Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
"Important Information" lol

They can say that all they want, and say hey it's in writing, but they know as well as anyone else if they put 3.5 seconds it better be at or damn close to it if they want to make sales and not look like fools. Ford's been around too long for that, they probably put that there for the people who get a 3.6 second run and want to complain about it.
This keeps getting better by the minute. Now we know why the GTs spit the bit around 70-80mph in a 1/4 mile run. They only ever ran in simulations, and shorter ones at that.
OK GT owners, better buy some good GAP insurance because you’re gonna need it on the highway rolls. ???
Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 27B7D8F6-6B4D-4CD7-AFB4-8E00892FE315
Sponsored

Brazenbuck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE | Shelby GT500
Country flag
This keeps getting better by the minute. Now we know why the GTs spit the bit around 70-80mph in a 1/4 mile run. They only ever ran in simulations, and shorter ones at that.
OK GT owners, better buy some good GAP insurance because you’re gonna need it on the highway rolls. ???
Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 27B7D8F6-6B4D-4CD7-AFB4-8E00892FE315
It’ll run 10.9x. In the matrix.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Also curious that now it's out with TheDrive how long will other publications sit on it and not try to get the scoop for their subscribers. This could be a really good push for results since each publication won't want to be beaten to the punch, and now the next push is who's going to get the first answer from Ford?
To be fair, it’s not really an article. They basically just reposted OUR content.

Waiting for a publication to do their own actual testing.

I do appreciate them reaching out to Ford for a response though.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
To be fair, it’s not really an article. They basically just reposted OUR content.

Waiting for a publication to do their own actual testing.

I do appreciate them reaching out to Ford for a response though.
It doesn't matter though, because how many people knew about macheforums? Only the hardcore MME people. How many people read TheDrive? It doesn't matter if they're reposting our content because the vast majority of people who read TheDrive never knew about this issue until just now, which will make waves and hopefully push other publications to do the same which will push it further. Keeping it here doesn't really help us find a resolution.

Also as we already know you're going to be waiting until after the embargo for publications to post their test results. That's not going to change. It's actually really smart that TheDrive did this because this is them bringing up the issue and getting around the embargo rules to show everyone that there's an issue going on that Ford needs to address

vakane

First Name
Rinel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Based on a calculation of a simulation. Does it get any more non committal than that?
It is a stretch to call it no committal when Ford marketing are officially using statements like this, Ok it is Ford Europe but the GT trim is automatically a GTPE, sure they add is some small print with a cut off date of July 2021, which technically rules out the model Y, but that date does include the model 3 which the mach-e has been compared to against multiple times and host of other EV's that all trap faster so with the posted figures so far it does not lead the class in acceleration.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 1631800708392

t12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 1631800708392

“Your results may vary”. This is going to get good.
Oh my. That probably explains why nobody has done a 3.5 yet. I'm all for running simulations and utilizing computer aided design, but publishing performance numbers that can't be backed up seems like a sure way to shoot oneself in the foot.

Brazenbuck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE | Shelby GT500
Country flag
It is a stretch to call it no committal when Ford marketing are officially using statements like this, Ok it is Ford Europe but the GT trim is automatically a GTPE, sure they add is some small print with a cut off date of July 2021, which technically rules out the model Y, but that date does include the model 3 which the mach-e has been compared to against multiple times and host of other EV's that all trap faster so with the posted figures so far it does not lead the class in acceleration.

What’s footnote #2?

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
Does my old man’s GT500 count? He’s still pissed about manual transmission going away…

Hey now, don't forget us 2013 Fusion Hybrid people ordering our GT's. Lol.

Well I guess you have to consider the crazy 92 supercharged LX I used to have which also puts me into the GT crowd.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Besides the publicity, that article gives an excellent explanation of the difficulty of keeping good acceleration in a car with an electric motor at high RPMs.
Difficult but possible. Tesla is obviously doing it, as well as Kia, etc., etc.

jasaero

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Colorado Diesel/2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Whew! Finally found the article I read long ago that gave me the idea induction was for performance in the Tesla world causing some of my back and forth with brofessional had came from as I knew Tesla had kept Induction for the higher performance drive.

https://www.tesla.com/blog/induction-versus-dc-brushless-motors

Might be aversion to digging into into inverter complexity to get stable speed controls from an induction motor that has others never using induction often outside tesla even now. Porsche just did a 2 speed....something they knew.

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
Article quality aside, more publicity of our frustrations is good in my eyes. Simply any article whose title alone raises the question of an issue also a plus for our case... tho I see it both ways too

Keeping my glass half full here ? :p

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
What’s footnote #2?
Footnote #2 is the date as of july 2021, hence the model Y could technically be excluded as that was not yet for sale at that time in Europe however the model 3 was, but then we get into what class as ford thinking as for all I know they may have the mach-e GT in a class of one, so it wins by default lol, however other early marking in europe for the GT had similar nothing is faster in its class 0-100kph (0-62 mph) of 3.7 complete with small print * 1ft roll out which is not the standard for most people in Europe.

Either way it doesn't matter which side of the pond you are on marketing is pushing the performance aspect so it needs to live up to that, so eventually we are either going to get a load of belated press reviews that are either going to live up to that promise or we don't if its the former then existing owners will be expecting an incoming TSB to fix the issue, currently the balls in ford court but the lack of response just continues with the impression that they have fumbled it.