Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
How to charge near 100% at track in rural areas? Track owner and I chuckled when I asked if he had 240V outlet anywhere.

You could take a generator with you that has 220 outlet capabilities

Should tire pressure be lowered for test on drag strip? (if so, what pressure?)

Yes that helps but your 60' is pretty awesome so far. You'll have to play with this, I would try around 30 psi then slowly drop down to around 20 lowest with your radials.

Front tire squeal due to front end rising at launch, creating lower traction, does it make sense to add weight to the front for more traction?

No, that's acting as designed you want weight transfer and a little front squeal is fine.

In Unbridled Extend mode, if no traction control, is it best to keep the go pedal at max and spin the wheels? Or lighten up? That could take some trial and error.

I would try "power braking" like I did on my Premium. Hold the brake down and then floor it, it will move forward a little bit and then hold easily. Lift off the brake to launch. You can try that on the street easily. I'd get a draggy to play around with too.
Sponsored

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I'm pretty sure unbridled extend limits peak power to prevent the battery/other electronics from overheating to allow for "extended time" on a track before the car goes into limp mode, and therefore would probably be slower in a straight line. Regular unbridled with traction control off is probably your best bet if you can get a good launch.

Cold batteries have less voltage but I kind of doubt that was problem (however if they are very hot they may reduce power).

Lower tire pressure may help as they are probably set high for reduced rolling resistance (range).
Agreed. Unbridled Extended mode should make it slower, not faster.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
That slip is all over the place, ECU is definitely doing something wonky. The 1.8 60' is pretty awesome compared to my 2.1 especially on stock tire sizes but the MPH and ET are not lining up at all. Definitely needs to be in track mode for best effort.
Mine was still in Transport Mode when I drove it on Saturday so I was limited in adjusting some settings. I'll see if I can find time to head down to Mexico later this week and see if I notice any difference between Unbridled and Unbridled Extend.

Jeebus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Laundry list
Country flag
Something is seriously wrong with that trap speed. If the OP didn't lift, then I would say ford has some major issues with software or hardware.

If I don't see some massive improvements in other member cars or an admission by ford that they goofed and are working on software, I will be canceling my GT PE order.

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Here's a pretty similar slip from a car that weighs about the same as the Mach E.
Your MPH is really, really off compared to the ET.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 1630349478440

Something is definitely holding the power back, MPH is all HP.

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Actually it's really close to what our old 18 Navigator did but it's a BRICK compared to the Mach E and 6Klbs so almost 1500lbs heavier. Our 60' was better but your lighter weight/more power pulled around us by the 660' but your MPH fell off massively from 1000 to 1/4 mile.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
My fears were justified, OP let off the throttle before the 1/4 mile traps. The 1/8 mile mph is right at 87, so, the 1/4 mile should be in the 110 range somewhere. I believe the 4X traps approx. 80-82mph in the 1/8th and 101-103.5mph in the 1/4 based on reviews I’ve read/seen. @mtxpert can chime in. The GTPE is much faster up top, without a doubt.

That also means the early-lift 12.56 will likely be into the 12.1-12.3 range pretty easily just by staying in it through the traps.

Nice 60ft. Don’t listen to people telling you to lower your tire psi too much:

1. Your PE is over 5000lbs loaded and your tires need the psi to support that weight. Plus, higher psi is better for trap speed.

2. Street radials don’t “gain” traction at really low psi from deformation like drag radials or slicks do. In fact, they get worse.

I really wouldn’t go lower than 5-6 psi below the Ford spec. It is AWD after all, not a rwd tire spinning monster ?.

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Definitely shows that a set of drag radials all the way around will make the car fun if the tune will allow for 1.3/1.4 60's :D

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Just joined the forum!

I think a lot of folks are trying to compare this to a ICE drag car, when an EV is very different. Power falls off fast at higher rpms and you only have 1 gear. This type of behavior is expected.

Note: this is still faster (barely) than my 2019 GT350 could do, which is lighter weight has and more HP - proving the benefits of AWD, no shifting, and gobs of low end torque.

My wife as a Mach-e GT on order. Good to know that she can only get away from me for a quarter mile or so ?

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Just joined the forum!

I think a lot of folks are trying to compare this to a ICE drag car, when an EV is very different. Power falls off fast at higher rpms and you only have 1 gear. This type of behavior is expected.

Note: this is still faster (barely) than my 2019 GT350 could do, which is lighter weight has and more HP - proving the benefits of AWD, no shifting, and gobs of low end torque.

My wife as a Mach-e GT on order. Good to know that she can only get away from me for a quarter mile or so ?
Trapping lower than a typical ICE car is expected, trapping lower than the regular Mach-e despite having 130+ more horsepower should not be expected.

The GT should trap 110+.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Just joined the forum!

Welcome! ICE and EVs are different, yes, but the GT/PE is capable of low 12s and 110-114mph just based on physics. 4Xs trap 103.5mph and they’re down 140/200 hp/tq to the GTs.

OP won’t lift before the 1320 traps next time out ???.

Also, my next car is a ‘19-20 GT350, love them. Driven two of them but only for short tests drives. Made a few 8200rpm shifts though. Voodoo forever haha.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Ford better lift the review embargo soon or word is gonna get out that the GT can't do any better than a 100 mph trap.
Sponsored