cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
Ok, what if I told y’all I just got this from the Area Ford guy I know, who, got it from a ride/drive engineer on the MME project? Non-PE GT. Perhaps the PE is the problem?
2952B3A7-8FFE-44FF-8DD6-7F2419FEEBB9.png
Interesting. Does the math put the PE in the 11s if it wasn't programmed like a Pacifica? Did he mention whether they're going to give us PE owners an OTA or dealer fix?

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
Ok, what if I told y’all I just got this from the Area Ford guy I know, who, got it from a ride/drive engineer on the MME project? Non-PE GT. Perhaps the PE is the problem? ?
Oh snap. Crazy. Definitely not regretting my normal GT selection if that’s the case. ?

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, what if I told y’all I just got this from the Area Ford guy I know, who, got it from a ride/drive engineer on the MME project? Non-PE GT. Perhaps the PE is the problem? ?
With several GTs delivered now, we should be able to verify those numbers soon.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Well, it's not gonna fall up...
No, I meant nose down, rear down, bottom down, etc. Will impact effective frontal area and drag coefficient.

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
With several GTs delivered now, we should be able to verify those numbers soon.
And is there a best strategy for launch if a track noob got out there (like I would be)? Clearly Unbridled (but extend off). One pedal and auto hold on or off? TC? Do you just floor it immediately or would you spin out too much?

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
No, I meant nose down, rear down, bottom down, etc. Will impact effective frontal area and drag coefficient.
I can see I won't get away with any shortcuts on this forum!

For the record: free fall, at sea level, on Earth. I.e. no atmosphere, no drag. Shape, orientation, and CD are thus all irrelevant.

secretvampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Gray MME GT
Country flag
Oh snap. Crazy. Definitely not regretting my normal GT selection if that’s the case. ?
Hahah me neither, though I just didn’t see the value proposition in the PE extra features for the price premium (and, well, I like the interior on the regular GT better).

This will be shocking if it turns out to be something that is PE specific, but… also suggests it should be easily fixable in the ECU somewhere, in theory.

EDIT: That was a cruel exercise, sir.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And is there a best strategy for launch if a track noob got out there (like I would be)? Clearly Unbridled (but extend off). One pedal and auto hold on or off? TC? Do you just floor it immediately or would you spin out too much?
This is the easiest vehicle to launch I've ever driven with the (PE) soft summer tires and AWD. The wheelspin with TC on or off is minimal. The GT (non-PE) has an all season? If so, just experiment launching it with TC on or off, and with your foot on the brake, then releasing it. If you're getting excessive wheelspin you may have to modulate your launch, but if the track's prepped you will likely just be able to mash it and go.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Good lord, this is a tall order.

GTPE runs 1/4 mile at 100mph, people start to lose their minds (don't even worry about what the time was, it was probably mentioned like 3 times in 31 pages vs about 4928 times mentioning the 100mph speed)

Debates into the night about the 1/8 mile time and speed and what it could mean for the 1/4 mile if things are fixed

Meanwhile orders are being cancelled, or on the verge of being set on fire

Salt everywhere

Accords running better 1/4 mile speeds

Mexican drag races

Accords, and 2.0T motors in general, pulling so much harder at highway speeds that more orders of the GT/GTPE are set ablaze from the flames of turbo exhaust pipes

People living their lives one quarter mile at a time

AWD pulling faster 1/4 trap speeds

Users blocking other users

New cars being considered

Speculation on what the issue really is

Reviews not being released to back up claims of performance

Hopes and dreams are dashed

Hearts and minds waiting in anguish for validation in their decisions
Oh, so it’s still people freaking out about the times? Didn’t that happen on page one of this thread? And now we’re on page 35 and nothing actually new?

I’m sure there’s an OTA coming lol….
Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 5ADB12E9-F327-474D-A115-D08359138CD0

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 5ADB12E9-F327-474D-A115-D08359138CD0

Edit: Ok, that was a troll job by me, done for 2 reasons -

1. To show how easy it is to grab a rando ass Dragy run out of the leaderboard in the app and post it up for all to take as gospel. *I am not saying anyone has done this here. Just that it is easy.

2. To inject some hope and dreams back into the lives of all of you dejected GT guys. This thread has gotten way too sad and I even got blocked by someone for the 1st time ever in my 28 yrs of car forum contributions. ???

Feel free to block/ban me now ?
The emotional roller coaster you just put me on...

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

Edit: Ok, that was a troll job by me, done for 2 reasons -

1. To show how easy it is to grab a rando ass Dragy run out of the leaderboard in the app and post it up for all to take as gospel. *I am not saying anyone has done this here. Just that it is easy.

2. To inject some hope and dreams back into the lives of all of you dejected GT guys. This thread has gotten way too sad and I even got blocked by someone for the 1st time ever in my 28 yrs of car forum contributions. ???

Feel free to block/ban me now ?
Btw, that Dragy run was from a fookin’ tuned Explorer ST. So, I kept it in the family.