My feedback from seeing 4 Mach E's side by side in Ford factory

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
These were the latest build "Production intent" vehicles and WOW. Not even trying to be hyperbolic but these vehicles are infinitely more beautiful in person than in pictures/videos. I 've seen the Mach E numerous times in peron before but I continue to be more and more impressed each time. The paint quality is absolutely phenomenal. Every color has a distinct look, it doesn't appear as just greyscales like the pictures and names would presume. Iconic Silver is absolutely the the most underrated color, very seriously contemplating on changing my order from carbonized grey to IS. This color brings out all the beautiful body lines the most, it makes the Mach E look like it's flexing all its muscles. To my eyes IS even had a very slight blue tinge to it in certain angles/lighting that just looked amazing. Infinite blue is a magnet, I've never seen a color like it.The color just pulls you in and makes you think "wow what is that" but in a "not even trying" kind of way if that makes any sense. It doesn't look grey at all but a deep dark blue with multiplayer layers. Rapid red is a head turner, this color will POP on the road. Carbonized grey is just so slick and mean.

When you get up close with natural lighting the vehicle becomes alive. The body lines, the metallic flakes in the paint, the LED lighting all come together and project something I can't explain in words.

Here are a couple pictures of Iconic Silver I found. These are not my pictures/not from the vehicles I saw today but they are the closest pictures I could find that really show off what this color is.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My feedback from seeing 4 Mach E's side by side in Ford factory 1595963606435

Ford Mustang Mach-E My feedback from seeing 4 Mach E's side by side in Ford factory 1595963664003

Ford Mustang Mach-E My feedback from seeing 4 Mach E's side by side in Ford factory 1595965006752

Ford Mustang Mach-E My feedback from seeing 4 Mach E's side by side in Ford factory 1595965090621

Closest I could find of infinite blue but in person looks much better. Focus on the paint on the hood near the driver side headlight as the blue lighting is distorting other sections of the vehicle paint.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My feedback from seeing 4 Mach E's side by side in Ford factory 1595965426632

Last edited:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
Did you take pictures from your encounter????? I hope so!

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Infinite blue is a magnet, I've never seen a color like it.The color just pulls you in and makes you think "wow what is that" but in a "not even trying" kind of way if that makes any sense.
I'm beginning to think Infinite Blue is Big Foot. It just doesn't want to be captured on camera but so many have seen it!

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Yeah but what about the door handles? What version is going to end up on our MMEs?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I love it when someone with your automotive experience speaks so fondly of the Mustang Mach E.

OP
OP

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Yeah but what about the door handles? What version is going to end up on our MMEs?
There are videos on youtube already of the latest vehicle builds that show the updated design. It has a bigger opening and there's nothing to get caught/stuck on, overall better design IMO. I thought it was pretty seamless opening the door. Just press button and then pull in one sequential motion.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My feedback from seeing 4 Mach E's side by side in Ford factory 1595987523459

Ford Mustang Mach-E My feedback from seeing 4 Mach E's side by side in Ford factory 1595987603857

Last edited:
OP
OP

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
There's also bunch of cool software and UI features that haven't been fully revealed yet. Here's just one example i haven't heard anyone talk about. If you noticed, there are pointers/markers on the battery state of charge gauge on the instrument cluster. I'm told that the purpose of these is to quickly display to the driver if you have enough charge to drive to your favorite locations. When you save your favorite locations (Home, Work, etc.) in the navigation the cluster will show home/work/other icons underneath these markers.

The idea is when you get in your vehicle you can see at a quick glance if you have enough charge to make it to your frequent destination. No need to input a location in the navigation for places you already know/frequent. Also the range calculator isn't just based on distance. It use an "intelligent range" calculator to predict how much range you have based on past driving behavior, weather forecasts, and crowdsourced data from other Mustang Mach-E vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E My feedback from seeing 4 Mach E's side by side in Ford factory 1595987775598

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
There's also bunch of cool software and UI features that haven't been fully revealed yet. Here's just one example i haven't heard anyone talk about. If you noticed, there are pointers/markers on the battery state of charge gauge on the instrument cluster. I'm told that the purpose of these is to quickly display to the driver if you have enough charge to drive to your favorite locations. When you save your favorite locations (Home, Work, etc.) in the navigation the cluster will show home/work/other icons underneath these markers.

The idea is when you get in your vehicle you can see at a quick glance if you have enough charge to make it to your frequent destination. No need to input a location in the navigation for places you already know/frequent. Also the range calculator isn't just based on distance. It use an "intelligent range" calculator to predict how much range you have based on past driving behavior, weather forecasts, and crowdsourced data from other Mustang Mach-E vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E My feedback from seeing 4 Mach E's side by side in Ford factory 1595987775598
Interesting. The placement in the photo sure looks like they could be markers for 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 charge status.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag

Still don't know what the L is for on a BEV...

OP
OP

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Also saw a similar feature to the Porshe Taycan (image below). SYNC will show a blue radius around your vehicle pointer on the map that communicates the max distance you can go \with your current range/state of charge.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My feedback from seeing 4 Mach E's side by side in Ford factory 1595989864551

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
When you get up close with natural lighting the vehicle becomes alive. The body lines, the metallic flakes in the paint, the LED lighting all come together and project something I can't explain in words.
I’m seriously rethinking Star White based upon your comments about Iconic Silver. I’d been thinking about Infinite Blue - it’s clearly been popular choice. My dealer told me confirmed orders through them have been for Infinite Blue, Rapid Red and Star White.
Sponsored