My Ford Dealer sold me $5000 premium maintenance plan, is it Worth it?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My Dealer added on a maintenance plan. It was a maintenance plan that only covered 2 visits. Basically the 10,000 maintenance and the 20,000 maintenance. The cost was $210. The dealer also gave me a $210 discount on the price making it free.
That is a Ford thing where they are paying for the first two visits which typically would be once a year. Funny how the shady dealers fail to mention it.

I have the same and if anyone wants to know if Ford is carefully reviewing contracts, they are.

the $210 was a credit and at not a cost to me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Dealer sold me $5000 premium maintenance plan, is it Worth it? Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.53.19 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Dealer sold me $5000 premium maintenance plan, is it Worth it? Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.53.48 PM

Last edited:

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Seconded. I have been looking at the online sellers of the extended warranties for Ford and I haven't found one with a better price than Ziegler so far. Anyone else know somewhere with a better value?
check out floodfordesp.com

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That is a Ford thing where they are paying for the first two visits which typically would be once a year. Funny how the shady dealers fail to mention it.

I have the same and if anyone wants to know if Ford is carefully reviewing contracts, they are.

the $210 was a credit and at not cost to me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Dealer sold me $5000 premium maintenance plan, is it Worth it? Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.53.48 PM

They were very up front about it being free. They didn't however, say it was a Ford thing. They kind of made it sound like it was something they do for their customers that's above and beyond what other dealers do.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
They were very up front about it being free. They didn't however, say it was a Ford thing. They kind of made it sound like it was something they do for their customers that's above and beyond what other dealers do.
Good thing for the forum :)

They won't get one over on us ;)

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Good thing for the forum :)

They won't get one over on us ;)
I know I'm going in loaded for bear whenever I can eventually pick mine up. I'm worried about snapping at the guy.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I never get the warranties, but since ill be going back to the office in Sept and driving 30k miles a year, i went with the 150k mile extended warranty for $3000. That will at least get me just past the 5 year mark. I also took the Options plan with the $2500 cash back, so figured that paid for it, for “free”.

JHolladay

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Ford Sales Manager
Country flag
Hi, when I bought my Mach E I was offered the Ford Maintenance plan and thinking that I don’t know what could go wrong to the battery or the computer that manages these… I bought it. It is less than 30 days ago so I should be able to cancel it. I was reading the manual last night and saw that the Battery is actually warranted up to 8 years. So now I’m thinking this Premium maintenance is not worth the $5000 that I bought it for. Did any of you purchase the Premium Maintenance plan too? If so How much?
I hate that some dealer did this. The Premium Maintenance plan is over price at $5000. The most that we offer it to our MME customers for is $690 for a 60month 100k coverage (when purchasing a MME from us, other wise this increment would be 798 - which still saves one money) This has value! It will take care of you Inspections, Tire rotations, air filters & if needed brake pads. I bought one for mine Tuesday.
As for the Premium Ford Protect plan. I also purchased one of those because it will take care of all of the technology in my MME. #JustMy2Cents

JHolladay

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Ford Sales Manager
Country flag
You should have signed a rebate form for the $210 so they could claim it. That is how the MME gets 2 services at no charge and gas burners get 3 (7500 mile increments). It is also a way for customers to take advantage and upgrade to the 60/100 for the MME for a reasonable price. That is if you have dealer with a business model like ours which has built is success on repeat owners and referrals.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
You should have signed a rebate form for the $210 so they could claim it. That is how the MME gets 2 services at no charge and gas burners get 3 (7500 mile increments). It is also a way for customers to take advantage and upgrade to the 60/100 for the MME for a reasonable price. That is if you have dealer with a business model like ours which has built is success on repeat owners and referrals.
The dealer I purchased this car from was 4 hours away in Salina Kansas. Judging from how they talk, they seem to do a lot of internet sales, and shipping cars to customers. They offered up to $1000 towards shipping of any car purchased. So offering free maintenance that works at any ford dealer made sense unlike all the other dealers around me that offer free services, but you can only get it done at that one dealer.

The -210 did show up as a rebate on my contract, but I don't remember signing a specific claim for that rebate. Unless it was just part of the maintenance contract.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Like the one I posted - #61

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
No actually that is the maintenance contract. You should have signed one of these as well as the contact.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Ford Dealer sold me $5000 premium maintenance plan, is it Worth it? image
I didn't sign one of those. It's titled "Alternative Offer Acknowledgement Form". Since it's an "Alternative Offer", wouldn't it be possible that not everyone received it?

JHolladay

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Ford Sales Manager
Country flag
I didn't sign one of those. It's titled "Alternative Offer Acknowledgement Form". Since it's an "Alternative Offer", wouldn't it be possible that not everyone received it?
If the dealer claimed it to pay for your premium service plan you should have signed one. If they get audited Ford can charge them back if they/we don’t have a signed copy.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If the dealer claimed it to pay for your premium service plan you should have signed one. If they get audited Ford can charge them back if they/we don’t have a signed copy.
Maybe some states or dealers have a different process on how the program works. I am confident my dealer will service my MME for free for two visits as noted. I most likely would not have agreed to sign the document you posted due to some of the language on it (my last attachment).

The doc you are showing looks like $210 in Ford Reward Points that is applied towards the maintenance program. They simply gave me a credit to $210 which I assume is paid to Ford as noted. I guess and really don't care how this happens but it appears Ford repays the dealer for my 2 free visits when they take place.

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 3.04.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 3.04.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.53.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.53.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 3.12.48 PM.png