SAVAGE

First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
My Ford Connected Charge Station just arrived! Now, I just need my dealer to figure out the Ford Options plan! ? I have an electrician coming out tomorrow to install. Once installed, I will post more pics.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Connected Charge Station arrived! 1612289497375
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Connected Charge Station arrived! 1612289436511
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Connected Charge Station arrived! 1612290212345
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Connected Charge Station arrived! 1612290266837

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Connected Charge Station arrived! 1612289470093

1612289362128.png

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Cool! I received FedEx tracking info on mine but sadly, with the inclement weather, I doubt it will arrive anytime soon. No worries as I don’t have a car to charge anyway ???

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Can you give us an idea of size? I’m particularly interested in how far out from the wall this thing will protrude.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My Ford Connected Charge Station just arrived! Now, I just need my dealer to figure out the Ford Options plan! ? I have an electrician coming out tomorrow to install. Once installed, I will post more pics.
Thanks for the pics. ?

Cool! I received FedEx tracking info on mine but sadly, with the inclement weather, I doubt it will arrive anytime soon. No worries as I don’t have a car to charge anyway ???
When is your car expected to arrive?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'd love to see a scan of the two manuals, and especially the dip switch configurations. :)
I didn’t notice the DIP switches! How retro! ??

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
How much is your electrician charging? I had a guy come out today and quoted $1600. And that was just for the electrical run to the location. Not including the charger. The run is 12 foot from my electrical panel. $1600 is a whole lot of money for 13 feet of wire, and some conduit and a breaker.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
How much is your electrician charging? I had a guy come out today and quoted $1600. And that was just for the electrical run to the location. Not including the charger. The run is 12 foot from my electrical panel. $1600 is a whole lot of money for 13 feet of wire, and some conduit and a breaker.
I have a 240 volt in our circuit breaker box that is for an electric dryer - but our dryer is gas - so its not used; I had a guy come out and he quoted $650.00 to put the Ford Charger in - the circuit breaker is on the outside of our garage wall and would go straight through the wall with the front of the car about 7' ahead of where the unit would mount - so plenty of length on the cord.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a 240 volt in our circuit breaker box that is for an electric dryer - but our dryer is gas - so its not used; I had a guy come out and he quoted $650.00 to put the Ford Charger in - the circuit breaker is on the outside of our garage wall and would go straight through the wall with the front of the car about 7' ahead of where the unit would mount - so plenty of length on the cord.
I didn't even think of that. My biggest issue was that I was thinking I needed to move around several breakers in my panel into tandem breakers since my panel is full. However, My stove was wired with a 40amp breaker. I could totally just pull that breaker out, replace with a 60amp, and leave the lines to the stove capped off for if someone lives here next and wants electric instead of gas.

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
My guy just got back to me with a quote. 65 feet of 1" conduit and we're going to run two lines out to the garage and install two 240V plugs (one for the mme, one for a future EV) and 120V outlet. $2,000 for the whole job and he said ~ $300 is for the additional 240V line. That's right in your ballpark except 4x the distance

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I can add a few photos (my charger also came today and I installed this evening ... took about 3 hours)

There were some questions regarding how it mounts to the wall, so...
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Connected Charge Station arrived! IMG_1644

The metal bracket is mounted either to a post (via the two center screws) or to a wall (via the four corner screws). The charger hooks onto that mounting plate and slides down. There are two screws that attach to those small wings you see (left and right) which prevent it from sliding up.

The two bullseye designs in the bottom are meant for you to cut open (I used a spade bit) if you plan to route the power in through the back.

The wiring was pretty easy & obvious ... it was the DIP switches that were a bit confusing because ... well ... have a look:

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Connected Charge Station arrived! IMG_1645

I'm not sure why the first two rows say "Invalid, default 48A, 60A CB" ... I took that to mean it's an invalid setting. If that's true, I'd rather they just say "invalid" or "don't use".

And then ... EIGHT (count 'em) different patterns that all result in 48A, 60A CB (which is what I wanted). Why eight? I sort of took that to mean that if D1 is ON then you get 48A, 60A CB ... regardless of the settings of D2 through D4.

And then there's D5 ... where the ON position is "Invalid, default 48A, 60A CB" again. So I set it to OFF.
But if D5 only has one valid setting ... why even have it?

Anyway ... after the install, I ran the setup app, connected it to Bluetooth, joined it to WiFi, named it, and added it to the Ford Pass app. It complained for the first 15 minutes or so about not being able to connect to server (there may have been a server side configuration or an update) but after a few minutes it stopped complaining and now it works fine.

I also "invited" my spouse to use it ... so that it shows up in both of our Ford Pass apps. That's another area where Ford's documentation could stand to be improved.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I can add a few photos (my charger also came today and I installed this evening ... took about 3 hours)

The metal bracket is mounted either to a post (via the two center screws) or to a wall (via the four corner screws). The charger hooks onto that mounting plate and slides down. There are two screws that attach to those small wings you see (left and right) which prevent it from sliding up.

The two bullseye designs in the bottom are meant for you to cut open (I used a spade bit) if you plan to route the power in through the back.

The wiring was pretty easy & obvious ... it was the DIP switches that were a bit confusing because ... well ... have a look:

I'm not sure why the first two rows say "Invalid, default 48A, 60A CB" ... I took that to mean it's an invalid setting. If that's true, I'd rather they just say "invalid" or "don't use".

And then ... EIGHT (count 'em) different patterns that all result in 48A, 60A CB (which is what I wanted). Why eight? I sort of took that to mean that if D1 is ON then you get 48A, 60A CB ... regardless of the settings of D2 through D4.

And then there's D5 ... where the ON position is "Invalid, default 48A, 60A CB" again. So I set it to OFF.

Anyway ... after the install, I ran the setup app, connected it to Bluetooth, joined it to WiFi, named it, and added it to the Ford Pass app. It complained for the first 15 minutes or so about not being able to connect to server (there may have been a server side configuration or an update) but after a few minutes it stopped complaining and now it works fine.

I also "invited" my spouse to use it ... so that it shows up in both of our Ford Pass apps. That's another area where Ford's documentation could stand to be improved.
Seems odd to me that the multiple defaults would be the highest current rather than the lowest.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Funny story…..our home was built in 2015 just when Tesla’s were becoming popular, (yes..we are in Nor Cal). I have a plug right under the solar panel controller that is for a charger. When I went to the breaker box - look what I found…..

I will cross it out and put Ford in it’s place as soon as I get the car.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Connected Charge Station arrived! IMG_4181
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Connected Charge Station arrived! IMG_4182

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag

Do you have any images of the lights lit up, it on the wall, or it charging? Would also like to see the sizing and how far it sticks out. Did you put the little hanger it comes with on the wall too?