buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
With 2 data points, it seems more likely this is within spec. (and if it's not, what does that say about quality control?) I was just watching this video of GTPE running on the Ford test track the other day. Did they never exceed 75mph during testing? This boggles the mind.
I should have added if you watch the b-roll footage that has a launch then no it only goes to 76mph before slowing down.

Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Thank you for gathering this data.

With 2 data points, it seems more likely this is within spec. (and if it's not, what does that say about quality control?) I was just watching this video of GTPE running on the Ford test track the other day. Did they never exceed 75mph during testing? This boggles the mind.

3.8s/3.9s 0-60 isn't that satisfying either. That's consistent with OP's best result (3.78s). I was hoping that Ford would under promise and over deliver on the 0-60 time like certain European manufacturer, but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

7qk23sjcirdyi0hpxo5hjzn71mwlu81l5ovy395t&rid=giphy.gif
I’d argue that we have 1 set of runs with video and Dragy runs to back it up and then one Dragy run without any additional verification. Let’s get 3-4 others and then see. And some non-PE GTs as well, perhaps there’s a PE specific ECU situation occurring.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I should have added if you watch the b-roll footage that has a launch then no it only goes to 76mph before slowing down.

In that B-roll, the acceleration is slowing down pretty substantially before 75 as well

Last edited:

Coyote Chaser

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I can't tell if posts like this are sarcasm.
Not at all! Back in 2015, a lot of Ford Mustang fans really slammed the Ecoboost! But guys like Brad Gusler took a then 14 second car, all the way to the high nines!
I'm hoping to see NMRA open a class, so that you guys can come racing with us.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph Screenshot_2021-09-01-14-57-18

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Not at all! Back in 2015, a lot of Ford Mustang fans really slammed the Ecoboost! But guys like Brad Gusler took a then 14 second car, all the way to the high nines!
Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph Screenshot_2021-09-01-14-57-18
What mods do you think we should focus on first

Coyote Chaser

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I’d argue that we have 1 set of runs with video and Dragy runs to back it up and then one Dragy run without any additional verification. Let’s get 3-4 others and then see. And some non-PE GTs as well, perhaps there’s a PE specific ECU situation occurring.
Most local tracks have what they call test and tune on Friday night, and many will permit, what they call grudge racing on the same night. Should not be to difficult to find a few Mach E owners/racers who live close enough to each other to meet at a near by track!

Last edited:

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I appreciate the optimism but this isn’t an ICE car. You can’t modify the engine to get extra power easily. On an EV you’re limited to swapping wheels/tires, getting software updates, or gutting the interior of the car to make it faster.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I appreciate the optimism but this isn’t an ICE car. You can’t modify the engine to get extra power easily. On an EV you’re limited to swapping wheels/tires, getting software updates, or gutting the interior of the car to make it faster.
Not true, power electronics can be upgraded to be more efficient (less losses) or to overvolt the motors. This will hurt life, but for racing would be OK. The motors themselves can be upgraded too

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I am that B-roll, the acceleration is slowing down pretty substantially before 75 as well
Are you saying you were in the car?

This is a weird one because it's gradually slowing down to 75mph almost like he's slowly lifting off the pedal. Even around 45-50mph it drops off. I guess my point is that I feel like with that amount of drop off it wouldn't even get to 100mph.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag

This is a weird one because it's gradually slowing down to 75mph almost like he's slowly lifting off the pedal. Even around 45-50mph it drops off. I guess my point is that I feel like with that amount of drop off it wouldn't even get to 100mph.
To me it looks like he’s approaching a curve when he hits 75 mph and is slowing down for that. You can see just a small glimpse of the road in that shot.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag

Nope, just an autocorrect typo I missed ("I am" should have be "In"

Coyote Chaser

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag

It's possible that the ECU is slowing the car down to protect it from damage...?
You may want to consider testing at an 1/8 mile track. I did something similar with my Ecoboost where I lifted at 1000' (point of intercooler heat soak and ECU timing reduction). I did this for a complete racing season to collect information and prepare for off season modifications.

Last edited: