Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Had a flight out of STL last Thursday. 121 miles one way. The weather was nice (no heat or AC required) and there was a tailwind on the way down. I charged to 100% before the trip - I normally go to 90% - just to make sure I could get back home without charging. When I arrived at the airport, I was still at 64% charge - 3.8 m/kWh. Drove 70 MPH pretty much the entire trip. That equates to a 334 mile range. (AWD-Ex)

Parking lot 'A' has 5 level 2 EVSEs and two were available. I plugged in and started home at 100% Monday. The reverse trip came in at 3.3 M/kWh - right at 290 miles total calculated range. That was minus the tailwind and running the AC for the first 20 miles - it wasn't hot outside (64F) but the car had been sitting in the sun. (Didn't think to precondition while plugged in). Also running 80-85 MPH for the first 20 miles keeping up with traffic. It does not feel like you're going that fast!

The trip was quite comfortable. Wife likes the ride and comfort better than our Explorer XLT with leather.

Overall quite pleased with the experience.
Sponsored

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I will be doing a mini road trip today running without the AC on for the first time since we got the car 4 months ago! I normally average 3.3 miles per kWh for this trip which is about a 50/50 mix of city and highway driving. Expecting to see a slight bump up on the range? We will leave the house with 100% charge which should be close to 300 miles of range.

valfam

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JK and a WKII both gone :-( Now 23 MMEP Sta
Occupation
network admin
Country flag
I"m taking a small trip too 260 miles but I have to make one stop on the way down to charge when I arrive I will be visiting a bunch of friends and family so I hope to be able to charge at friends and family houses using the level 1 charger i have with me if not I need to find a charge station. thats the part that worries me.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I"m taking a small trip too 260 miles but I have to make one stop on the way down to charge when I arrive I will be visiting a bunch of friends and family so I hope to be able to charge at friends and family houses using the level 1 charger i have with me if not I need to find a charge station. thats the part that worries me.
Keep in mind that 120v will give you 1.2kW. Not much

valfam

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JK and a WKII both gone :-( Now 23 MMEP Sta
Occupation
network admin
Country flag
Keep in mind that 120v will give you 1.2kW. Not much
Yeah I know i will be staying with them for a few days and it's will be for mostly around town driving.
Sponsored