My GT PE window sticker confirms POWERED Ford Performance Seats

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I don't know, the order guide still says 8 way powered driver and 8 way manual passenger seats. Seems like any easy place to reduce weight. My Focus RS is the same way (power driver recaro seat and manual passenger). We rarely move the passenger seat so it doesn't really matter to me.

Its more important for the driver seat to be powered so it can work with the memory function. I've yet to see a car with memory buttons for a passenger seat (maybe some high-end luxury cars?).
The US spec RS powered seat is a bit of and oddity IMO as we never got the Recaro shell seat option over here :( and instead got the single powered seat as our upgrade option instead.

The US spec RS really just got the same as the US spec ST when it came to seats and the US spec ST was bean countered compared to the euro spec ST which had a powered driver & passenger seat in the top trim.

Still it is good see it being a typo as most of us hoped, had the GTPE turned up at the dealer with a manual seat it would have been an instant deal breaker for me, now I can instead base my keep it or walk away decision on how well it drives and how much the secondary display buzzes ?

Having a memory for a powered passage seat is very common in the premium brands sector, it is going to be interesting as more BEVS enter the market as to how well mainstream manufactures will compete in the long term if they are expecting people to pay a premium price while still giving them a mainstream priced interior.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
Thanks! There's at least one other forum member with the same July 4th build week: link.

Both of us were originally scheduled for the following week, 7/11. I don't know of anyone on this forum who was scheduled for 7/4 from the get-go, but I'm sure that someone somewhere probably was. :) I imagine many of the week 7/4 builds may go to higher-level company employees or go into company fleet inventory.
My GTPE has had a scheduled build week of 7/11 for a couple months now. Wish it would be pulled ahead to 7/4 :) No window sticker yet so looks like it will be 7/11 best case.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I don't know, the order guide still says 8 way powered driver and 8 way manual passenger seats. Seems like any easy place to reduce weight. My Focus RS is the same way (power driver recaro seat and manual passenger).
I'm just wishing there was a way to order 'performace' lightweight UNpowered seats for both sides at the time we ordered. I dislike the factory seats because of weight, non-breathable fabric, and lack of shoulder bolster....

I can replace'em, but I would have rathered ordered with decent performance seats.

427sideoiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue GTPE
Country flag
Like Carmel I have a week of 7/4 date. Just saw that my window sticker is available. No differences other than I see his Special Order date showed 06 29 21 where mine shows 07 03 21. I assume this means his build is early this week and mine will be late in the week? Only other difference was the $600 charge for Cyber Orange.

OP
OP

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What does your "item #" say? Mine is **-6926. The 6926 was the number from my DORA as well (says it's my order number which is different from my reservation number) so I was just curious if this number is a determining factor on build date?
My understanding is that it's a dealership-specific order number, so two people could potentially have the same number, even. It doesn't seem to affect build date - mine is greater than yours, for example.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
My GT PE window sticker was finally made available this morning. My build week is next week (7/4).

Here's the description of the seat:

FORD PERFORMANCE PWR/HTD
8-WAY FRONT SEATS, DRV/MEM

So, that's another point for a power passenger seat.

For those not familiar with the situation, there has been conflicting information about whether the passenger seat in the GT Performance Edition will be powered. it certainly makes sense that it would be since the standard GT has a powered passenger seat, and the PR videos seemed to confirm it (visible seat controls on passenger side). But there was some concern that the vehicles shown didn't reflect final specifications. And printed literature often mentioned a manual passenger seat.

The window sticker is attached below with uniquely identifying information removed.

windowsticker.png
This is awesome! I didn't even realize that but I'm glad. I figured it was a typo anyway. :) Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

OP
OP

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, I am still uncertain because in the "Options" section "Ford Performance Seats" is listed again there.
Just in case you missed the link in this thread, Ford has an official presence in this forum and has also confirmed the powered passenger seat in the GT PE.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Just in case you missed the link in this thread, Ford has an official presence in this forum and has also confirmed the powered passenger seat in the GT PE.
I did indeed miss that! Thanks much!

Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
You’re SE Michigan right? We need to start a club or something lol. I’m planning all these cool mods for my grabber blue gtpe! Still waiting on the damn build date though lol. Prob going 21 or 22” wheels and racing stripes for sure!
Sponsored