Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Hello,

Assuming you are talking about the green and red bars that come with a generic car image when pulling up to a wall (like inside your garage etc.), that is how the proximity alert displays, the camara view does Not come up automatically when going in front (this is to prevent people from looking at the camera instead of straight ahead while driving). Only in reverse mode, the camera is activated automatically. To activate the 360 view camera, click on the car symbol on the infotainment screen and select the camera option and select the view you want. I am not sure if I understood your problem but this is just assuming from my end. Please ignore if this is not what you are talking about.
Unfortunately, there is no camera in front (or sides) to activate as it does not have the optional co-pilot active option.
Sponsored

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
How close do you get to stuff in front of your bumper?

I have to be real close (less than 2 feet) for it to come on.
Ok, my bad. My camera does come on when I pull in to the garage, don't know what I was confused about.

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately, there is no camera in front (or sides) to activate as it does not have the optional co-pilot active option.
Wow, I also assumed that GT would have the copilot feature by default. Obviously my understanding was incorrect

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Wow, I also assumed that GT would have the copilot feature by default. Obviously my understanding was incorrect
The GT has Co-Pilot 360/Assist 2.0 as standard. The optional package that is only available with the Pano Roof is Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0. The naming is so seriously stupid due to similarity that I can’t begin to describe how much In want them to fire the mark genius who came up with those names. ??

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The GT has Co-Pilot 360/Assist 2.0 as standard. The optional package that is only available with the Pano Roof is Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0. The naming is so seriously stupid due to similarity that I can’t begin to describe how much In want them to fire the mark genius who came up with those names. ??
Thank you, I understand now.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I assume you got the base GT with no options, like I did. That model does not have Blue Cruise capabilities or the 360 camera view. I don't miss Blue Cruise, but I do miss the 360 view. That would be super nice when parking. But the sensors are help enough.

I wonder about the front camera though. Our cars will read speed limit signs, so I think it must have a front camera. The question is, if it does not have a front camera, how does it read speed limit signs? And if it does have a front camera, how can we turn it on?
Different camera in windshield vs bumper. Solid roof on GT... no bluecruise and no copilot360. I have both and favor the 360 camera interpretation over bluecruise. BC is great for long stretches of highway and no construction, and no traffic. Um... maybe too much to ask.

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Bill,

I don't think you were careless. There are some very confusing terminology used by Ford and it sounds like your dealer didn't really help you.

It does you no good beating yourself up. You might want to order another car with the options you want and then sell the one you have when the next one comes in. You might even make a profit on the 21 that you have!
Thanks - it really does eat at me! But I appreciate the sentiment. I have thought about it now, because they made it standard on the 22s and they have more range, but it is a huge hassle and I don't want to take a bath on this one for a glass roof.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Bringing this back. Did anyone successfully add the front camera?
I found part numbers for the camera and wiring harness but i'm not sure if it goes to an existing electronic module or if that module is non present and would need to be added too.
At this point i have not bought anything, just documenting this.
Sponsored