My doors have stopped unlocking (and this is new and different from the old SSM)

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Similar issue today for the first time too. Very strange.
Starting to get the feeling that more and more reports of this issue will start coming in.
Sponsored

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I too recently developed this issue. Always impacts the same door.

It came out of the blue after months of ownership where the doors responded properly.

Irritating to deal with and disconcerting to have it just appear without provocation.

Dangerfish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE Cyber Orange
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Country flag
I also recently started having this problem. Seems to only affect drivers door. Have owned the car since February and just started a couple of weeks ago.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Darn it you guys are right. It’s only the driver door. If I open the passenger door first, it seems to work. Fob or phone makes no difference. It’s also not totally consistent. What a frustrating stupid mess this is.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Darn it you guys are right. It’s only the driver door. If I open the passenger door first, it seems to work. Fob or phone makes no difference. It’s also not totally consistent. What a frustrating stupid mess this is.
The inconsistent part of your problem is interesting to me. My driver door is 100% consistently not unlocking when I walk up.

I know others have said they have the issue as well, but unsure of what's the norm here (100% not working or just sometimes not working) ?

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My problem exists 100% of the time, but it migrates.

It started with the drivers door, out of the blue, a few weeks ago. Then it’s resolved (or so I thought).

The moment the drivers door started working again the problem migrated to the front passenger door, which will now fail to open 100% of the time until the rear passenger door is opened first (only then it will unlock).

Small issue that erodes confidence in the car, for sure.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
My problem exists 100% of the time, but it migrates.

It started with the drivers door, out of the blue, a few weeks ago. Then it’s resolved (or so I thought).

The moment the drivers door started working again the problem migrated to the front passenger door, which will now fail to open 100% of the time until the rear passenger door is opened first (only then it will unlock).

Small issue that erodes confidence in the car, for sure.
Have you figured out if you plan to take your MME to the dealership to get serviced for this issue? I'm curious to know what the dealerships response would be.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you figured out if you plan to take your MME to the dealership to get serviced for this issue? I'm curious to know what the dealerships response would be.
I’m not sure. In a different thread on a related subject, a person had to have their car towed away after a “fix.” I’m irritated with the problem, but recognize it could be made worse by a well-intentioned dealer. Candidly, I was hoping others would take theirs in while I “wait and see.”

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I’m not sure. In a different thread on a related subject, a person had to have their car towed away after a “fix.” I’m irritated with the problem, but recognize it could be made worse by a well-intentioned dealer. Candidly, I was hoping others would take theirs in while I “wait and see.”
I am admittedly in the same holding pattern as you. ?

This problem hasn't seriously affected me enough yet to feel the urge to go get it serviced. But, at the same time, it is a very irritating problem that I'm sure will start bothering me more and more as time goes on.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The inconsistent part of your problem is interesting to me. My driver door is 100% consistently not unlocking when I walk up.

I know others have said they have the issue as well, but unsure of what's the norm here (100% not working or just sometimes not working) ?
As I test more, I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten the issue nailed down to both drivers side doors. The passenger doors seem to work almost 100%, and the drivers doors seem to fail 100%. if I open a passenger door first, then the other doors work, too.

So this OPPOSITE of the problem I had a few months ago where the driver doors worked but passenger didn’t until a driver door was opened. That issue was fixed by updating some software at the dealership. I’m guessing something needs to be reset or updated. It’s just crazy that this crap keeps popping up. I mean what is so complicated in the software that Ford keeps messing this up?!

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
As I test more, I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten the issue nailed down to both drivers side doors. The passenger doors seem to work almost 100%, and the drivers doors seem to fail 100%. if I open a passenger door first, then the other doors work, too.

So this OPPOSITE of the problem I had a few months ago where the driver doors worked but passenger didn’t until a driver door was opened. That issue was fixed by updating some software at the dealership. I’m guessing something needs to be reset or updated. It’s just crazy that this crap keeps popping up. I mean what is so complicated in the software that Ford keeps messing this up?!
Thanks for the additional tests! My problem hasn't migrated to any other does as of yet, still just isolated to the drivers door.

Let's all hope for a solution soon.

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I also have this issue but its nearly 100% of the time I can't open either front doors, rear button works fine and will open the front doors too if i hit that button first.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I also have this issue but its nearly 100% of the time I can't open either front doors, rear button works fine and will open the front doors too if i hit that button first.
Sorry to hear you're affected by this same issue as many of us!

westcoastg8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Std Range
Country flag
I just started having this issue a few days ago, 100 percent of the time the driver door will not open until another door is opened or the button in the FOB is pressed. Based on frequency and quantity of folks on here reporting this same issue, seems like this could be a bug that came from an OTA… hopefully can be fixed by one too
Sponsored