Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If this is the case then Ford seriously needs to add some form of indication on the dash to warn users of potential power reduction beyond the normal low battery turtle as there is a big difference from a safety perspective if you over overtake a vehicle down a back road / on the highway and get maximum acceleration because you haven't stomped on the go pedal in a while vs doing it a few times in a row and then suddenly finding that you suddenly have reduced acceleration due to some arbitrary limitation.
There is a “power meter” on the GT.

Someone posted a video last week and it clearly pulls power before 80 mph.

And then right after a full throttle run, he tried a 30-50 mph punch and it was significantly slower.

Here is the video- https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-gt-70-acceleration-issue-video.9677/

Unfortunately there is no warning, you just see reduced power live as it’s happening.
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
There is a “power meter” on the GT.

Someone posted a video last week and it clearly pulls power before 80 mph.

And then right after a full throttle run, he tried a 30-50 mph punch and it was significantly slower.

Here is the video- https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-gt-70-acceleration-issue-video.9677/

Unfortunately there is no warning, you just see reduced power live as it’s happening.
Yes the power meter would be a good place to show a moving limitation, but if I was to give the current power meter implementation a rating out of 10 it would be a -1, as it is tiny. Also it should be noted when you have the dash in dark mode then the drop shadow / highlight showing the physical length of the power meter bar is not present.

I see the power meter as the BEV's rev counter so needs to be more prominent and using a much larger displaying with a continuous range, that also includes the friction brakes / regen / power, then if any limits are imposed on power the upper range can be marked as unusable the same way some ICE vehicles have a moving redline that changes as the engine warms up.

Rather then aping tesla that thinks that you don't really need to be driving and instead owners want to be sitting in a Johnny Cab so giving driving information is meaningless, Ford should at least offer various layouts as I have no interest in a large amount of screen real-estate currently being wasted on showing a bubble around the vehicle. Hopefully this is something ford look to do in the future as the dash display has lots of potential that is yet to be realized, it really needs to have some selectable layouts as everyone has different ideas of what information they think is useful.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
How do you turn off all the collision avoidance to dyno this thing?

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
I was under the impression the TC Button long hold to disable Advance Trac took care of collision aids too... At least it does on the 2017+ F150s

Great to see someone else interested in hitting the rollers! Keep us posted

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
It's not cooperating. We've got everything turned off through the settings but it's still acting wonky. Will check on the TC, thought that might do it but was also worried about having TC and advance trac might cause some other problems.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I was under the impression the TC Button long hold to disable Advance Trac took care of collision aids too... At least it does on the 2017+ F150s

Great to see someone else interested in hitting the rollers! Keep us posted
I'll test it again but I thought it didn't do the emergency braking. Will test; hopefully it does!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not cooperating. We've got everything turned off through the settings but it's still acting wonky. Will check on the TC, thought that might do it but was also worried about having TC and advance trac might cause some other problems.
Maybe that’s a part of the embargo.

They updated you OTA to prevent preliminary dyno attempts!

I know that unbridled extend turns the nannies down, but it would also pull power. At least that could be a baseline if it works?

vakane

First Name
Rinel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag
Well…, South Florida Ford is quoting the 1/4 ?????
Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 4EE246CF-451A-41AC-B9A4-BF11488C2432
Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 00D2B0C0-EFE1-41F1-A509-E53062724755

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well…, South Florida Ford is quoting the 1/4 ?????
Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 00D2B0C0-EFE1-41F1-A509-E53062724755
Except that they didn’t answer the question.

If the “1/4 mph” is 12……… and here we are complaining about 100-102 mph!

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
Did anyone notice this option on the 22 model GTPE. Mine was supposed to be here last week and now in see this. Different front motor different battery pack. This probably meens it not a software fix.
• Primary Electric Motor (Rear) / Upgraded Secondary Electric Motor (Front) with Enhanced Performance • 91kWh Usable Capacity Extended Range High-Voltage Battery Note: Selection of this motor will automatically add the GT Performance Edition (60P)

Last edited:

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Did anyone notice this option on the 22 model GTPE. Mine was supposed to be here last week and now in see this. Different front motor different battery pack. This probably meens it not a software fix.
• Primary Electric Motor (Rear) / Upgraded Secondary Electric Motor (Front) with Enhanced Performance • 91kWh Usable Capacity Extended Range High-Voltage Battery Note: Selection of this motor will automatically add the GT Performance Edition (60P)
the 21 GTPE also has an upgraded front motor there’s no reason to think the 22 has a different motor than the 21. Battery Pack is also not necessarily different could be they just unlocked more of it.
Sponsored