Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
It launches like a bat out of hell and then falls on its face around 75 mph.

I never sniffed a 3.5 0-60 though more like 3.8 or 3.9 (with 1' rollout) but to be fair that's with two 200 pound guys in it so to me it's pretty much mission accomplished for 0-60, it's just past that that it is disappointing.
Sponsored

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Well a second test vehicle is always appreciated. Looks like that is just how Ford has programmed the carā€™s performance.

I guess the question now is whether or not Ford will address it or are they content to leave it that way.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Well a second test vehicle is always appreciated. Looks like that is just how Ford has programmed the carā€™s performance.

I guess the question now is whether or not Ford will address it or are they content to leave it that way.
If they truly were gunning for the Model Y Performance then they have missed their mark

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I never sniffed a 3.5 0-60 though more like 3.8 or 3.9 (with 1' rollout) but to be fair that's with two 200 pound guys in it so to me it's pretty much mission accomplished for 0-60, it's just past that that it is disappointing.
Are you buying it or passing on the car?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
?

Iā€™m getting nervous about my normal GTā€¦
I wonder if it could go the other way, with the returning Ford did to get the extra torque in the GTPE impacting top end performance (I know, wishful thinking)

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
If they truly were gunning for the Model Y Performance then they have missed their mark
I would be inclined to agree. The performance up to the 1/8th mile looks close enough to be considered competitive with it, but after that it really falls off fast. I know the standard Mach-E also falls off on the top end vs. an equivalent Tesla, but I was expecting that cliff to be north of 100 mph on the GT

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Pushrods guy here. ?

Since Iā€™ve been blocked by Frankie and/or Frankie1 and canā€™t see his posts, Iā€™ll just say this: Sad run my friend. Oh well. Donā€™t buy it I guess. Or buy and wait for the fix.

This doesnā€™t change my stance one bit that the underlying numbers show 12.0-12.2 capability with trap speeds of 110+mph. Maybe the embargo was in order for them to figure out the fix, who knows.

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag

This is my concern. My own car will never see a track. I like the launch but am still disappointed it struggles to hit advertised 0-60 for even the regular GT (maybe with one 200# guy it could?). Did Ford think buyers wouldn't notice, or turn off their Dragys at 60mph? They lead with that 3.5 claim - you see it in every ad or video on this car. If you thought people had a problem with co-opting the Mustang name before, well...

The fact that it runs out of beans at 75mph is a big problem. Huge. In many states, that's a legal speed limit. I can't pass someone with confidence from 75mph? WTF. Again, I will never track the car, but that trap speed is a good indication of what I can expect in real-world applications. If there is a software solution, Ford should probably get on that, like yesterday.

If the EV6 lives up to expectation, there will be a line around the block, down the street and into the next town of folks wanting to buy it. The one thing Ford has going for it is that the Mach-e is (sort of) available now. Having said that, $66k is a lot of money to spend to be a little disappointed every time you get in the car.

Last edited:

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
The real kick in the nuts is when you need to enter your credit card number to get the "performance tune update." Assuming the battery and or motors have any more to give.

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
I am seriously considering ditching my reservation and going with a Model 3 Performance. At least its speed is a known entity. Been super stoked about my GT ever since my order, but this is concerning. I donā€™t want to just rely on a software update fixing thisā€¦

Some clarity from Ford would be appreciated!

Jeebus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Laundry list
Country flag
I am seriously considering ditching my reservation and going with a Model 3 Performance. At least its speed is a known entity. Been super stoked about my GT ever since my order, but this is concerning. I donā€™t want to just rely on a software update fixing thisā€¦

100% with ya. I'm fine losing to a Model Y Perf in a straight line, but not destroyed this hard. This wasn't intended to be a drag racer but it needs to do better than what we're seeing here.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I know this his been covered and re-covered, but, the 100-101 trap isnā€™t the only issue Iā€™m seeing now.

1. There are now multiple runs with 2.0X 60ft times, which, is, frankly, rubbish for an awd EV making 600+ lb ft of tq. The 428lb ft 4X matches those short times. I believe the TCS could be intervening early and needs to be switched off for best runs. Also, I bet you need to brake-torque it to get instant shove rather than just matting the throttle. At least thatā€™s what I recall from the 4X runs we did.

2. The fact that relatively tepid 1.9-2.0 60 fts still net sub-4 0-60 times is encouraging, as are the 7.90-8.0 1/8th miles @ 86-87mph. So, thereā€™s strong pull into the mid-80s.

3. None of this diminishes what looks to be a very capable handler, however, it will be hindered on many bigger tracks. COTA is the one nearest to me and fast-ish street cars can see 130s-140s on the big straight. Yikes.

And I still stand by my comments that when all is said and done, the GTPE will put down the mph that it has the potential to, just like the 4X and std rwd models do.

Last edited:

CharleyCarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE In Production
Country flag

I actually cancelled a M3P order for a variety of reasons beyond the scope of this thread, including a Tesla surprise decision, which I surmised was secretly related to material shortages, to remove parts and features from the car, in addition to a lack of some standard features common to the $60k+ price range.

If the GTPE falls short of the hype, Iā€™ll probably go back to ICE for a few years. Electric in itself isnā€™t enough to keep me on the hook.

I remember an interview in which a Ford rep said the GTPE is built to nearly keep up with a porsche GTS - I really bought that line.
Sponsored