Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford should stop production of the Mach-e GT and repossess all the ones they’ve produced and put them in a landfill and never speak of them again.
Re-badge them as Premium 4X+, then put out a proper GT that has both the badging AND the guts.

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Does my old man’s GT500 count? He’s still pissed about manual transmission going away…
Does he have a 20+? The DCT is AMAZING! I used to miss having a manual transmission in mine, but with the manual mode and phenomenal upshifts, (not to mention not having to buy a new clutch every few years depending on how much you abuse it at the track) the DCT was the reason I traded my 2 Stage 3+ Roushes for one.

Then again, I've been eyeing a new Mach 1 with the Tremec and a huge Whipple and fantasizing about the Tail of the Dragon...lol

GT500R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P
Country flag
We run almost exactly the same it would seem. Great, get that PE and get more confirmation of what we already know. ? maybe put up some 3.5s! And, no cold idle vid today but I’ll put up a cool morning 0-60 run on summer tires and TC left on:
Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 1631915560021
MYP would gap you HARD from a dig especially with mid 12’s from your car and not even hitting 115 mph in the 1/4.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
MYP would gap you HARD from a dig especially with mid 12’s from your car and not even hitting 115 mph in the 1/4.
?. Cool story Bro. Too bad there are things called mods that we ICE Troglodytes can partake in. I went from 112-114s to 115-116s with a tune/catback change. And just to make you super excited, I’m ordering an LSA kit from Boost District soon as well for 1/2 mile and 1 mile events. You know, those distances where Ys totally crap at about 120-125 and take eons to reach Vmax. Yeah. So just stay in your lane in your turtle.
Or go get your phantom “GT500R” whatever TF that is. You know, the one you’ve never posted vid clips of…

And I’m not even gonna get into the road course setup my pitiful slow SS has….

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
?. Cool story Bro. Too bad there are things called mods that we ICE Troglodytes can partake in. I went from 112-114s to 115-116s with a tune/catback change. And just to make you super excited, I’m ordering an LSA kit from Boost District soon as well for 1/2 mile and 1 mile events. You know, those distances where Ys totally crap at about 120-125 and take eons to reach Vmax. Yeah. So just stay in your lane in your turtle.
Or go get your phantom “GT500R” whatever TF that is. You know, the one you’ve never posted vid clips of…

And I’m not even gonna get into the road course setup my pitiful slow SS has….
Hey, there’s always some faster.

Side note, on ssforums it sounds like people have had real bad experiences with boost direct.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Hey, there’s always some faster.

Side note, on ssforums it sounds like people have had real bad experiences with boost direct.
Seriously.

And thanks for the heads up, I’ve seen that too but a neighbor guy had a great experience with them for his C7. Maybe I’ll just get a complete kit from Livernois, they’re top notch.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Seriously.

And thanks for the heads up, I’ve seen that too but a neighbor guy had a great experience with them for his C7. Maybe I’ll just get a complete kit from Livernois, they’re top notch.
^^ They did my tune and have a great reputation.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Does he have a 20+? The DCT is AMAZING! I used to miss having a manual transmission in mine, but with the manual mode and phenomenal upshifts, (not to mention not having to buy a new clutch every few years depending on how much you abuse it at the track) the DCT was the reason I traded my 2 Stage 3+ Roushes for one.

Then again, I've been eyeing a new Mach 1 with the Tremec and a huge Whipple and fantasizing about the Tail of the Dragon...lol
That GT500 DCT is quite amazing. After converting my 64 Falcon to a toploader, I used to joke that I didn't even know how to drive an automatic. But, after getting the special invitation from Ford to drive the new 500 two years ago, I was sold. Well ahead of retail deliveries, I got to drive them on the road course and the drag strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Good times! That car was ALWAYS in the right gear on the track.

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
To the OP (and any other GT/GTPE folks that have taken delivery of their cars), is it still fun to drive? I know we have been relentlessly pounding on the car for the past few weeks, which had to have taken the bloom off the rose. This is a serious question, though. Are you still happy, or do you regret buying it? There are some people here that will have to make the decision whether to commit in the next few weeks/months, and it would be good to hear whether or not you still get giddy when you get behind the wheel. Maybe for normal, daily driving the thing delivers the goods. Thanks in advance.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
To the OP (and any other GT/GTPE folks that have taken delivery of their cars), is it still fun to drive? I know we have been relentlessly pounding on the car for the past few weeks, which had to have taken the bloom off the rose. This is a serious question, though. Are you still happy, or do you regret buying it? There are some people here that will have to make the decision whether to commit in the next few weeks/months, and it would be good to hear whether or not you still get giddy when you get behind the wheel. Maybe for normal, daily driving the thing delivers the goods. Thanks in advance.
This is exactly the question that I would like to see answered, too. However, there are several posts around the internet where people are thrilled with their MME GT or GTPE. As I said in a different forum, I am looking forward to getting my MME GTPE as soon as it comes in! It's got sporty styling, great acceleration, smooth handling with the magneride suspension and Brembro brakes, comfortable seats (as a few users have posted, but I can't wait to see for myself), elegant interior with B+O sound system, plus 260 miles range. What's not to like, 0.6 seconds slower than a Model Y in the 1/4 mile? I don't care. If Ford updates the software to allow faster 60-110 mph times in the future, so much the better, but that would be a bonus for me. The vehicle certainly seems like the nicest SUV in its class already! One owner warned that he had to pull over into the passing lane before hitting the accelerator, otherwise he got too close too quickly to the car he was passing. That seems like good enough highway passing speed for me.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I just posted my thoughts somewhere else last night too. :) I love it and it is well worth the money. It's quick. Lots of fun. Extremely comfortable. The Magnaride suspension feels excellent. If Ford can make this quicker in the 1/4 mile it will do nothing other than make it faster in the quarter mile. The car is still quick and great to drive, along with all the other boxes these vehicles check for us.

But yes....the GTPE is still well worth the money even if Ford does nothing and it loses by a second in the quarter mile to a Tesla.

Yes, Car and Driver got a faster trap time in a Premium. I haven't seen anyone else do that. And, who cares? It still loses the quarter mile and if they kept going it will stop at 113 and the GTPE can keep going. It doesn't really matter at all.

?

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
Yeah, as a self proclaimed stop sign racer I plan on taking delivery of my GT as well. Little disappointed that my GT is as fast as my wife's pending MY LR, but at least Ill love the look of the car I'm in. Will probably finance instead of options so it will be easier to get out of if I want something that comes out later like the EV6 GT.
Sponsored