My doors have stopped unlocking (and this is new and different from the old SSM)

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got mine to work by disconnecting the 12 volt negative terminal for 10 minutes.
Sponsored

HOFMACHFE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt 2017, Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
I just started having this issue a few days ago, 100 percent of the time the driver door will not open until another door is opened or the button in the FOB is pressed. Based on frequency and quantity of folks on here reporting this same issue, seems like this could be a bug that came from an OTA… hopefully can be fixed by one too
Exact same issue on my MME FE. This occurred after the update 1.6.0. Not happy about it but good to know it is likely software update problem that can be fixed. Hopefully Ford is aware. If not I will contact them next week.

westcoastg8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Std Range
Country flag
I got mine to work by disconnecting the 12 volt negative terminal for 10 minutes.
Thanks, did the same just now and it fixed it for me as well.

I realized afterwards that I never tried toggling the auto unlock settings under ‘Settings-Vehicle’ to see if that would clear the issue.

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
Looks like my problem is exclusive to the drivers door (video at end of post) and is persistent 100% of the time with this door. Not sure if my gremlin varies slightly from what you are experiencing or not , Mirak.

Also I haven't decided if I'm going to take the time to drop this off at the dealers just yet. It's a very annoying problem to have for sure, but being without the car for a few days/weeks would also be annoying. Just hoping @Ford Motor Company might be able to chime in and let us know if this will be addressed via an OTA soon. I think I can live with clicking a button on the fob.... for now. It's no different than driving my '17 Chevy Colorado

I started having this exact same today. I reinstalled PAAK key to see if it was working and better and had to reinstall Fordpass because it kept telling me the key could not be downloaded. I finally got that going but now JUST my driver's door won't unlock without pulling out the key fob or pressing unlock on another door. I can't unlock the DRIVER'S DOOR. Nothing has changed except for doing the PAAK.
Sponsored