Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
This is really cool - thanks for doing this and for sharing the numbers!

But...and sorry if this is answered elsewhere in the thread...I don't get why you didn't use track mode ("Unbridled Extend"). It would be interesting to know the reason. You are literally in the exact scenario track mode was designed for! If I had a GT and was testing it at a track for its best times, I would 100% do it in track mode.
Different track. Unbridled Extend is more for balanced power when lapping a road course so you don’t get huge lap to lap power drop offs, and thus, wildly varying lap times. This is/was the Achilles heal of the Tesla Model S. Drag racing requires higher peak power output for much shorter durations. Unbridled with TC off should be good for launching.
Sponsored

EVmodeler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER IB Job 1
Occupation
Engr Prof emeritus
Country flag
I actually have one of the early REMY HVH250 motors, but have never had an inverter tune to run it. Some PM motors do have this much fall-off in power at higher speeds, but most do not. There is usually some fall off in power as top motor speed is approached, but a constant power approximation above base speed is usually pretty good. Look up CPSR (constant power speed ratio). This data does show how important battery supply voltage is for motor base speed and transition from constant torque to constant power.
I recall seeing an early chassis dyno test video of an MME (not GT) and the rear wheel power suggested constant power out to pretty high speed. (I can't seem to locate that source now...)
See https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...o-test-results-375-hp-409-ft-lbs-torque.3737/
It made peak power at nearly peak speed.

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Different track. Unbridled Extend is more for balanced power when lapping a road course so you don’t get huge lap to lap power drop offs, and thus, wildly varying lap times. This is/was the Achilles heal of the Tesla Model S. Drag racing requires higher peak power output for much shorter durations. Unbridled with TC off should be good for launching.
Then at least get us through the 1/4 mile. No race ends at 60mph, except in PR campaigns.

OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
It is also odd that it will soon be 2 weeks since first delivery and only 1 has shown some data on the 0-60 and 1/4 mile? Ok, I think there was one other that gave a 0-60 or so but for a group of owners that obviously is buying the GTPE for performance, just seems weird there isn't more data and videos coming out let alone professional reviews.

@0t60-3.5 thanks for posting, we do appreciate it. Regardless of the bickering about the data, I am sure you are loving that car. I have a Premium that I will be trading for the GTPE in a few months and I am loving it.
Your welcome... took a risk doing this. I've called multiple tracks nearby and it may take a couple weeks to get back on. And yes, absolutely with certainty, I am loving this car. Definitely getting interest in people taking pictures in parking lots, thumbs up, people asking questions, the head turns, and even some "challenges" with others with souped up vehicles. And I share as much as I can - having allowed 6 others drive it!

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Your welcome... took a risk doing this. I've called multiple tracks nearby and it may take a couple weeks to get back on. And yes, absolutely with certainty, I am loving this car. Definitely getting interest in people taking pictures in parking lots, thumbs up, people asking questions, the head turns, and even some "challenges" with others with souped up vehicles. And I share as much as I can - having allowed 6 others drive it!
Well thanks you for sharing and taking the time to update us all.

Given the lack of “official” news, you have become the only source of data so far and are now famous :cool:

I'm interested in your take on all of this, are you happy with the day-to-day performance of the Car regardless of what the data on acceleration past the 1/4 shows?. Have you had a chance to drive it more and tests its highway speeds?

To be honest, although I'm very interested in the discussion this is probably not a big issue for me, I ordered a GT (not PE) as the difference in performance is not that important to me and the GT already sounds quite capable.

In fact, the ET times you show on the 1/4 mile would smoke my current car (which is a sports car) and which is already fast enough for my needs and for the occasional friendly sprint to the next red light ;)

I don't go to the track and decided on the Mach-E as a spirited EV to replace my wife's F-Pace 35T, so only interested in the practical, if fun capabilities of the Car.

Last edited:

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
How is the range holding up? Suppose to be 260 miles (up from the 235 original estimate). The range was one reason I considered not upgrading from the 4x Premium ER but then decided the loss would not really matter for me. The news of it being 260 was all bonus.

Have you put enough miles on to get a feel for the max range? The Guess o'meter is slow to show accurate range. what are you seeing for average KW/mile?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If it won't trap somewhere close to 110mpg, I am not taking delivery of the one I have on order. 100mph, as others have said, is ridiculously low. Something is wrong, its in some sort of "transport mode," or it just sucks. Those are the three choices. There are a lot of choices of nice cars when you are at $70k price points, and something that traps 4mph higher than a Honda Odyssey minivan doesn't thrill me. Trap speed says a LOT about how a car feels on the highway.

Also, the fact that a "regular" MME traps around 103, which is about what you would expect given the power and how it feels when driving it..... 100 is just bizarrely low.

Hopefully we will all know for sure soon.

And yes, for what its worth, I have extensive experience driving down the 1/4 and on road courses.
Kevin, you mentioned the price point of $70K and I agree with you because for $2900 more you can buy Ford's fastest production car, GT500. Stock 1/4 mile trap is 133mph at 10.6 sec, with slight mods (CAI, exhaust and tune) 139mph at 10.1 sec and the fastest one I've seen with major mods is 156mph at 9 sec.

The Mach-E GT is a sporty 5 passenger SUV type vehicle. Very fun to drive, practical in its uses and a very fast street car. I doubt anyone would buy them for constant track use but that is not to say you wouldn't take it on the track to have a bit of fun.

My issue with this car is not the speed but the handling. My Premium 4x, while fast, does not compare to the handling of my Focus RS ($35K) which is also faster. I only tracked the RS one time (Thunderhill raceway and it was a blast) but I would never take the Premium on the track. Even though I have changed out the wheels for much lighter ones and much larger summer performance tires, it still does not handle like something I would track, much too heavy. Since the GT versions only have slight modifications to make it handle better, I still cannot see them being better than my RS, however they will be faster. If we talk about the GT500, that is in a completely different league and in my view, there is no comparison.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Kevin, you mentioned the price point of $70K and I agree with you because for $2900 more you can buy Ford's fastest production car, GT500. Stock 1/4 mile trap is 133mph at 10.6 sec, with slight mods (CAI, exhaust and tune) 139mph at 10.1 sec and the fastest one I've seen with major mods is 156mph at 9 sec.

The Mach-E GT is a sporty 5 passenger SUV type vehicle. Very fun to drive, practical in its uses and a very fast street car. I doubt anyone would buy them for constant track use but that is not to say you wouldn't take it on the track to have a bit of fun.

My issue with this car is not the speed but the handling. My Premium 4x, while fast, does not compare to the handling of my Focus RS ($35K) which is also faster. I only tracked the RS one time (Thunderhill raceway and it was a blast) but I would never take the Premium on the track. Even though I have changed out the wheels for much lighter ones and much larger summer performance tires, it still does not handle like something I would track, much too heavy. Since the GT versions only have slight modifications to make it handle better, I still cannot see them being better than my RS, however they will be faster. If we talk about the GT500, that is in a completely different league and in my view, there is no comparison.
I would never imagine the Premium trim of an SUV to be a performance focused RS, most especially in handling.

Frankie1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500
Country flag
Well, my GTPE showed up at the dealership. Was hoping some professional reviews would surface before it did. Guess I have to decide if I want to make the purchase knowing that it may be a vehicle that may never be able to out trap a Honda Accord. Maybe I can stall for a while.

CharleyCarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE In Production
Country flag
Well, my GTPE showed up at the dealership. Was hoping some professional reviews would surface before it did. Guess I have to decide if I want to make the purchase knowing that it may be a vehicle that may never be able to out trap a Honda Accord. Maybe I can stall for a while.
For the price of one GTPE, you can actually buy TWO honda accords (with money leftover for helo kitty seat toppers) - this means that the accord is technically TWICE as fast as the GTPE

mine won’t be built for another six weeks, so I still have plenty of time to obsess over the technical merits of this machine

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT / Star White
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag

You will not find a new GT500 for anything under 80K, most are over 100K. My 2020 GT500 with the handling pack was 97K which was considered a good price.

I agree, there is absolutely no comparison to the GT500, I enjoy my MME 4X however, it is not in the same league or even close to the GT500. (I am happy to own both)

Nice to see real-world numbers, 12.5 is good for a stock car.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You will not find a new GT500 for anything under 80K, most are over 100K. My 2020 GT500 with the handling pack was 97K which was considered a good price.
Maybe where you are they are non existent but here in CA there are 176 Ford dealers and most are authorized to sell Shelby's. It is not unheard of to get one at MSRP. I purchased my GT500 in Santa Cruz in March of 2020 for MSRP. I have a friend in Sacramento who purchased his two months later for MSRP. I know of a forum member (GT500 forum) who recently ordered one in Texas for MSRP ($72,900). There are dealers out there that charge thousands more and then there are ones that want to make the sale and move on.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
On a serious note, if you don't like it for some reason you can mark it up $10k. At least you're the one making the ADM and not the dealer.

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT / Star White
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Maybe where you are they are non existent but here in CA there are 176 Ford dealers and most are authorized to sell Shelby's. It is not unheard of to get one at MSRP. I purchased my GT500 in Santa Cruz in March of 2020 for MSRP. I have a friend in Sacramento who purchased his two months later for MSRP. I know of a forum member (GT500 forum) who recently ordered one in Texas for MSRP ($72,900). There are dealers out there that charge thousands more and then there are ones that want to make the sale and move on.
Well, I suppose it evens out as if I bought mine in CA and drove it to Va it would cost 20k. And take 30 days with all the fuel stops given the tiny tank and range ?
Sponsored