fob button, (2) use FordPass, or (3) use the door sill keypad.

I already had my car updated with that old SSM update over a month ago to fix a similar but different door unlocking issue.

I am getting pretty sick of this bullsh*t. Like seriously, it feels like a new, unpredictable bug pops up every couple of weeks. What in the hell? Is anyone else experiencing this?!

I called Ford. “Take it to the dealership.” Of the two dealerships in town, the next available appointment is July 29!
Sponsored

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
I recently received the OTA Power-Up 1.4, and I also recently received the Field Service update 21B36. Somewhere between one or the other or a combination of both, my doors have stopped automatically unlocking for me this past week.

This is not directly related to PAAK - I have the same issue with the fob. And it doesn’t happen every time - only about half the time.

The car clearly recognizes the phone and/or fob because it lights up for me on approach. But when I press the door button, nothing. Instead, I have to (1) use the fob button, (2) use FordPass, or (3) use the door sill keypad.

I already had my car updated with that old SSM update over a month ago to fix a similar but different door unlocking issue.

I am getting pretty sick of this bullsh*t. Like seriously, it feels like a new, unpredictable bug pops up every couple of weeks. What in the hell? Is anyone else experiencing this?!

I called Ford. “Take it to the dealership.” Of the two dealerships in town, the next available appointment is July 29!
Sounds super frustrating for sure, especially since it’s only part of the time. Like it would probably be less frustrating if you knew you needed the fob or code every time.

But at the same time, we purchased a 1st production year new platform with an entirely new means of propulsion, new infotainment, new OTA update capability, etc. It’s also likely the most software dependent vehicle ford has ever produced with far fewer certified techs per capita.

Not trying to fanboy, but if someone doesn’t have the patience for the bugs to get worked out and longer service wait times they’re going to have a bad time with a car like this.

I would draw the line at bugs/inconveniences though. If doors stop functioning altogether or bonnets start flying off on the highway like a Tesla, I’d be ready to lawyer up.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I'm beginning to realize that the Ford techs aren't living with these cars. They have a few test mules at the shop, get something lined up to try tomorrow and go home at 5.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds super frustrating for sure, especially since it’s only part of the time. Like it would probably be less frustrating if you knew you needed the fob or code every time.

But at the same time, we purchased a 1st production year new platform with an entirely new means of propulsion, new infotainment, new OTA update capability, etc. It’s also likely the most software dependent vehicle ford has ever produced with far fewer certified techs per capita.

Not trying to fanboy, but if someone doesn’t have the patience for the bugs to get worked out and longer service wait times they’re going to have a bad time with a car like this.

I would draw the line at bugs/inconveniences though. If doors stop functioning altogether or bonnets start flying off on the highway like a Tesla, I’d be ready to lawyer up.
I get it, I really do. I try to keep my frustration in check but sometimes it gets the better of me. This software is clearly complicated. So complicated that they can’t seem to get the cocktail just right. The “fix” for one thing breaks another. And worse, it doesn’t apply to every car, or happen every time, making it even harder to pin down. (I’m assuming that, given that this issue popped up exactly when I received the last two updates). But it makes me wonder…. why? Why isn’t everyone running the same software? Why isn’t everyone experiencing the same bugs?

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Same happened here yesterday. You are not alone...

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
There are a few things I noticed happen intermittently: the driver side door (don't know about the other doors) wouldn't open, the driver seat wouldn't move forward, the car wouldn't start after pressing the break pedal and start button. Repeating the same action again usually works. In case of the door pushing the rear door button fixes the front button as well.
The rear view camera started flickering a couple times, and it looks like it turned lower as I now see a part of the rear bumper which wasn't in the frame before.
Those are all minor but also obvious issues, I'm surprised they all made into production.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I'm beginning to realize that the Ford techs aren't living with these cars. They have a few test mules at the shop, get something lined up to try tomorrow and go home at 5.
It should be mandatory for the executives to own and drive their latest cars to work. Eating their own dog food is the best way of keeping the quality at the level.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
It should be mandatory for the executives to own and drive their latest cars to work. Eating their own dog food is the best way of keeping the quality at the level.
Is it possible they don't know about radios turning themselves on, doors that won't open, doors that won't close..... How would they know? If these minor annoyances aren't reported back to the mother ship.....

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag

I just noticed this as well! I, however, have not received the OTA Power-Up 1.4 or the Field Service update 21B36.

My PAAK stopped working today as well, and to top it all off the car no longer accepted my door code. I entered the door code a number of times but it wouldn't take. I went into the FordPass app and unlocked the vehicle that way, got it started via backup code once in. I've since recreated my personalized door code with the factory code, and can confirm that works again.

I thought my problem was specific to PAAK, but on my second drive of the day I took the fob since I knew PAAK wasn't working, and the doors still not auto unlock when I walked up.

Wondering what's changed in the past few days? Especially considering my vehicle hasn't received the OTA. My FordPass app was updated, but I don't see how that would be related to walkup unlock via fob?

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
Funny... I had a couple issues today.

The one that worried me was when I activated the Intelligent Cruise Control after pulling out of the grocery store, the bubble surrounded the car on the display and the car started swerving left across the yellow lines, then right heading toward the white line like it was chasing a ghost. Fortunately there weren't any cars coming at me. Naturally I had to turn off the automation. The system was obviously confused. I don't think a user input should be able to cause this to happen under any circumstances. I didn't do anything different than I have done since I purchased the car.

Had a Enter Key To Start just before I got out of the car at the grocery store and then when I got back to the car the PAAK wasn't working. After I got in with the door code there was a no key detected message. There were a couple of other messages that I don't recall

I ended up pulling over and shutting down the car and restarting. Seemed to be okay after that.

Is this thing Powered by Microsoft?

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
K so it sounds like I’m not the only one with the new door gremlin. I can’t get into a shop until 7/29. Please let me know if anyone gets in earlier and gets this fixed.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
K so it sounds like I’m not the only one with the new door gremlin. I can’t get into a shop until 7/29. Please let me know if anyone gets in earlier and gets this fixed.
Looks like my problem is exclusive to the drivers door (video at end of post) and is persistent 100% of the time with this door. Not sure if my gremlin varies slightly from what you are experiencing or not , Mirak.

Also I haven't decided if I'm going to take the time to drop this off at the dealers just yet. It's a very annoying problem to have for sure, but being without the car for a few days/weeks would also be annoying. Just hoping @Ford Motor Company might be able to chime in and let us know if this will be addressed via an OTA soon. I think I can live with clicking a button on the fob.... for now. It's no different than driving my '17 Chevy Colorado

IB_NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext. Range
Country flag
Looks like my problem is exclusive to the drivers door (video at end of post) and is persistent 100% of the time with this door. Not sure if my gremlin varies slightly from what you are experiencing or not , Mirak.

Also I haven't decided if I'm going to take the time to drop this off at the dealers just yet. It's a very annoying problem to have for sure, but being without the car for a few days/weeks would also be annoying. Just hoping @Ford Motor Company might be able to chime in and let us know if this will be addressed via an OTA soon. I think I can live with clicking a button on the fob.... for now. It's no different than driving my '17 Chevy Colorado

Similar issue today for the first time too. Very strange.
Sponsored