blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Ford has been trolling Tesla hard about the Y going back to Model Y's reveal event. The 4X and GTPE zero-60 times are a direct response to Tesla. Knowing this, maybe that's why so many people are disappointed with the GTPE's performance so far. October seems far away but I think we're all looking forward to the reviews.

I'm surrounded by LR Y/3s and I can't wait to beat them all to the next stop light.
Ugh man I'm seriosuly over the Tesla thing. I can easily count 10-15 Tesla's on the road just going to Starbucks and back. It's become a literal joke to me and my wife when we go to Starbucks on the weekends.

If they didn't all have the same exact design maybe it wouldnt be so bad.
Sponsored

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Hmmm I was told something else. I was told it’s a deduction of your federal income taxes… so you need to earn enough to have 7500 withheld and then you pay no taxes for that fiscal year.
Or did I just say the same thing you did? Is not a 7500 credit like the EIC for example.
Yes, you are describing a credit. A deduction is an offset to taxable income, and is only worth a portion of the stated amount - that portion being your marginal tax rate. With the EV credit, you get full value for the credited amount, up to the $7,500 limit.

As noted above, it's a nonrefundable credit, only available to the extent you would otherwise owe income tax in that tax year. I think we are saying the same thing, in different words.

vakane

First Name
Rinel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag
I’m not cancelling reservation just yet…. But I won’t buy until the performance edition delivers a better than decent “performance”.

if that’s too much to ask I’ll go back to ICE and I’ll wait for the next gen a 60-70k GT should at the very least “smoke” a 45k GT in pretty much every category.

maybe I’m being too harsh but for 70k I think I’m allowed tohave very high expectations.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
It's still crazy to me that Kia has come to a point to be a legitimate competitor in the automotive field. Talking about a Kia beating super cars in a 400m race (their first promo video) is bizarre to think about.
Yes the korean manufactures have come a long way, it seems that with Hyundai / Kia that when it comes to the future EV products Kia will be the one initially getting the more performance orientated push,guess will have to see if eventually an Ioniq 5 N comes out if its specs are above or below the EV6 GT if that will be the case.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ugh man I'm seriosuly over the Tesla thing. I can easily count 10-15 Tesla's on the road just going to Starbucks and back. It's become a literal joke to me and my wife when we go to Starbucks on the weekends.

If they didn't all have the same exact design maybe it wouldnt be so bad.
I call them Tesla Model White. So many white Model 3s and Ys, it's out of control. tbh, I very much enjoy driving Teslas. I just don't want one.

100mph in 12.5 seconds seems alright to me but for the people who want the bragging rights even if they never use them, I totally get it.

CharleyCarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE In Production
Country flag
According to this article, the combustion rate on the first 25 Plaids delivered was 4%. I guess that's not so bad. A clear majority failed to explode. So far.

Apologies for my hyperbole!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/07/01/tesla-plaid-fire/
was joking, any regularity of spontaneous fires is scary, and it is haunting me as I consider parking an EV in my garage every night.

the Chevy bolt/volt massive recall is also a sign of a big problem.

i wonder if the “performance” pressure contributes to manufacturing dangerous EVs

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
was joking, any regularity of spontaneous fires is scary, and it is haunting me as I consider parking an EV in my garage every night.

the Chevy bolt/volt massive recall is also a sign of a big problem.

i wonder if the “performance” pressure contributes to manufacturing dangerous EVs
Yes, I got the joke. The spontaneous fires make me a little nervous too, if I'm being honest. People on this forum have reassured me that EVs blow up less often than ICE vehicles. But the as far as I can tell, the ICE fires always seem to have a reason - electrical spark, collision, arson, etc. The EV explosions seem spookier - just sitting in a garage, no apparent cause.

I suppose fires are statistically rare for both ICE and EVs, so I won't lose too much sleep over it. But if the Mustang ends up burning down my house and killing me with my entire family, boy will I feel foolish!

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Ford has been developing this car for six years. Did they really wait until after the first deliveries to think about tuning the performance? There's always hope...
1630869779957.png
Ford hasn’t been developing the GT and GTPE for 6 years. Those two models were late additions to the lineup after the decision was made to rework the vehicle from a generic compliance EV into a Mustang. I’m willing to cut them a little slack on that. But if these issues aren’t fixed on all customer cars a year from now, you can say I was grasping at straws.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Ford hasn’t been developing the GT and GTPE for 6 years. Those two models were late additions to the lineup after the decision was made to rework the vehicle from a generic compliance EV into a Mustang. I’m willing to cut them a little slack on that. But if these issues aren’t fixed on all customer cars a year from now, you can say I was grasping at straws.
OK, it's three years since they decided in late 2018 to call them Mustangs. And it's 118 years since Ford started making cars in 1903. That seems like enough time for them to have figured out that you design and test the cars first, and sell them only after that work is completed.

You're right, we'll see if any improvements are forthcoming. I, for one, will not be holding my breath.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I call them Tesla Model White. So many white Model 3s and Ys, it's out of control. tbh, I very much enjoy driving Teslas. I just don't want one.

100mph in 12.5 seconds seems alright to me but for the people who want the bragging rights even if they never use them, I totally get it.
100 mph in 12.5 is “alright.” But it’s alright for the AWD ER Mach E that already does 100 in 12.5.

For the higher power more expensive GT, it is horrible, especially when it’s direct competitor does 115+ mph in 12.5.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Naturally in euro land it is 0-100kph (0-62mph) as the GT are GTPE but the are promising a 3.7 for 0-100kph sure that has the *1ft roll out for that number but based on the posted numbers so far they have little chance of hitting that figure.
Actually based on the results so far, 0-60 in 3.5 with the 1 ft rollout seems realistic as is.

The OP was only a couple tenths off and has zero drag racing experience.

Most likely he didn’t powerbrake (as was suggested) and didn’t mess with different settings. We also don’t know if the battery was at ideal temp etc.

It’s after 60 mph that has us all worried.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm surrounded by LR Y/3s and I can't wait to beat them all to the next stop light.
I'm thinking the same, but waiting for a Mach-E to roll up next to me. Based upon the GTPE numbers currently, I have nothing to worry about in my Y. No contest in my wife's 3 Performance.
Sponsored