Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
And is there a best strategy for launch if a track noob got out there (like I would be)? Clearly Unbridled (but extend off). One pedal and auto hold on or off? TC? Do you just floor it immediately or would you spin out too much?
1PD off, TC nannies off. power brake it like a turbo with an automatic and a high-stall converter, and launch by letting off the brake With the go-fast pedal already buried.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
9D3AE09A-F8E9-4CA7-A28E-C0B938675ED7.jpeg

Mike Levine response when asked about GT/GTPE reviews…. I guess we get more info in October if not sooner…
Wow, that is much farther out than I would have expected. And that isn't hands on independent reviews, but just a media drive day. Not a great look for Ford.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
So I'm going to get walked by my wife in her brand new Explorer ST. :rolleyes:
She’ll only run that good if she has a stage 2 tune, full exhaust with hi flow cats/downpipe etc.

I was gonna post the run that went 11.9@117mph, but that woulda just been mean. ?

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
9D3AE09A-F8E9-4CA7-A28E-C0B938675ED7.jpeg

Mike Levine response when asked about GT/GTPE reviews…. I guess we get more info in October if not sooner…
Well that all but confirms that they know about the performance issues and are (hopefully) fixing them before they let the media get their hands on the cars.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Well that all but confirms that they know about the performance issues and are (hopefully) fixing them before they let the media get their hands on the cars.
If that is true then that is an even worse look , as there are going to be to lots of owners with confirmed times that don't match the specs that becomes the narrative long before the reviews have a chance to correct it.

Sure it won't be the first time a vehicle has under performed and been silently corrected at the first service (not all owners would even be aware of any issues), but it could also just easily mean reviewers testing from a pool of unique tweaked press specials that meet expectations while owners vehicles continue to under perform.

I guess we just have to wait until October, see if the reviewers get similar numbers :(, or they get given press only specials that magically perform as expect :( or hopefully an opps we gone and f'kd up from Ford see the reviewers numbers for true indication with an associated TSB fix for shipped vehicles.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Two or three weeks ago I asked Mike Levine outright on Twitter when we could expect reviews. He replied (I love senior managers that engage with fans on Twitter) with "a little while longer". I paid attention to his account over the few days afterwards and they were in the desert doing a Raptor event.

Just yesterday all the automotive sites dropped their articles on that event and the new Raptor.

It's unlikely that Ford would also drop Mach-E news (despite this thread) and distract from the message of the week- The Raptor. My guess is we are still ~2-3 weeks out, because Automotive Journos aren't puppets for Ford, and likely can't run headline stories on Ford products in back to back weeks for obvious reasons.
So "a little while longer" is apparently 2 or 3 months according to Mr. Levine.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
If that is true then that is an even worse look , as there are going to be to lots of owners with confirmed times that don't match the specs that becomes the narrative long before the reviews have a chance to correct it.

Sure it won't be the first time a vehicle has under performed and been silently corrected at the first service (not all owners would even be aware of any issues), but it could also just easily mean reviewers testing from a pool of unique tweaked press specials that meet expectations while owners vehicles continue to under perform.

I guess we just have to wait until October, see if the reviewers get similar numbers :(, or they get given press only specials that magically perform as expect :( or hopefully an opps we gone and f'kd up from Ford see the reviewers numbers for true indication with an associated TSB fix for shipped vehicles.
I guess the upside to that would be the press specials would have a fix that we can use too and it wouldn't be some permanent f' up with physical parts like the motors or something.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
And let's just be clear here, despite what some Ford nut-swingers that don't know what they're talking about said earlier in the thread: this is not an issue that starts in the mid to high 80s. If it started in the mid to high 80s it wouldn't be down 7 mph to the MYP in the 1/8th. That alone proves that it starts in the 70s at the latest. It's very obviously not losing 7 mph all between 85 and 87 mph, or even 80 to 87, right before the 1/8th traps.

But the 50-70 time proves that it starts before even that.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
My order date kind of puts me in a good position. I cancelled my first order because the dealer wanted to charge fees, but it's still in my app and should be delivered in October. I'm going to be the first one there to test drive it and see what I think.

My current order with a good dealership will be here in november. So Im lucky enough to wait until after the ford media show, drive and see it a month early, hopefully it's fixed by November.
Sponsored