Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
To the OP (and any other GT/GTPE folks that have taken delivery of their cars), is it still fun to drive? I know we have been relentlessly pounding on the car for the past few weeks, which had to have taken the bloom off the rose. This is a serious question, though. Are you still happy, or do you regret buying it? There are some people here that will have to make the decision whether to commit in the next few weeks/months, and it would be good to hear whether or not you still get giddy when you get behind the wheel. Maybe for normal, daily driving the thing delivers the goods. Thanks in advance.
I just got mine and I love it! Drives super smooth and has tons of power. Getting on the highway I can easily and dangerously hit 100 before I even get off the ramp.
Sponsored

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
So much of this is crazy, especially if you're my age or older (at 42). We used to dream of getting something like the original Viper that came out running mid 12 second runs off the showroom floor, bone stock. Now we're complaint that it only runs 12.5 seconds instead of 12 seconds.

Should it be addressed, if not completely fixed? Yes. Will I be butthurt about only having a 12.5 second car instead of a 12 second car? No.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
If Ford can make this quicker in the 1/4 mile it will do nothing other than make it faster in the quarter mile.
This just isn’t true. The “problem” occurs at normal highway speeds. This isn’t just a quarter mile drag racing issue.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
This just isn’t true. The “problem” occurs at normal highway speeds. This isn’t just a quarter mile drag racing issue.
No entirely. My 50-70 and 70-100 pulls on the highway were significantly faster than my pull on the 1/4 mile drag strip. Well, I guess what you're saying is correct; even though my highway pulls are faster, doesn't mean they shouldn't be faster than that! :) I don't disagree with that.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
No entirely. My 50-70 and 70-100 pulls on the highway were significantly faster than my pull on the 1/4 mile drag strip. Well, I guess what you're saying is correct; even though my highway pulls are faster, doesn't mean they shouldn't be faster than that! :) I don't disagree with that.
Significantly faster than your 1/4 but still significantly slower than a model Y.

it’s not just a 1/4 mile issue. From a 60 roll the car is just slow.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
So much of this is crazy, especially if you're my age or older (at 42). We used to dream of getting something like the original Viper that came out running mid 12 second runs off the showroom floor, bone stock. Now we're complaint that it only runs 12.5 seconds instead of 12 seconds.

Should it be addressed, if not completely fixed? Yes. Will I be butthurt about only having a 12.5 second car instead of a 12 second car? No.
It’s not the overall time that’s the issue,
It’s how it gets there.

Launches like a supercar then at speed is like a minivan.

That’s not really practical for daily driving a performance vehicle.

If they change nothing, would anyone really choose this setup for a mid 12 second car?

I would rather have something than runs 12.5 at 112 mph, even if the 0-60 is a little slower (would be around 4 seconds) than 3.6 and 12.5 at 100 mph.

But what we really want is 12.0 at 116 mph. And that’s a HUGE difference from where we are right now.

It’s not the 1/2 second that’s the issue. It’s the 16 mph.

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
My GTPE finally showed up at my house yesterday afternoon. Granted I've only put ~40mi on it, but most of which were pedal down.... Sadly, came up with same expected results as the bunch :/

Without much effort though, and in limited testing it appears to be a consistent 3.8x-3.9x (3.6x-3.7x 1ft) 0-60 & 1/8th #s also pretty steady at 7.8x-7.9x@86-87 | 30-50 1.33-1.34s, 50-70 2.00s, 60-80 2.52-2.54s (all #s are from pulls from zero), Of the bunch, my bests:

0-60 : 3.86(3.63 1ft) | 1.92 60ft | 0-10 .54 | 0-20 1.11 | 0-30 1.68 | 0-40 2.27 | 0-50 2.98| +1.23% | 95% SOC
1/8th : [email protected] | 1.95 60ft | -.10% slope | 93% SOC

All those were on a less than ideal asphalt merging lane & 65* Temps . Only 1/4mi pull may have been cut short, but was [email protected]. When I some more runs in, ill share some offical dragys to the Crowdshare thread.

To the OP (and any other GT/GTPE folks that have taken delivery of their cars), is it still fun to drive? I know we have been relentlessly pounding on the car for the past few weeks, which had to have taken the bloom off the rose. This is a serious question, though. Are you still happy, or do you regret buying it? There are some people here that will have to make the decision whether to commit in the next few weeks/months, and it would be good to hear whether or not you still get giddy when you get behind the wheel. Maybe for normal, daily driving the thing delivers the goods. Thanks in advance.
I'm probably a lil premature to give a good constructive review, but will say I am a little disappointed (solely on top end power category). I spend a bit of time at the dragstrip, and was more in the camp of the EV for its straight-line potential, so my opinions are heavily weighted there.
I've spoken elsewhere on the topic, but well aware no stats were promised on the aspect I have issue with, but did expect a 480hp machine and not a 480hp tapering half that. Very hopeful and anxious of an update on that front ?. No update, im likley still good with the purchase and am betting all the other tech and EV aspects may outshine the other shortcoming. It is a great looking little SUV. This was purchased to be my wife's car, so not the end of the world for me, but like others was on fence for the X3M and that range of perf, but wont go down that road. In summary, its likely a good buy for most that arnt all about the #s. Im sure i'll have more to say after more seat time ? Cheers

Last edited:

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
That is good to hear, hope to test those soon too
Do you have the power meter in your car where? It would be good to see like 80-100 and see if it just starts at a lower power level from the start. It's either a permanent power cut at 75-80 mph, or it's a voltage reduction from being on the accelerator for X seconds that ends up being at 75-80 mph.

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was dragy logging many data points but the traffic in mexico was limiting and not sure which were 100%. As for the one 1/4mi pull that I may have pulled early on:

slope -.05%
60ft: 1.93
0-10: .52
0-20: 1.11
0-30: 1.69
0-40: 2.28
0-50: 3.00
0-60: 3.92
0-60 1ft: 3.71
30-50: 1.31
50-70: 2.02
70-90: 4.00
70-100: 7.94
60-80: 2.58
60-100: 9.04
80-100: 6.46
330ft: 5.15
1/8 [email protected]
1000ft [email protected]
1/4 [email protected]

Hope to trial those higher speed measurements at cruising speeds soon, and not under load from zero

It 100% falls off well before the 1/8mi, so those #s arnt worth much IMO

Last edited:

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray Metallic Premium Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
Most people Live in the Zero to 60 world so that might be where focus should be. IF Ford is going to
talk All Out Performance, then they should back it up. I have Turbocharged motorcycles in the
garage if I want to go fast. Zero to 60 means little to me so that wasn't a concern when I got my
MME. I got the Runt, Standard Battery, Rear Wheel drive. All models are Great. If buying it for what it
is, wonderful, but don't buy a " Performance Car " only to find out that it ISN'T and justify the
price tag with " Well it's still a nice car. "

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
^ Agreed.

In over 20+yrs racing cars this is the first time i've cared about and recorded the 0-60 figures... Which is also why some folks out there are so confused why the 1/4mi 60-130 etc are such a big deal to us.

guyofthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt and MME GT, ICE F-150.
Occupation
airplane driver
Country flag
This is exactly the question that I would like to see answered, too. However, there are several posts around the internet where people are thrilled with their MME GT or GTPE. As I said in a different forum, I am looking forward to getting my MME GTPE as soon as it comes in! It's got sporty styling, great acceleration, smooth handling with the magneride suspension and Brembro brakes, comfortable seats (as a few users have posted, but I can't wait to see for myself), elegant interior with B+O sound system, plus 260 miles range. What's not to like, 0.6 seconds slower than a Model Y in the 1/4 mile? I don't care. If Ford updates the software to allow faster 60-110 mph times in the future, so much the better, but that would be a bonus for me. The vehicle certainly seems like the nicest SUV in its class already! One owner warned that he had to pull over into the passing lane before hitting the accelerator, otherwise he got too close too quickly to the car he was passing. That seems like good enough highway passing speed for me.
I agree completely.

guyofthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt and MME GT, ICE F-150.
Occupation
airplane driver
Country flag
My GTPE finally showed up at my house yesterday afternoon. Granted I've only put ~40mi on it, but most of which were pedal down.... Sadly, came up with same expected results as the bunch :/

Without much effort though, and in limited testing it appears to be a consistent 3.8x-3.9x (3.6x-3.7x 1ft) 0-60 & 1/8th #s also pretty steady at 7.8x-7.9x@86-87 | 30-50 1.33-1.34s, 50-70 2.00s, 60-80 2.52-2.54s (all #s are from pulls from zero), Of the bunch, my bests:

0-60 : 3.86(3.63 1ft) | 1.92 60ft | 0-10 .54 | 0-20 1.11 | 0-30 1.68 | 0-40 2.27 | 0-50 2.98| +1.23% | 95% SOC

All those were on a less than ideal asphalt merging lane & 65* Temps . Only 1/4mi pull may have been cut short, but was [email protected]. When I some more runs in, ill share some offical dragys to the Crowdshare thread.

I'm probably a lil premature to give a good constructive review, but will say I am a little disappointed (solely on top end power category). I spend a bit of time at the dragstrip, and was more in the camp of the EV for its straight-line potential, so my opinions are heavily weighted there.
I've spoken elsewhere on the topic, but well aware no stats were promised on the aspect I have issue with, but did expect a 480hp machine and not a 480hp tapering half that. Very hopeful and anxious of an update on that front ?. No update, im likley still good with the purchase and am betting all the other tech and EV aspects may outshine the other shortcoming. It is a great looking little SUV. This was purchased to be my wife's car, so not the end of the world for me, but like others was on fence for the X3M and that range of perf, but wont go down that road. In summary, its likely a good buy for most that arnt all about the #s. Im sure i'll have more to say after more seat time ? Cheers
Great post. Thanks.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag

Got my GTPE late last weekend just as I was due to go away for the week for work, so also have had limited time in it and no real chance to do any testing (my first thoughts on it it are in the motorweek thread) but my butt dyno easily feels the power tapering off.

The initial launch is good but it drops off quickly, but compared to any performance any car that launches to 60 in the high 2.'s to high 3's is going it gives you the same shove but that acceleration is not even remotely sustained like you would expect.

I suspect a lot of people will be fooled by that initial shove, for those getting the GTPE for other reasons (I am primarily in that boat) then they will no doubt be satisfied but those expecting the sustained performance up to the top speed and want to enjoy the acceleration carrot that a performance EV can offer I feel that they are going to be in for a disappointment.

If is is just Ford being ultra conservative for dumb reasons, then the potential is certainly there if it can be made to maintain that initial lunch, once more competition like the EV6 GT drops next year a performance variant that doesn't live up to the performance expectations may still be fine for some but I suspect it will start to become a much harder sell for Ford so at that point if its not a battery / motor limitation ford may have to undo the shackles.
Sponsored