Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
TFL has their hands on a GTPE for some independent testing. Looks like we should expect some more detailed videos soon.

That’s interesting.

It’s the 2nd time someone said engage is supposed to be faster than unbridled for drag racing. Softer suspension = better traction? That’s all I can guess.

They also don’t appear to be doing anything with traction control.

I’m also confused as to why the 0-60 slowed down so much after just a few runs and when starting from 100%.

My GTPE doesn’t seem to have that issue. They’re assuming heat soak? It only seems to take a handful of seconds after a full throttle run to give you full power again so that’s confusing.

I am glad to see it crush the Taycan.

It was hard to figure out which Taycan, but based on the hp specs it’s the performance battery plus base model:
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/amp37853137/2021-porsche-taycan-pbp-by-the-numbers/

4.7 0-60 and 12.9 1/4 mile. So no surprise I guess.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
That’s interesting.

It’s the 2nd time someone said engage is supposed to be faster than unbridled for drag racing. Softer suspension = better traction? That’s all I can guess.

They also don’t appear to be doing anything with traction control.

I’m also confused as to why the 0-60 slowed down so much after just a few runs and when starting from 100%.

My GTPE doesn’t seem to have that issue. They’re assuming heat soak? It only seems to take a handful of seconds after a full throttle run to give you full power again so that’s confusing.

I am glad to see it crush the Taycan.

It was hard to figure out which Taycan, but based on the hp specs it’s the performance battery plus base model:
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/amp37853137/2021-porsche-taycan-pbp-by-the-numbers/

4.7 0-60 and 12.9 1/4 mile. So no surprise I guess.
The reason they say Unbridled Extend is faster is because they’re morons. That’s it. When Ford says it’s for track use they incorrectly assumed Ford meant all tracks, even 1/4 mile. They’re assumption is wrong. Ergo, they’re morons. ?

And I mentioned that Base PBP Taycan in another thread, everyone seeing that 116mph 1/4 trap speed. Nice. And that 0-130 time?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The reason they say Unbridled Extend is faster is because they’re morons. That’s it. When Ford says it’s for track use they incorrectly assumed Ford meant all tracks, even 1/4 mile. They’re assumption is wrong. Ergo, they’re morons. ?

And I mentioned that Base PBP Taycan in another thread, everyone seeing that 116mph 1/4 trap speed. Nice. And that 0-130 time?
They said “engaged” is faster, not unbridled extend.

Where do you see a trap speed for the Taycan? I found the 12.9 1/4 mile from Car & Driver but the article didn’t say a trap speed.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those numbers seem odd.

That’s a slow launch for an awd BEV, also an unusually high trap speed for only a 12.9 1/4 mile.

Maybe a typo? The one number that doesn’t line up is the 115 trap.

It is possible they made it launch really slow and then very fast at high speeds, but it would basically be the opposite of the Mach E GT.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Those numbers seem odd.

That’s a slow launch for an awd BEV, also an unusually high trap speed for only a 12.9 1/4 mile.

It is possible they made it launch really slow and then very fast at high speeds, but it would basically be the opposite of the Mach E GT.
Look at the hp/tq numbers. Porsche is purposely manipulating the electric motor output to more closely mimic ICE characteristics. At least in the Taycan Base and Base with the PB+ set up. That 115 trap speed is real. Note the 130mph time of 16.4 secs. Porsche is sacrificing the launch in the Base Taycan because it’s RWD and wouldn’t handle a huge hit of electric motor torque like the AWD 4S/Turbo models can. But, in doing so, they were able to give it some serious top end pull. Plus, the 2-speed transmission helps up top.

Even Tesla 3Ps that run 11.6@116mph 1/4s struggle to get into the 16s to 130. And they really flatten out after that point.

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Those numbers seem odd.

I think that is showing what the 2 speed transmission can achieve in terms of continued acceleration past the 0 to 60, and It's something you usually only see in v8 engines like the Lexus RC F

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Look at the hp/tq numbers. Porsche is purposely manipulating the electric motor output to more closely mimic ICE characteristics. At least in the Taycan Base and Base with the PB+ set up. That 115 trap speed is real. Note the 130mph time of 16.4 secs. Porsche is sacrificing the launch in the Base Taycan because it’s RWD and wouldn’t handle a huge hit of electric motor torque like the AWD 4S/Turbo models can. But, in doing so, they were able to give it some serious top end pull. Plus, the 2-speed transmission helps up top.

Even Tesla 3Ps that run 11.6@116mph 1/4s struggle to get into the 16s to 130. And they really flatten out after that point.
Ah, rwd. I definitely missed that point.

No doubt they are limiting the power down low so you don’t roast the tires.

The passing power of that car should be impressive even if the 0-60 is only ok.

So it really is the opposite of the Mach E GTPE.

If I had to pick between the two in terms of acceleration, I’d stick with the current Mach E acceleration. More useful for my driving.
Sponsored