My first problem ... darn car is not charging

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I am fuming. I tried to charge the car and it would not even do so because I was outside of my designated charging times I previously set. I went into my app to manually allow charging and it was not even an option. I was so livid. What happened? Did the recent update remove the option for me to manually allow charging outside of the designated times?
Now, I am really fuming. Then, I realized that I unplugged my Ford mobile charger from the outlet before we went on a trip last week. I am still a newbie EV owner and still worried about thing like EVs catching on fire in the garage. It seems as though I forgot to plug it in. Well, I plugged in the charger into the outlet. Voila, my car is charging. I am the fool, not the Ford. I am concerned that my plug was sparking a little when I plugged it into the outlet.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It sparked because it was plugged in to your car when you plugged it into the wall all the while it was within the scheduled time. Electricity started flowing the moment it could.

OP
OP

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
It sparked because it was plugged in to your car when you plugged it into the wall all the while it was within the scheduled time. Electricity started flowing the moment it could.
It was unplugged from the MME, but I'm sure it was probably flowing to the charger.

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I experienced an issue with lack of "charge to 100%" button in the app. Probably Ford had some server-side issues.
Also, surprisingly, I haven't found a button "charge to 100%" in the in-car UI too.
Solved it with disabling the charging schedule via the in-car UI.

Anyway, constant FordPass server-side issues and lack of basic buttons in UI are showing that Ford uses cheap software contractors.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I am concerned that my plug was sparking a little when I plugged it into the outlet.
Hmm, you should always plug into the wall first and then into the car second. If you reverse the order and plug into the wall while the car is connected that might happen.

To check for safety, is your outlet "tight" or loose when inserting the plug? Come back and feel the plug after it's been charging for an hour or two, it should only be slightly warm. Unplug from the car, then unplug from the wall and feel the metal prongs, they likewise shouldn't be that hot either. If the outlet is tight and passes the heat test then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. If the outlet is loose or is getting burning hot, then replace the receptacle.
Sponsored