uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
The dealer in Fort Collins finally got their Mach E for test drives and I booked a spot to drive it ASAP.

After spending so much time lurking here. Watching the videos, etc I was very prepared for my drive and excited about it.

I’ve never driven an EV before and I will say the pedal feel right off the bat was a bit weird. The concept of letting off the brake and the car just sits there really messed with my head. Learning to apply throttle smoothly from a stop was a bit jerky at first.
Also the feeling of regen happening when I lift off the pedal was a bit awkward at first.

But, after it was all done and I got back in an ice car and drove home, I missed the torque. The speed.

The throttle feel Is something I’ll get used too with out a doubt.
I still can’t wait to even order my GT. Let alone sit in it and drive it.
Sponsored

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
But, after it was all done and I got back in an ice car and drove home, I missed the torque. The speed.
I hadn't even thought about this aspect. We are all going to be spoiled BEV drivers when we get into our spouses cars and drive aren't we? It will be such a letdown to drive a car with an automatic transmission rather than an always available go pedal.

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
The dealer in Fort Collins finally got their Mach E for test drives and I booked a spot to drive it ASAP.

After spending so much time lurking here. Watching the videos, etc I was very prepared for my drive and excited about it.

I’ve never driven an EV before and I will say the pedal feel right off the bat was a bit weird. The concept of letting off the brake and the car just sits there really messed with my head. Learning to apply throttle smoothly from a stop was a bit jerky at first.
Also the feeling of regen happening when I lift off the pedal was a bit awkward at first.

I've never driven an EV before either and I miss the torque! As I mentally prepare for delivery, I notice the lag with my wife's ICE and switching gears is an annoyance.

Dan G

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag

Do yourself a favor and drive a Tesla Model Y. If for no other reason than to compare. Tesla makes some good cars with impressive technology. It seems silly to not even ride in one if you're seriously considering going electric.

JoseLuisDeLaCruz

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
CEO and Founder of Parking Heaven
Country flag
Do yourself a favor and drive a Tesla Model Y. If for no other reason than to compare. Tesla makes some good cars with impressive technology. It seems silly to not even ride in one if you're seriously considering going electric.
I agree. You have to drive a Tesla Model Y so you can compare it to the Gold Standard. I test drove both and they are totally different vehicles. If you want a tallish SUV get the model y. If you want the better handling car get the mustang mach-e. Handling is much better in the mach-e, its a much lower to the ground car. Yes I am calling it a car, the mach-e has the same ground clearance as my chevy bolt ev. You literally sit down and into the seat instead of just sliding in or climbing up into the seat like a true suv. Both are incredible vehicles but after test driving both they are very different. One is more suv the other more car.

OP
OP
uncle_0gre

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
I’d be interested in driving one. But only for comparison differences. But I don’t want to make a 2hr round trip just to make the test drive. And have to also make said trip for servicing the vehicle when something goes wrong.

I truly find the look of the model y to be unappealing. And on top of that I know I would not like the absence of a dash behind the steering wheel.

I have honestly been waiting for a worthy competitor to Tesla because I would not buy one myself. Even if the Mach e is almost as good as the model y in terms of battery life. I still feel that the Ford will create a very good vehicle. Worthy of the money spent and the competition.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Even better, give a Tesla owner a ride in a Mach-e to show them what an electric car could be.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Even better, give a Tesla owner a ride in a Mach-e to show them what an electric car could be.
Just be sure to remove their blinders first. ?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I hadn't even thought about this aspect. We are all going to be spoiled BEV drivers when we get into our spouses cars and drive aren't we? It will be such a letdown to drive a car with an automatic transmission rather than an always available go pedal.
Fact

OP
OP
uncle_0gre

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
TBH the Mach e will be my spouses car. And my car will still be the 5 speed 69 mustang. And I love shifting through the gears. The smell of the engine.

Anytime we take her car though, I’ll drive. ;)
Sponsored