My GT does not have a front camera WTF

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
You didn't have the opportunity to see what options were included with the car before spending $63k on it? Well, the good news is that you can order exactly what you want now and drive the one you have until it comes in. You'll likely be able to sell or trade it for a profit, particularly after the tax credit.
I wouldnā€™t fault the OP too much.

I blame Ford for using confusing naming and zero description.

Itā€™s not a huge leap to think something called ā€œco-pilot 360,ā€ would have a 360 camera.

The copilot 360 assist and copilot 360 active are just terrible names.

Instead of stupid ā€œnicknamesā€ on the sticker, it should just say what it is. Lane keep assist, 360 camera, hands free driving.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I wouldnā€™t fault the OP too much.

I blame Ford for using confusing naming and zero description.

Itā€™s not a huge leap to think something called ā€œco-pilot 360,ā€ would have a 360 camera.

The copilot 360 assist and copilot 360 active are just terrible names.

Instead of stupid ā€œnicknamesā€ on the sticker, it should just say what it is. Lane keep assist, 360 camera, hands free driving.
I donā€˜t fault anyone for not being able to decipher the window sticker. But if you have access to the car and do a test drive before purchasing, it should be apparent pretty quickly that it doesnā€™t have a front camera.

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
I assume you got the base GT with no options, like I did. That model does not have Blue Cruise capabilities or the 360 camera view. I don't miss Blue Cruise, but I do miss the 360 view. That would be super nice when parking. But the sensors are help enough.

I wonder about the front camera though. Our cars will read speed limit signs, so I think it must have a front camera. The question is, if it does not have a front camera, how does it read speed limit signs? And if it does have a front camera, how can we turn it on?
It will know the speed limit from MAPS just like Waze / Goolge Maps do. No need for a camera for that nonsense.

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
I see this is an option, seems lame that it is not standard. Is this common? I picked up a cancelled order and I did not notice this. When I pull up close to something, it just beeps and shows a generic car image with red on the front (radar below).
A great dash camera will act nearly the same way as a front camera. You can calibrate the distance and it will warn you of potential impact.

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Geezus -- regarding Ford's use of Co-Pilot 360 Assist versus Active. I probably would have missed this subtlety too.

Some marketing genius at Ford is most likely patting themselves on the back thinking they were clever for coming up with names that both start with "A". :mad:

I feel for OP on getting a sweet new car only to discover a missing feature!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Geezus -- regarding Ford's use of Co-Pilot 360 Assist versus Active. I probably would have missed this subtlety too.

Some marketing genius at Ford is most likely patting themselves on the back thinking they were clever for coming up with names that both start with "A". :mad:

I feel for OP on getting a sweet new car only to discover a missing feature!
Sure, but... It's a good thing they didn't go totally off the deep end and name it something stupid like Full Self Driving when it can't drive itself.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Could be worse - you could have bought a Volvo XC-90 thinking it had the self-parking feature. And then trying to show it off to friends....and then going to the dealership to find out what was going on....and then being told it's only on the next trim level up :)

Almost changed my last name to "Dumass"
Wait! My 2021 Volvo XC90 can park itself!?

romanservices

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE, FJ Cruiser, F150 EcoBoost, F-53
Country flag
Oh yes, no eye sensor, you are correct. So, I have to keep my hands on the wheel and my eyes on the road? How old fashioned! ?
Well technically with no eye sensors who's going to tell you to look at the road? So i guess all that's required is hands on the wheel?

Thats the no look hands on edition.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
without bluecruise and copilot active, you do not get the self parking on the Mach E either. I was shopping similar to the Op for a GT base. I decided I could not go without those specific options. Every GT available that had these options also came with a healthy ADM.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I've noticed all of the 2021 GTs I've seen on lots (5) as cancelled orders have been lacking the 360 degree camera, including the one I picked up this weekend. While I liked the 360 degree cameras on my Route 1 for parking, I never planned to activate the hands free Blue Cruise.

Perhaps the confusing nature of the Ford descriptions has contributed to the cancelled GT orders when people finally get their cars and realize it doesn't have that feature ?ā€ā™‚

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I assume you got the base GT with no options, like I did. That model does not have Blue Cruise capabilities or the 360 camera view. I don't miss Blue Cruise, but I do miss the 360 view. That would be super nice when parking. But the sensors are help enough.

I wonder about the front camera though. Our cars will read speed limit signs, so I think it must have a front camera. The question is, if it does not have a front camera, how does it read speed limit signs? And if it does have a front camera, how can we turn it on?
Lidar, I believe. A Tesla currently has no radar/lidar.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
It will know the speed limit from MAPS just like Waze / Goolge Maps do. No need for a camera for that nonsense.
My base select with no options has this camera. All do. Itā€™s not from any map - the MachE reads the speed limit signs.

vinuna

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e gt
Country flag
I was surprised also. I know I didnā€™t get blue cruise. But i was hoping for a camera for when Iā€™m parking.

Can we add them through ford or aftermarket?

noname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mache
Country flag
I guess it is useless as rear camera :) All washed out, blurry and deformed, especially after rain.
Sponsored