Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
drives people crazy cause they like to speed up to the light and wait
All my life I've coasted up to stop lights, with one lone exception: if I know there's a left turn sensor and no one is on it, I try to get there to trip the sensor so I don't have to sit all the way until the next cycle. The first car I bought was my first of 4 stick shifts, and it just felt natural to keep momentum going so I could start in a higher gear when the light turned as I got to it. I do the same today even though my last 2 cars have been automatics.
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I was just providing a reference to the discussion addressing whether the MME provides a personal setting for more aggressive regen without engaging L manually (which it does as each of the three driving modes selected provide different levels of regen and there is separately an option to engage one-pedal driving). I'm not voicing a personal preference one way or the other though.
Hard to say what I'll personally do until I drive it. However, I suspect that I will have it in Unbridled mode all the time (why else pay extra for a GT Performance?) and that will provide enough regen for my tastes. I don't know that I will engage one-pedal driving on top of that.
Oh ok. Yeah I'm just trying to figure this stuff out too and why to do one thing over another.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
1595965426632.png

I like that sunshade. Will Ford give one to each Mach-E customer, or at least offer it as a factory option at delivery? I have one made for my Fusion with the name "FUSION" printed on it. Where I live we get a strong Sun over 350 days a year, and car interior temperatures can easily pass 110 degress. The only cloudy days are during tropical storms, such as the one passing over today July 29th. It was expected to become T.S. Isaias but never became a cyclone.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
1595965426632.png

I like that sunshade. Will Ford give one to each Mach-E customer, or at least offer it as a factory option at delivery? I have one made for my Fusion with the name "FUSION" printed on it. Where I live we get a strong Sun 350 days a year, and interor temperatures can easily pass 110 degress.
That’s not a sunshade. Forum admin watermarking the photo.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
If you use one-pedal braking every day like I do you will need to clean your rotors by putting it neutral once a month and using the friction brakes.
I hammer my Fusion Energi brakes once in a while 60 - 0, but putting in neutral is a good idea ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
This thread has been hijacked by the "L" word.
This thread has been brought to you by the letters "L" and "E" and the number "1."

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
These were the latest build "Production intent" vehicles and WOW. Not even trying to be hyperbolic but these vehicles are infinitely more beautiful in person than in pictures/videos. I 've seen the Mach E numerous times in peron before but I continue to be more and more impressed each time. The paint quality is absolutely phenomenal. Every color has a distinct look, it doesn't appear as just greyscales like the pictures and names would presume. Iconic Silver is absolutely the the most underrated color, very seriously contemplating on changing my order from carbonized grey to IS. This color brings out all the beautiful body lines the most, it makes the Mach E look like it's flexing all its muscles. To my eyes IS even had a very slight blue tinge to it in certain angles/lighting that just looked amazing. Infinite blue is a magnet, I've never seen a color like it.The color just pulls you in and makes you think "wow what is that" but in a "not even trying" kind of way if that makes any sense. It doesn't look grey at all but a deep dark blue with multiplayer layers. Rapid red is a head turner, this color will POP on the road. Carbonized grey is just so slick and mean.

When you get up close with natural lighting the vehicle becomes alive. The body lines, the metallic flakes in the paint, the LED lighting all come together and project something I can't explain in words.

Here are a couple pictures of Iconic Silver I found. These are not my pictures/not from the vehicles I saw today but they are the closest pictures I could find that really show off what this color is.

1595963606435.png

1595963664003.png

1595965006752.png

1595965090621.png

Closest I could find of infinite blue but in person looks much better. Focus on the paint on the hood near the driver side headlight as the blue lighting is distorting other sections of the vehicle paint.

1595965426632.png
Just wanted to say “Thank you” @RunningHorse. Your description of The infinite blue sealed the deal for me and made me completely confident with my choice. Stately yet understated is my style and I believe that is what you are describing. “The color just pulls you in and makes you think "wow what is that" but in a "not even trying" kind of way.” It sounds exactly what I was hoping it would be!!