Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don't remember seeing that before. Where did you find it?
Good question! I saw it in the lsat couple of weeks, I think from someone across the pond. I hadn't seen it before either so I grabbed it.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Thank you for the review. Did you hear the B&O sound system?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I just remembered: Ford Europe Mach E press kit, page 2 of photos:
http://mustang-mach-e.fordpresskits.com
Mark. Dude! feel like you've been holding out on us. I've never seen this site before. So many cool photos in one place! If you did share it, I missed it -- thanks for posting it again.

Anyhoo... Without more detail within the photo you shared, and given the series of photos that it was batched together with, I am interpreting not as a highly customizable driver cluster, but only as Ford's demonstration/example of design iteration. For instance, here's a crop from another photo that was nearby that one, showing a what-could-have-been for the center console:

Ford Mustang Mach-E My hands-on impressions of the Mach-E design ideation

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
As mentioned in another topic, I had the chance so sit in one of the first preproduction Mach-Es in Europe. It should be the same car from the reveal events. I took the chance to made a video about all of my impressions.

Since my YT Channel is in german, I will write down the key points here in this topic for you guys :D

My german video:

The shown car was a Mustang Mach-E First Edition

Exterior:
  • Rear and side profile look very good. The black elements make it look smaller and agile and mimics the shape of the normal mustangs pretty nice
  • Frontend of non-GT model was way too soft for my taste. For a Mustang it could look more aggressive
  • The painted all black elements in gloss black, which looks really premium - But they sadly missed out the lower grille in the frontbumper, which is plastic
  • 19' wheels look pretty small on the car. I think 20-22' would fit the car way better. Can't even imagine how small the basic 18' wheels will look like on the Mach-E
  • Mustang badges are pretty detailled with the wavy blacked out centerpiece
Features:
  • Trunk opens and closes automatically if you press the specific button, you can also do that via the key
  • Trunk offers pretty nice space, frunk should also work for like a sportbag
  • A lot of great modern technology like Blind Spot Monitor, Memory Seats, front parking sensors, 360° parking camera
  • Nice to have stuff that is not on regular mustangs like hood struts, panorama glass roof and blacked out windows
  • the buttons to open the doors look and feel pretty cheap, but the 2-3cm popup of the doors is pretty nice. The little handles to open the front doors looked like they are an afterthough and just glued on.
  • Rear doors are pretty bad to open since they have no handle
  • Interior doorhandles are just tiny little handles on the armrest
  • The pincode on the b-pillar is hidden really nice
  • They really added a lot of pony emblems. Front, Rear, inside the hood, on the wheels, in the headlights, on the door entries, on the steering wheel, etc.
  • Sequential turn signals for headlights and rear lights look really cool and on par with Audis technology. I filmed all the different light setups at the 10:00 mark in the video
Interior:
  • Ford really is trying to buff this car to premium quality. All the important parts have really nice and soft leather
  • soundspeaker are hidden pretty cool behind cloth in the dashboard.
  • USB & USB-C charging ports for the front and for the backseats
  • A lot of space to put your stuff in
  • Great space for big people, no problems with head or legs on the front or backseats (I'm about 1,90m / 6"2ft)
  • Even in the back the doorpanels are nicely padded with leather
  • Key is just a basic Ford key, but could be a preproduction thing
  • Interior design is really simple and more like a tesla, does not really feel like "sitting in a Mustang"
  • I don't like the front seats. They are soft and have nice leather, but way too small side bolsters, really like no side support. Driving through corners will make you fly off your seats. You call it Mustang, give it sporty seats as base equipment.
Infotainment:
  • The huge touchpad-screen is reacting really fast and responsive
  • multi finger touches work great
  • the gauge cluster look pretty simple, I guess they should update the graphic here for the final model
  • Infotainment was for the most part just an early software, so most features were non functional. The 360 camera was distorted and used a pickup truck as a graphic (see 7:24 in the video)
  • To go to the settings you have to touch a nice little Mach-E model in the upper left corner of the touchscreen
Overall it's a really nice electric SUVs. Good space, fair price, great materials, a lot of modern technology. I still think they should have just go for the "Ford Mach-E" name without Mustang. The exterior clearly has some Mustang vibes, but in the interior is totally more from a big premium family SUV and not something sporty or mustang-feeling. But if you are in the market for an electric car, I think it is definitely one of the best offerings for the money and one of the best looking.

Feel free to ask some questions, I will try to answer if I could see or test the specific part ?
Great review. One question, you keep mentioning leather in your review of the interior. Did the demo model have actual leather or Ford's "ActiveX" ? If it was ActiveX, what did you think the material compared to leather?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
My 2013 Ford Fusion Energi has two customizable displays on the left and right that are nearly perfect, even nicer than the pair on my 2011 Fusion Hybrid, which I loved. When MFT was replaced by Sync 3, the options dropped a bit and the displays are not as nice - I have rented cars with the newer setup and the girlfriend has Sync 3 on her C-Max and the screens aren't as customizable (for example, you can't use the right screen to adjust the climate) and the presentation isn't as pretty. I hope they have looked back a bit when choosing what the Mach-E can show and do and how it presents it all, even in a very different kind of dash.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
My 2013 Ford Fusion Energi has two customizable displays on the left and right that are nearly perfect, even nicer than the pair on my 2011 Fusion Hybrid, which I loved. When MFT was replaced by Sync 3, the options dropped a bit and the displays are not as nice - I have rented cars with the newer setup and the girlfriend has Sync 3 on her C-Max and the screens aren't as customizable (for example, you can't use the right screen to adjust the climate) and the presentation isn't as pretty. I hope they have looked back a bit when choosing what the Mach-E can show and do and how it presents it all, even in a very different kind of dash.
Love the Fusion Energi (I have a 2017 Platinum). It's actually a really great car, if only it had more electric range and electric power (on battery alone 0-60 is about 15 seconds :( and range in Maryland winter drops to about 13-15 miles)

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modernmusclecars.de
Vehicles
2018 Camaro 2SS
Country flag
Don't mix up sketches from the website with what the actual car will deliver. If I remember correctly at the event in London they told us that the display will look pretty will be slightly updated to what the press cars had, but don't expect any huge changes. They didn't go into how deep you can customzie the view, but it seems like it's a pure digital speedometer.
You can see it in action a bit in my video from London at about 2:40 (it's a german video):

@Paulalex01: It has this vegan leather thing, I guess that's you mean with ActiveX. It felt really nice and much more premium like the cheap leather they use in regular Mustang. Couldn't feel a difference to regular leather.
Sponsored