You are right after rereading it. Thanks
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
the 21 GTPE also has an upgraded front motor there’s no reason to think the 22 has a different motor than the 21. Battery Pack is also not necessarily different could be they just unlocked more of it.
So what was the end result with the dyno? Could you get it to work?

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
So what was the end result with the dyno? Could you get it to work?
Both the shop owner and I got a little spooked the second time the GT tried to drive itself off the rollers. I wasn't behind the wheel but he said it was still the collision avoidance triggering despite all of it being turned off through the menu.

I had considered turning off the advance trac (I'm used to doing this having dyno'd my GT500 where of course you have to) but didn't think it would help so didn't try it, and I had already left the shop by the time people started suggesting it. I don't think he turned it off on his own but actually don't know for sure.

Also considered putting it in Unbridled Extend figuring that would disable all that crap, but I actually don't really care that much how much power it makes in Extend other from an academic perspective.

He said to come back if I figured out how to make it safe but seeing it dart to the right while on the rollers... Not sure I want to tempt fate again. I may try and swing by today just to talk to the guy some more. We'll see.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 1633087757173

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like Ford needs to develop a Dyno Mode to fully turn off all the nannies.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Both the shop owner and I got a little spooked the second time the GT tried to drive itself off the rollers. I wasn't behind the wheel but he said it was still the collision avoidance triggering despite all of it being turned off through the menu.

I had considered turning off the advance trac (I'm used to doing this having dyno'd my GT500 where of course you have to) but didn't think it would help so didn't try it, and I had already left the shop by the time people started suggesting it. I don't think he turned it off on his own but actually don't know for sure.

Also considered putting it in Unbridled Extend figuring that would disable all that crap, but I actually don't really care that much how much power it makes in Extend other from an academic perspective.

He said to come back if I figured out how to make it safe but seeing it dart to the right while on the rollers... Not sure I want to tempt fate again. I may try and swing by today just to talk to the guy some more. We'll see.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT Performance Edition (GTPE) first track launch with videos, timeslip! 0-60 in 4.12s, 1/4 mile in 12.657 @ 100.02 mph 1633087757173
Dang…. And we were so close to at least unraveling the mystery!

Maybe @trutolife27 can chime in? He did the first and possibly only dyno.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...o-test-results-375-hp-409-ft-lbs-torque.3737/

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
Thanks for being the guinea pig @Frankie Keep us posted if ya return, ill see about trying myself

Wonder how helpful the fans actually are for the EVs? If those being right out front are also causing issue... Though, the shop wall 30ft away would prob also apply then too if it thinks its going 70mph. Hoping the full advance trac off will do the trick ?

I'd love to see more power all the time, but I would be plenty ok with a "Drag mode" to that atleast gave full power for 1/4 or 1/2mi. This way Ford can claim by using this mode, mileage range etc is all out the window. pipedreams likley tho...

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I'd love to see more power all the time, but I would be plenty ok with a "Drag mode" to that atleast gave full power for 1/4 or 1/2mi. This way Ford can claim by using this mode, mileage range etc is all out the window. pipedreams likley tho...
That mode should be called using your foot to modulate the accelerator pedal ;). I can see the purpose of the unbridled extended neutering things to enable more laps. But all the other modes should just be various remapping we of throttle pedal we have had in cars for years all really should give full power just the point at which that happens will have differences so in whisper you really need to stamp down compared to unbridled.

Naturally far too late until a model refresh, but IMO the GT really should have gotten the sportier flat bottom steering wheel (used in other C2 performance vehicles), with the additional button that allows you to cycle through the modes without having to stab away at the screen so if more modes need to be added it would be far easier to cycle through them when driving.

Coyote Chaser

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Hey Guys... The Ecoboost Mustang was a real disappointment in the beginning.
But we were fortunate to have guys like Brad Gusler and his 9 second Ecoboost Mustang!
And Jessie Ringley with his 800+ horsepower Ecoboost!
The Mach E and the Ford Lighting are part of the future of auto racing!!

Screenshot_2021-08-17-18-48-50.png

Screenshot_2021-10-01-13-22-40.png

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Hey Guys... The Ecoboost Mustang was a real disappointment in the beginning.
But we were fortunate to have guys like Brad Gusler and his 9 second Ecoboost Mustang!
And Jessie Ringley with his 800+ horsepower Ecoboost!
The Mach E and the Ford Lighting are part of the future of auto racing!!
This is a nice sentiment but it isn't really relevant to people that just want a car that is competitive with a Model Y Performance and would like to retain the warranty on the 30,000 dollars worth of EV components their car contains.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Wonder how helpful the fans actually are for the EVs? If those being right out front are also causing issue...
It isn't just the fans being there, that's the first thing we checked (by getting rid of them).

My guess is the fans aren't really necessary during a ~10 second pull but you should put them in front of the vents for cooldown afterwards, but I'm far from an expert that's just a guess.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
But all the other modes should just be various remapping we of throttle pedal we have had in cars for years all really should give full power just the point at which that happens will have differences so in whisper you really need to stamp down compared to unbridled.
I don't really see the value of that remapping. Seems a whole lot easier just to remap my ankle muscles...
Sponsored