Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Your daily reminder:

The MME GT and GT/PE will not be relegated to mere 100mph 1/4 mile runs. 4Xs run 103-104mph 1/4s and Ford isn’t having it outdo the GTs. Also, a 12.5 1/4 mile with an issue limiting trap speed to 100mph shows Serious potential. 12.0-12.2s, bank on it. 110+ traps.

Nor will it be subjected to highway humiliations by hurrying Accord 2.0Ts, Camry V-6s, Kia K5 GTs or any such similar FWD mid-size wanna be Sports sedans. Go look at the Car and Driver 50-70mph passing times of those cars and then check the MME 4X’s time. Yeah. Now, drop the 4X’s by another .5-1.0 secs. Uh huh. Bye, bye, little turbo….
Sponsored

OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Your daily reminder:

The MME GT and GT/PE will not be relegated to mere 100mph 1/4 mile runs. 4Xs run 103-104mph 1/4s and Ford isn’t having it outdo the GTs. Also, a 12.5 1/4 mile with an issue limiting trap speed to 100mph shows Serious potential. 12.0-12.2s, bank on it. 110+ traps.

Nor will it be subjected to highway humiliations by hurrying Accord 2.0Ts, Camry V-6s, Kia K5 GTs or any such similar FWD mid-size wanna be Sports sedans. Go look at the Car and Driver 50-70mph passing times of those cars and then check the MME 4X’s time. Yeah. Now, drop the 4X’s by another .5-1.0 secs. Uh huh. Bye, bye, little turbo….
I completely agree, my friend. The serious potential shows up to the 1/8 mile. There is no reason to believe the trap speed from 1/8 to 1/4 mile will be anything less than 110mph, in my opinion. I'm trying to get on a track again soon, but could be a couple weeks. Will have a better plan to more thoroughly test:
  1. With OBD2 data
  2. Unbridled Extend turn on and off
  3. Figure out how to get to near 100% charge at track before launching
  4. Lighten load
  5. Maybe an experienced driver test as well. Get their feedback too.
  6. Tire pressure is probably not an issue - current runs at launch have great grip past the initial squawk.

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I completely agree, my friend. The serious potential shows up to the 1/8 mile. There is no reason to believe the trap speed from 1/8 to 1/4 mile will be anything less than 110mph, in my opinion. I'm trying to get on a track again soon, but could be a couple weeks. Will have a better plan to more thoroughly test:
  1. With OBD2 data
  4. Lighten load
  6. Tire pressure is probably not an issue - current runs at launch have great grip past the initial squawk.
Honestly experienced driver won't do a thing, you got a 1.8 60', might be able to get a 1.7 on stock tires on great track prep but after that the car just GOES, you don't have to do anything as a driver. The lighter the better if you can find an 80lb person to drive it, that still wouldn't impact the MPH in the 1/4. If it happens again we know it's a programming issue and Ford will have to do an update. I bet all in the car is a high 11 second car once it's all dialed in.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
  1. With OBD2 data
  4. Lighten load
Excellent plan.
Odb2 data will be nice to complement time slips and Dragy data.
Correct re: Tire psi is a non-issue because AWD isn’t susceptible to traction problems. A little chirp is good. Plus, higher psi equals less rolling resistance on the big end.
I’d leave weight alone for real-world results.
Get a dash phone mount so you can overlay Dragy data with video ???.

Jeebus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Laundry list
Country flag
Honestly experienced driver won't do a thing, you got a 1.8 60', might be able to get a 1.7 on stock tires on great track prep but after that the car just GOES, you don't have to do anything as a driver. The lighter the better if you can find an 80lb person to drive it, that still wouldn't impact the MPH in the 1/4. If it happens again we know it's a programming issue and Ford will have to do an update. I bet all in the car is a high 11 second car once it's all dialed in.
Exactly. Pro driver, special tires, weight loss...that's all going to impact the ET to a degree but the trap isn't going to change much from that, especially on an AWD car this heavy.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Your daily reminder:

While I agree that on the street the instant response of an EV is going to leave most stuff floundering as it awaits the appropriate gear, and while my own reasons for opting for the GTPE is purely down to it being the only mach-e offered with adaptive suspension, so really class any performance is just a bonus.

But from a marketing perspective once ford starts using performance in the title it somewhat needs to live up to it, especially as there is some serious performance competition in this sized SUV class that have no problems keeping up and beating the posted times and that once rolling and on a long stretch of "mexican highway" won't be limited by a pedestrian 124mph at the top end and will be long gone ;)

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
But from a marketing perspective once ford starts using performance in the title it somewhat needs to live up to it, especially as there is some serious performance competition in this sized SUV class that have no problems keeping up and beating the posted times and that once rolling and on a long stretch of "mexican highway" won't be limited by a pedestrian 124mph at the top end and will be long gone ;)
^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
While I agree that on the street the instant response of an EV is going to leave most stuff floundering as it awaits the appropriate gear, and while my own reasons for opting for the GTPE is purely down to it being the only mach-e offered with adaptive suspension, so really class any performance is just a bonus.

Understood. But, if really high speeds are your thing then most EVs aren’t gonna cut it. Model Y Perf does 155, regular dual motor LR only 130. And since Ford never marketed a 140+mph top speed, so, there’s that. Porsche has the right idea with the 2-speed in the Taycan.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
What kind of backing are you providing with this personal guarantee of yours?
Haha, personal guarantee? Ok. I’ve been drag racing since 1992. I read test reports. If a car traps 87mph in the 1/8th it’s almost impossible to only trap 100 in the 1/4. The MME GT is not gearing limited like some 4.56 geared Fox body with a broken 5th gear. If it can do 124mph top speed it’ll do 110 in the 1/4.

If there is a problem that is limiting it to 100mph, Ford will fix it. But I suspect there’s not a real problem.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Haha, personal guarantee? Ok. I’ve been drag racing since 1992. I read test reports. If a car traps 87mph in the 1/8th it’s almost impossible to only trap 100 in the 1/4. The MME GT is not gearing limited like some 4.56 geared Fox body with a broken 5th gear. If it can do 124mph top speed it’ll do 110 in the 1/4.

If there is a problem that is limiting it to 100mph, Ford will fix it. But I suspect there’s not a real problem.
So what's your explanation? OP doesn't know how to drive?

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
BTW, based on my Mach E trip to the track please try holding the brake and flooring it, it should bump forward and then hold. Fully depress the gas pedal and then release the brake, that should be your fastest leave off the line. I'd try it on the street first to see what happens in both regular and the track mode.

Brazenbuck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE | Shelby GT500
Country flag
You will not find a new GT500 for anything under 80K, most are over 100K. My 2020 GT500 with the handling pack was 97K which was considered a good price.

I agree, there is absolutely no comparison to the GT500, I enjoy my MME 4X however, it is not in the same league or even close to the GT500. (I am happy to own both)

Nice to see real-world numbers, 12.5 is good for a stock car.
Same here, a MME 4X and ‘21 GT500. The MME is a nice daily, but even in the GT trim it’s nowhere close to the GT500.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Same here, a MME 4X and ‘21 GT500. The MME is a nice daily, but even in the GT trim it’s nowhere close to the GT500.
Hmmm... An endurance race could be interesting. Given how thirsty those GT500s are, the ICE vehicle might spend more time refueling than the EV?

Moretorque21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 super crew, C7 Corvette
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Is there any chance the OP hit the brakes a few feet early? Some tracks are not that clear where the triggers are located. Hitting the brakes at 110 will drop mph quickly, but will only minimally affect time. I have seen a few people do that when they are not familiar with a track. It happens. If it is a real issue, Ford will fix it. I would be shocked if there was a 100mph limiter on the GTPE unless it is a break in limitation.
Sponsored