machme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GT
Country flag
Worked perfectly. But the short cable is a problem.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My first charge at a Tesla Supercharger worked perfectly 20230301_075212
Nice! Confused with the parking. Is it parallel to the charger or should be at 90 parking directly in front? Will the cable reach parked the other way?

MeIIo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Select
Country flag
Yea curious to know if that is the only way the cable will reach the charging port. I would be afraid to leave my car there like that lol.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
I'd imagine this is the only way the cable reaches. I have a Model Y and I unless I back up almost as far as I can go the cable won't reach. With the long hood on the MME I suspect even parking in the "wrong" adjacent spot, the cable still wouldn't reach.

I am surprised though that it seems all of the charging stalls were retrofitted with the MagicDock connector. I assumed it would be just 20% of the stalls at each location.

Hopefully this is early stage rollout and the shorter cable issue will be resolved at some point. The backlash from Tesla drivers having stalls blocked by cars parking sideways or taking up 2 stalls by parking in the "wrong" one will likely be the only trigger for Tesla to resolve the shorter cable issues. Very unlikely CCS drivers complaining will warrant any Tesla response.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Worked perfectly. But the short cable is a problem.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My first charge at a Tesla Supercharger worked perfectly 20230301_075212
Using a Ford to parallel park blocking other Tesla chargers in the snow.

Does that count as ICEing?

Like Tesla owners aren’t already gonna be mad enough the “outsiders” are invading their territory. 😂

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Using a Ford to parallel park blocking other Tesla chargers in the snow.

Does that count as ICEing?

Like Tesla owners aren’t already gonna be mad enough the “outsiders” are invading their territory. 😂
No cause they are actually using the charger.

OP
OP
RSF

RSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E P ER
Country flag
Also I have to give credit where due, it worked so well. Just opened the app, selected the handle and it released. It starting charging in seconds. The App gave me the details on the charge so I knew what was happening.

OP
OP
RSF

RSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E P ER
Country flag
Just to be clear, there were 8 chargers open, I was the only one there at 745am and 22 degrees outside. I just wanted to see this was real, I only charged for 5 minutes.

Maybe there can be an after market extension cable. Due to the power it would need to be short but 3 feet would have been all I needed today.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Just to be clear, there were 8 chargers open, I was the only one there at 745am and 22 degrees outside. I just wanted to see this was real, I only charged for 5 minutes.

Maybe there can be an after market extension cable. Due to the power it would need to be short but 3 feet would have been all I needed today.
Except if an extension cable was needed, it would likely be on the non-Tesla driver to own it. From an engineering standpoint, I'd imagine it's not feasible or perhaps even efficient or safe to add a CCS adapter and then an extension cable on to the end of the Tesla cable.

Considering the visual of the charging dispensers is the nice loop of cable sitting inside the "U" - I highly doubt Tesla will simply add longer cables to the existing hardware

OP
OP
RSF

RSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E P ER
Country flag
What kind of kw was it delivering?
Not a good test for charging speed. My SOC was already at 75% and it was around 22 degrees out but I still got 30kw. This was just for the experience. Pretty obscure place to try the first one, I guess that was the point.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Tesla designers have to know what a pain this will be for some EV owners. There has to be a level of trolling involved here on their part. The CEO sets the tone...
I don’t think that much thought went into it. It looks like the adaptor was hastily designed so they could grab some of those sweet, sweet government handouts. I don’t blame them.
Sponsored