buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I don't really see the value of that remapping. Seems a whole lot easier just to remap my ankle muscles...
Agree hence I normally prefer just a standard mode for throttle mapping, but I do like custom modes that let me adjust between comfort / sporty for steering weight and suspension settings.

However in a BEV I can see the benefit especially for people not used to fast vehicles where you ca have a calmer mode or really an eco mode where the throttle pedal mapping is biased more to towards to very slow acceleration.

I Still maintain that Ford really needs to introduce an individual mode like other manufactures and allow us to select our preferred preset setting for each of the various attributes, there is plenty of screen real-estate to enable adding one or two.
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Hey Guys... The Ecoboost Mustang was a real disappointment in the beginning.
But we were fortunate to have guys like Brad Gusler and his 9 second Ecoboost Mustang!
And Jessie Ringley with his 800+ horsepower Ecoboost!
The Mach E and the Ford Lighting are part of the future of auto racing!!

Screenshot_2021-08-17-18-48-50.png

Screenshot_2021-10-01-13-22-40.png
The tuning potential of a turbo charged engine is very different and pretty much a known entity since high powered small displacement turbocharged engines have been around since the 1980's

So while I applaud the sentiment, In mach-e terms this comparison would be valid if it was a the a thread of people stating well the Select trim is a bit of disappointment performance wise but maybe in time more potential could be unleashed.

The GT/ GTPE is supposed to be the top performing trim out of the box not one that has a better 0-60 mph time but ends performing no better than an awd premium once past 60 mph.

CharleyCarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE In Production
Country flag
These professional lap times have me worried about GTPE performance. Other vehicles times are listed in the video description.

Am I reading this wrong?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
These professional lap times have me worried about GTPE performance. Other vehicles times are listed in the video description.

Am I reading this wrong?

The hell man...a Durango on track is faster?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

Am I reading this wrong?

Nope, looks like only two vehicles were slower than the Mach-E, the F150 and the Durango V6. The other 8 police vehicles were all faster, including all of Ford's Interceptor offerings.

So it looks like the GTPE is a 0-60 juggernaut but not very amazing beyond that.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The hell man...a Durango on track is faster?
Noā€¦ā€¦ pretty much everything was faster:
Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L RWD - 98 seconds - 73 MPH Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L 4WD - 98.9 seconds - 72 MPH 2021 Dodge Charger 3.6L AWD - 97.8 seconds - 73 MPH 2021 Dodge Charger 5.7L RWD - 96.3 seconds - 75 MPH Dodge Durango 3.6L AWD - 101.0 seconds - 72 MPH Dodge Durango 5.7L AWD - 98.8 seconds - 72 MPH Ford Police Interceptor Utility Hybrid AWD - 98.77 seconds - 73 MPH Ford Police Interceptor Utility 3.0L EcoBoost AWD - 95.7 seconds - 75 MPH Ford Police Interceptor Utility 3.3L AWD - 98.4 seconds - 73 MPH Ford F150 Police Responder 3.5L EcoBoost - 103.8 seconds - 69 MPH

Best time for the GTPE- 100 seconds 72 mph.

Barely beat a v6 Durango, and that was only one lap it beat it, it was slower on all other laps.

Seriously Fordā€¦ā€¦ WTF?

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L RWD - 98 seconds - 73 MPH Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L 4WD - 98.9 seconds - 72 MPH 2021 Dodge Charger 3.6L AWD - 97.8 seconds - 73 MPH 2021 Dodge Charger 5.7L RWD - 96.3 seconds - 75 MPH Dodge Durango 3.6L AWD - 101.0 seconds - 72 MPH Dodge Durango 5.7L AWD - 98.8 seconds - 72 MPH Ford Police Interceptor Utility Hybrid AWD - 98.77 seconds - 73 MPH Ford Police Interceptor Utility 3.0L EcoBoost AWD - 95.7 seconds - 75 MPH Ford Police Interceptor Utility 3.3L AWD - 98.4 seconds - 73 MPH Ford F150 Police Responder 3.5L EcoBoost - 103.8 seconds - 69 MPH

Barely beat a v6 Durango, and that was only one lap it beat it, it was slower on all other laps.

As an aside from the topic of how fast it is, am I the only one thinking how inefficient it would be for an EV police vehicle? Are we going to have officers sitting around charging their cars half the day? Or slowing down on acceleration because they're under 40% battery when something goes down?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
As an aside from the topic of how fast it is, am I the only one thinking how inefficient it would be for an EV police vehicle? Are we going to have officers sitting around charging their cars half the day? Or slowing down on acceleration because they're under 40% battery when something goes down?
It would depend on how many miles they drive a day. If under 200, they just plug it in every night. Maybe 200 miles is fine for a regular shift in a city? No clue, maybe an officer could chime in.

CharleyCarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE In Production
Country flag

yeah I really thought the GTPE could shine doing laps on a track with a professional driver, this was my thinking in looking past the 1/4 mile.

the marketing track ride-along gave a very different impression than the reality of underperforming full sized SUVs.

this is beyond software. This was undeniable underperformance in repeated well controlled professional runs on a standardized track.

With such surprisingly lackluster overall performance, I really donā€™t think Iā€™ll go forward with purchasing at this time.

Iā€™d love for someone to show me the optimistic side of these metrics. Pretty deflated on this vehicle.

vakane

First Name
Rinel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag
yeah I really thought the GTPE could shine doing laps on a track with a professional driver, this was my thinking in looking past the 1/4 mile.

the marketing track ride-along gave a very different impression than the reality of underperforming full sized SUVs.

this is beyond software. This was undeniable underperformance in repeated well controlled professional runs on a standardized track.

With such surprisingly lackluster overall performance, I really donā€™t think Iā€™ll go forward with purchasing at this time.

Iā€™d love for someone to show me the optimistic side of these metrics. Pretty deflated on this vehicle.
You said it better. I said it first lol

I wonder what youā€™ll get instead.
I placed my order yesterday for its replacement.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Given the range is the same as the 4x trims, I guess we just consider the GT version as an appearance package that happens to have better acceleration below 40 mph.

Kind of like the M-sport package BMW has been putting on it's SUVs lately.

Had more value when at least some of the colors were unique though.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So, after having an MME GT reserved since nov 2019, and being very much excited about it, especially after driving a 4X ER AWD, I am done. The metrics coming out just make me feel like I would be buying a second-rate product. I have owned 4 Mustangs in my life, all V8 and manual trans. I still own a GT500 and a fox-body. But I will not buy something half-baked. Please no jokes about V8 Mustangs being half-baked ;) They were all competitively fast with anything close $$ wise at the time, and have an emotional appeal.

The wife and I went a different way and bought an Estoril blue M240i x-drive convertible BMW. She has always wanted a blue BMW convertible, so we did it. Can't wait to get it. My Space White MMEGT is supposed to show up in late Oct. If anyone is interested in it let me know.
Sponsored